Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615293 times)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5250 on: June 02, 2014, 08:52:15 pm »
Looks to have been a car crash by Bog Island, a section of pavement is taped off:

Have a look at the safety railings by the pedestrian crossing outside Sainsburys, that's had a good wallop  as well.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5251 on: June 04, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »
  Driving in Llandudno today I just saw, in the corner of my eye, a sign saying, I think "Down the Rabbit Hole, opening shortly." Or words to that effect.
  It was a large sign situated more or less where the original down the rabbit hole used to exist.
   Anyone else seen it or heard about it?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5252 on: June 04, 2014, 08:22:42 pm »
I think it belongs to the disabled group upstairs on the same grounds as the Cafe cais.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #5253 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:41 pm »
I think it belongs to the disabled group upstairs on the same grounds as the Cafe cais.
Being run by 'Mind' mental health charity .
From the rumours I've heard it looks like its going to be a high quality heath food cafe.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5254 on: June 06, 2014, 10:44:51 pm »
Some photos from the Three Castles Trial this morning, the Ferrari was stunning, I looked up the value of it when I returned home, around £2,500,000 ! A great chap that owned it too!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5255 on: June 06, 2014, 10:46:36 pm »
A few more, stunning pre war Alfa Romeo!

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5256 on: June 07, 2014, 05:57:45 am »
Nice pics.

See what happens when you don’t use a proper roof rack.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5257 on: June 07, 2014, 07:01:27 am »
Nice pics.

See what happens when you don’t use a proper roof rack.

:laugh: I did think that the Mad Hatter would be too heavy for the car!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5258 on: June 07, 2014, 09:05:53 pm »
The Ferrari. Two and a half million? Maybe a nought or two too many or I must be completely out of touch with present day values

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5259 on: June 07, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »
A really mint condition one would fetch 3 or 4 million pounds!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5260 on: June 08, 2014, 10:42:51 am »
Walked along Bryniau rd this morning then across the oval,all i can say it looked disgracefull.Bryniau rd verges must be over a foot long and the oval just uncut,biggest mistake letting the cricket club cut their own grass because CCBC never turn up now.CCBC have decided to stuff looking after gardens and beach which is what Llandudno needs to look aDECENT tourism destination so all that rubbish from the lady in the protest meeting telling us tourism is important toCCBC WAS A LIE.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5261 on: June 08, 2014, 11:03:04 am »
Wrexham you interest me here. quote "letting the cricket club cut their own grass." I assume that the club has a type of lease for the land from the council. If not I.e. They own the land, I don't see they need permission to do anything from anybody.
  But surely they are only doing good by looking after it in any case. I doubt very much if they need "permission" even if the council do own the land. That's what the club exists for, to look after the grounds.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #5262 on: June 08, 2014, 11:29:15 am »
The new slipway being built for the sailing club looks like a massive construction job.

Does anyone know how much it is going to cost and who is paying for it?

Also, how many sailing boats are likely to use it on a regular basis?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5263 on: June 08, 2014, 01:13:55 pm »
well said wrex it is a disgrace ,ormegolf the cricket club lease the oval off the council ,but they only look after the playing area as wrex says the rest is a mess,  bri i am asking the same who is paying for that major slipway the one that will be used for about 3 months of the year .

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #5264 on: June 08, 2014, 04:40:27 pm »
well said wrex it is a disgrace ,ormegolf the cricket club lease the oval off the council ,but they only look after the playing area as wrex says the rest is a mess,  bri i am asking the same who is paying for that major slipway the one that will be used for about 3 months of the year .

What I wonder is WHO will be allowed to use it?

I went to The Skip last week end and particularly wished to get to the slipway.  My progress was thwarted by a multitude of cones and Hitler type Council and Security people telling me that only the Colwyn Bay Water Ski Club were allowed both car parking and use of that area!

So apparently we have funded the CBWSC facilities and Joe Soap, who helped pay for it, has no right of access whatsoever.  Or can you tell us something different Mr Harbourmaster?

As far as the Oval is concerned, this surely is Common Land, having been established by tradition and use!   Just place your deck chair at Silly Mid off and tell them where to stick their stumps! 

I do believe that a few Council employees are connected with both clubs!  As Dudley Moore would have said,"Funny, funny!".    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero