Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612081 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5115 on: April 24, 2014, 01:30:15 pm »
I always carry a Stubbie Pouch with me.  I was given a box full a few years ago.  I keep one in my handbag and one in my rucksack.  They are very handy.  When you have finished your cigarette you just place the lit ciggy in the pouch and it extinguishes it without any smell either.  D)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Cordyline

• Management board member
« Reply #5116 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:34 am »
Waverley; thanks for info

Just booked afternoon trip from Llandudno

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5117 on: April 25, 2014, 11:44:44 am »
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/133135/woman-fined-75-for-littering-after-binning-cigarette-butt-in-conwy.aspx

This one was in Conwy, but I remember about a month back - walking the stretch of road from bog island all the way up to the Alex hotel and I didn't find one bin to put my rubbish in, did however pass 3 of these litter officers!

The people in question have no right to demand your name and you do not have to give it. Tell them to send for the police--- They don't !

A friend put his tab end down a drain and was fined £75. The matter was investigated by his local councillor and this came to light.

Not seen them in Llandudno recently ????????
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Dave

« Reply #5118 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:10 am »
They should be sent to the car park above the Rest and Be Thankful Cafe on the Orme at night, the litter there is an absolute disgrace. Tins and bottles everywhere as well as other evidence of the use of that particular site at night time. There isn't a bin to be found but I doubt if there was it would be used anyway. Besides, if the rubbish arrived by car it's easy to be taken home the same way.

Offline Dave

« Reply #5119 on: April 27, 2014, 08:32:58 pm »
A walk over the Little Orme today and there below the summit an area totally littered with cans and bottles from a drinks gathering in recent days. Can't we teach our youth to respect our countryside and local beauty ? Shame on you those responsible.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5120 on: April 28, 2014, 10:00:08 am »
A walk over the Little Orme today and there below the summit an area totally littered with cans and bottles from a drinks gathering in recent days. Can't we teach our youth to respect our countryside and local beauty ? Shame on you those responsible.

How do you know it's youths?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5121 on: April 28, 2014, 04:22:41 pm »
Good to see the Prom Shelters getting a paint,they were starting to look a bit shabby.

Offline Ian48

« Reply #5122 on: April 28, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »
For those into photography (of which there are several here I am aware of), the well-known photographer Martin Parr came to Llandudno and has published a selection of his images on his website:

http://www.martinparr.com/recent-work/recent-work-4/

He's a great photographer and often chronicles UK life in places like resorts and small towns and was particularly known for this in the 70s/80s.

Apologies if this has been previously posted.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5123 on: April 28, 2014, 04:30:55 pm »
For those into photography (of which there are several here I am aware of), the well-known photographer Martin Parr came to Llandudno and has published a selection of his images on his website:

http://www.martinparr.com/recent-work/recent-work-4/

He's a great photographer and often chronicles UK life in places like resorts and small towns and was particularly known for this in the 70s/80s.

Apologies if this has been previously posted.
My honest opinion is that any tourist with an iphone could take as good a photo as any of those posted. Not impressed at all, what do others think?

Offline Ian48

« Reply #5124 on: April 28, 2014, 04:33:05 pm »
Probably agree, but a lot of his other work in the past has been very good.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5125 on: April 28, 2014, 05:06:28 pm »
My honest opinion is that any tourist with an iphone could take as good a photo as any of those posted. Not impressed at all, what do others think?

There are some nice ones, but the overall quality is variable.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

« Reply #5126 on: April 28, 2014, 05:31:17 pm »
I found the subject matter a bit "mickey taking" and too up close and personal.
Some are not very clear either.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5127 on: April 28, 2014, 05:52:01 pm »
What happened to the new victorian shelters,maybe they don;t blend in with the quarry.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5128 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:04 pm »

There are some nice ones, but the overall quality is variable.

Very little of interest in those, and I was looking forward to them......   below 'Parr' tourist snaps is my verdict.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5129 on: April 29, 2014, 04:06:44 pm »
Good to see that work has started to enlarge Kiddies Corner by clearing rocks from the section of beach by the Pier: