Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611828 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4965 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56:32 pm »
There are also regulations as to how collectors conduct themselves.  They should take a passive roll, without shouting calling, soliciting verbally or tin rattling.    They should also remain generally within their allocated collecting position.

Many of these so called charities are just businesses operating in a different way.  The charity  badge sellers who operate on the prom and some others in the Town fall into this category.
 ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #4966 on: March 23, 2014, 07:25:21 pm »
It's not just the Victoria Centre that suffers from chugger infestation, they also target the BayView Centre in Colwyn Bay as well.  Sometimes you'll find more than one of them lined up outside Morrisons.  The worst ones actually set up just inside the doorway of Morrisons itself where you can't avoid them on the way out.  A few times I decided not to go in Morrisons and gone elsewhere rather than face running the gauntlet of chuggers trying to get me to adopt a puppy.  I hope Morrisons get a sufficient kickback to cover their lost sales when they allow this to happen.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4967 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:15 am »
Am I correct is stating that to collect on the streets of Llandudno you must first have a licence issued by the Council?

If yes, then ask these guys to show you the licence.  And then report them to the council to try and ensure they don't get it in future.

If not, then get Mr Plod to assist in their removal.

I am involved in event that takes place later in the year and have to apply for, and get, a licence before we can sell programmes to the public on the prom - the money going to local charity organisations who do the selling/collecitng on our behalf.

You need a licence everywhere else-- at least you did when I used to sell flags. As Yorkie says there is also a code of conduct.--exactly as he says.

One in the Bay View centre kept haranguing me and calling me darling.--- He didn't half get a strip torn off him. He was red faced and stammering when I had finished. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4968 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:20 am »
They sound as bad, if not worse than the dreaded jehova's witless's. They won't get a penny from me!  $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4969 on: March 24, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »
Am I correct is stating that to collect on the streets of Llandudno you must first have a licence issued by the Council?

If yes, then ask these guys to show you the licence.  And then report them to the council to try and ensure they don't get it in future.

If not, then get Mr Plod to assist in their removal.

I am involved in event that takes place later in the year and have to apply for, and get, a licence before we can sell programmes to the public on the prom - the money going to local charity organisations who do the selling/collecitng on our behalf.

Knowing Sue Nash, the Manager of the Shopping Centre, I am certain that they will have the correct permissions...

However, irrespective of how legal they are, I just don't like them, and I choose to disrupt them, hopefully in a fashion that doesn't involve me committing a public order offence.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4970 on: March 24, 2014, 08:13:43 pm »
Don't just bleat about it on the Forum, do something positive:-

Dear Ms Nash, 
I was abashed to see the Victoria Shopping Centre has given permission for Bogus Armed Forces Charities to set up and collect money from the unsuspecting public, within your public areas.

I refer to Army of Angles and Families of the Brave. A quick Google search will very easily establish if these are the sort of organisations the Victoria Shopping Centre should be associating with.

I supported many genuine Armed Forces Charities during the 10 years I spent serving my Country whilst serving in the RAF and still support the genuine charities to this day.

Please remove them and be a lot more careful of whom you allow to collect within your precincts in future.

Sue.Nash@capita.co.uk
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4971 on: March 24, 2014, 08:25:09 pm »
So, did you send that, BlongB?
Fester...

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #4972 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:02 pm »
So, did you send that, BlongB?

YES e-mail to Sue Nash sent today just as you read it above.

Now over to the rest of you
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4973 on: March 24, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »
Good lad!

I shall continue my direct action campaign, as I am due in the 3 mobile shop tomorrow morning, circa 9am.

It won't make a difference though, because they are legal, and passers by take no notice of my protestations.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4974 on: March 25, 2014, 09:07:19 am »
I shall continue my direct action campaign
$good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4975 on: March 25, 2014, 10:37:50 am »
Good lad!

I shall continue my direct action campaign, as I am due in the 3 mobile shop tomorrow morning, circa 9am.

It won't make a difference though, because they are legal, and passers by take no notice of my protestations.

I will continue my direct campaign tonight protesting against your darts subs!

Last time I was in the Victorian centre there were some soldiers in uniform pestering people for money. I assume these were the real deal though, and the bogus charity doesn't go the whole hog and dress up?
Seems odd then that there is real charities alongside these - I wonder what the real charities make of them? Surely it should be them protesting?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4976 on: March 25, 2014, 11:52:34 am »
A mysterious concrete platform has been installed on a section of lawn near the Pier gates - does anyone know what it is for?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4977 on: March 25, 2014, 11:59:39 am »
I reckon a bus stop for the land train.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #4978 on: March 25, 2014, 01:23:26 pm »
Another wooden Alice statue?

Offline Dave

« Reply #4979 on: March 25, 2014, 03:50:51 pm »