Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613179 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5085 on: April 18, 2014, 12:29:24 pm »
I have lived in Southend on Sea and also have friends in Blackpool and their demise is similar to ours with lots of the small guest houses closing down making room for the Big Guns. Southend has the added problems of mass immigrants occupying hotel and guest house accommodation which in turn give an air of insecurity to the holiday maker. Petty crime such as pick pocketting is high in that area.

Sahfend on Mud was my happy hunting ground as a teenager.  Remember the Kursal, the pier and its train, and especially underneath it!  :D

When I was in the RAF I was stationed at Kirkham for a year so B'pool was also an attraction for me.  All that excitement was over 50 years ago so only you and the Lord knows what the places are like now!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #5086 on: April 18, 2014, 02:09:38 pm »
Remember Kursal well. The pier has been revamped and looks good. I have lots of friends who live there and tell me all kinds of not so nice stories about the goings on with the immigrants. When I lived there the town was virtually looked after by the cordorey brothers and the moody family amongst a few others. but times must change and situations reinvent themselves.

Offline Jack

« Reply #5087 on: April 18, 2014, 04:03:03 pm »
small thing but well don Olly for getting Alex Monroe name put on a street name in Llandudno. Boy done well
Not wishing to be churlish, but it was I that contacted the Town Council back in June 2012, suggested the name 'Alex Munro Way' and it was Cllr Phillip Evans who steered the idea through Council. Craig Ollerton came up with the idea of a memorial many years ago, but nothing ever came of it.

More about Alex Munro Way on the Daily Post website - and our very own DaveR gets a mention  $good$

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/llandudno-road-named-after-former-7006517

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5088 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:10 pm »
 I see Llandudno has another nutter sorry character around. After the monkey man we now have a gentleman positioned around Sainsburys, top hat, black formal attire, with empty collecting tin in his hand marked bird whistle and a strange noise coming out of his mouth. At least I think it was coming out of his mouth.
  Spotted him twice as I drove down Mostyn street. Yes I know. My eyes should b on the road. But I was held up by the pedestrian crossing

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5089 on: April 19, 2014, 12:09:53 am »
“The idea to rename the road came from resident Dave Roberts and it has taken quite a lot of time to organise but I am thrilled it has finally happened.”

Well done mate....   $good$ $good$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5090 on: April 19, 2014, 07:18:39 am »
 :laugh: Maybe we can get the pier pavilion renamed the RAT PIT and the North  Shore Quarry experience.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:00:52 am by Ian »

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #5091 on: April 19, 2014, 09:35:30 am »
... an idea for Llandudno to take up ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-27068921

... perhaps something similar using boulders ???

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #5092 on: April 19, 2014, 10:50:54 am »
 _))*

Those sand sculpture events are always fascinating. Would act as quite a draw for the resort, too.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5093 on: April 19, 2014, 11:07:38 am »
I see Llandudno has another nutter sorry character around. After the monkey man we now have a gentleman positioned around Sainsburys, top hat, black formal attire, with empty collecting tin in his hand marked bird whistle and a strange noise coming out of his mouth. At least I think it was coming out of his mouth.
  Spotted him twice as I drove down Mostyn street. Yes I know. My eyes should b on the road. But I was held up by the pedestrian crossing

Walked past him yesterday. He was certainly getting comment from passers by !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5094 on: April 19, 2014, 03:37:36 pm »
Really pleased too see Llandudno heaving today and all our buisness people making a good penny.Went on the cablecar and had to que 45 minutes,good luck to the lads who invested init.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5095 on: April 19, 2014, 05:01:56 pm »
Gridlock on the Orme this afternoon following a collision between a campervan and the downward travelling tram.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5096 on: April 19, 2014, 05:04:16 pm »
more

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5097 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »
Ouch!     They will really be sleeping under the stars tonight.        That's an expensive collision.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5098 on: April 19, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »
Trams starting moving again. Gridlock not helped by the gate to Happy Valley down to Black Gate being open.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5099 on: April 19, 2014, 05:27:18 pm »
it was gridlocked at happy valley ,cars couldn,t get up or down to ski slope ,i spent ages helping out getting it sorted car park full so cars had nowhere to go told the guy the should have a sign at bottom when its full ,another cockup by our wonderfull council ,looking around town thier are plenty of places that can be used for parking ,and charities and schools could benefit.