Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615354 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4935 on: March 13, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »
Undercover of this morning’s Fog, yet more stones are being dumped on the North Shore, by the Vandals in Bodlondeb. It beggars belief that they can continue with a policy that patently does not work, destroys the towns major asset and costs us the ratepayer so much money. I just hope the Electorate of Llandudno will remember and hold our elected officers to account, come the local elections. New brooms with new ideas urgently required.   $angry$

Have to get the Postal Voting anomalies sorted out first!    ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4936 on: March 14, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »
My feelings, the original White Rabbit Statue was great and so was Penmorfa, but beyond that the link with Alice is somewhat remote. This latest proposal sounds like a waste of money to me, but if we had a large indoor Alice attraction that could work, say in a rebuilt Pier Pavillion with many other things to bring in the visitors on a damp day?

I agree with every word of that statement, M.E.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4937 on: March 14, 2014, 10:13:50 pm »
   Going back a day or two to my query about the "Down the Rabbit Hole" and Yorkies reply. I guess the business could not have been going  so well because if the owner wanted to retire he/she would have tried to sell it as a going concern.
   Which leads me on to the next point, is there such a great interest amongst the tourists in Alice?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4938 on: March 15, 2014, 08:02:43 am »
Why did CCBC not take over the Rabbit hole or take any interest whatsoever in the exibits.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4939 on: March 15, 2014, 09:05:29 am »
Why did CCBC not take over the Rabbit hole or take any interest whatsoever in the exibits.

They seem to like throwing money around !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4940 on: March 15, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »
  What were the exhibits?  Not genuine Alice clothes or rabbit droppings I don't imagine.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4941 on: March 17, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
Church Walks is closed for two days, between the Empire Hotel and the Tram Station, in order to deal with a hole in the road that has been repeatedly appearing over the last year despite continued repairs. The odd thing that the Road Closed signs all clearly state closed between 17-3-14 and 19-3-19...? Even by CCBC standards, this seems a little long to repair a hole in the road.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 06:14:33 pm by DaveR »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4942 on: March 17, 2014, 04:07:53 pm »
Compared to the pier pavilion DaveR 5 years is good

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4943 on: March 17, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »
            I had the pleasure of using one of Arriva's brand new fleet of 15 "Cymru Coastliner" buses which have been brought into use on the X5 and 5 Caernarfon-Llandudno route as from today. They have more comfortable seating, more room, free Wi-Fi, pre-recorded messages that announce the next stop in English and Cymraeg, and also a TV Video screen which also shows the next stop (also in English and Cymraeg) at the front of the passenger area.
           When we stopped in Bangor there was an announcement thanking us for our custom and the whole experience was very enjoyable and very similar to a train journey, although the driver I spoke to said the continuous announcements before every stop, (whether requested or not) were going to get on his nerves eventually!
           They only (inevitable ) downside were the two lads at the back of the bus who were lounging across the rear seats and of course had their feet up on the brand new seats.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4944 on: March 17, 2014, 06:48:32 pm »
Church Walks is closed for two days, between the Empire Hotel and the Tram Station, in order to deal with a hole in the road that has been repeatedly appearing over the last year despite continued repairs. The odd thing that the Road Closed signs all clearly state closed between 17-3-14 and 19-3-19...? Even by CCBC standards, this seems a little long to repair a hole in the road.  :laugh:

Planning permission needed perhaps ?? _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #4945 on: March 17, 2014, 11:47:12 pm »

Planning permission needed perhaps ?? _))*

apparently the road will be closed for sewer repair by Welsh Water www.roadworks.org

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4946 on: March 18, 2014, 08:39:41 am »
apparently the road will be closed for sewer repair by Welsh Water www.roadworks.org
That's a useful website, thanks Dwsi.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4947 on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:25 pm »
Alan Godfrey Maps have today published an 1899 map of Llandudno, it's available here to purchase:
http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/acatalog/Caernarvonshire.html#SID=23

Large scale map of Llandudno (West); Caernarvonshire sheet 1.16. Historical introduction by Kay Parrott. Covers Pavillion, Holy Trinity Church, St Mary's RC Church, Pen-y-morfa Cottages, Bath's Hotel and Wyddfid.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #4948 on: March 18, 2014, 01:33:59 pm »
That's a useful website, thanks Dwsi.  $good$

$thanx$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4949 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:13 pm »
This afternoon, a charity called Families of the Brave was collecting in the Victoria Centre.

It is very interesting to read what is currently being reported elsewhere about them.

http://dralexmay.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/families-of-the-brave-shows-how-hard-it-is-to-give-with-confidence/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/families-brave-forces-charity-keeps-3234525