Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614255 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4770 on: December 26, 2013, 12:02:53 pm »
Taken today just befor noon.
All this left from the road closure in Upper Mostyn Street since Saturday.
What a mess for all the visitors to see !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4771 on: December 26, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »
In reply to Dave's about a pub having a sticky carpet. Believe it or not a very old established late night drinking hole in Rhyl in the middle 1990s was universally known by the name of "sticky carpet" and over time it got shortened to "Stickys". It's proper name was the nightclub section of the Morville Hotel. I think they even became rather proud of the name. At least everyone knew where they meant

Offline Tosh

« Reply #4772 on: December 26, 2013, 04:24:12 pm »
Taken today just befor noon.
All this left from the road closure in Upper Mostyn Street since Saturday.
What a mess for all the visitors to see !

Isn't that just outside the boy Lyon's sportswear shop?
He should speak to mummy about it.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4773 on: December 27, 2013, 08:48:54 am »
Yes it is/or was. All over the place this morning.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4774 on: December 27, 2013, 10:01:00 am »
Little walk along Deganwy prom this morning ,its going too cost us a little fortune to put that back together.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4775 on: December 27, 2013, 10:37:13 am »
Just had a look at the xmas parade on youtube,i know there was a small steam engine but it looks  like there was no main attraction,no money spent ,there used to be reindeer or trains and cars lite up,there seemed to be no marching band besides 7 scouts,i believe Cll Bertola will be very proud of the fact he has spent nothing when he reports back to the town council.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4776 on: December 27, 2013, 01:07:46 pm »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline systema

« Reply #4777 on: December 27, 2013, 02:16:21 pm »
Just walked at the back of the Clarence Hotel and the fencing is down - looks like a car could have taken it down but suppose it will have to be the wind.

We went to the Christmas Parade and you could say we were disappointed with what we saw.

Brought our son back to Llandudno with us the other evening and as we drove through town he said - don't they do Christmas in Llandudno. Drove through St Asaph yesterday and their lights are quite pretty - puts Llandudno's to shame.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4778 on: December 27, 2013, 03:49:36 pm »
Very true Systema,problem is nobody cares in Llandudno so nothing will ever change.

Offline Dave

« Reply #4779 on: December 27, 2013, 05:09:58 pm »
Vicky Entwistle handed £50 parking fine at Venue Cymru

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/vicky-entwistle-handed-50-parking-6446189

I got booked a few years back for something similar but I appealed and the ticket was withdrawn.
I suppose I had a sound excuse that a passenger couldn't get out of the car in that spot ( outside Weatherspoons)until I pulled forward and reversed back in at an angle, hence the position of the car tyre. I suppose in a car park full of bays you should park within the lines to maximise the spaces available although I do think it's annoying that you get charged to go to the theatre when you have paid a small fortune for the tickets anyway.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4780 on: December 27, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »
in a car park full of bays you should park within the lines to maximise the spaces available although

The problem in the UK is that there's no thought given to car park design whatsoever. For a start, the bays are almost always too narrow for a lot of today's large cars and off-roaders. The bays are also always at right angles to the traffic flow, instead of sloping, which would make it a lot quicker, easier and simpler for people to park. Single lines are also always used, instead of the double-case line that the US use in their car parks, given that many of their drivers are even worse than ours.

But the sloping or slanted system has been shown to be the most effective design, yet we don't even consider it.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline systema

« Reply #4781 on: December 27, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »
We tried to park downstairs in the Car Park at Morrison's in Colwyn Bay - what a nightmare, gave up and went to Asda - never been in a car park where the bays are so narrow and the turning space so small.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4782 on: December 27, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »
Car parks have annoyed me for years! Spaces far too narrow so I always park in an end space far away to prevent car doors banging in to my car! An even bigger problem if I'm in my Jaguar, the spaces are often too short as well as too narrow! I never park near anything with kid seats in the back either, asking for trouble that is!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Huw Pritchard

« Reply #4783 on: December 27, 2013, 07:51:50 pm »
It's up to the individual businesses to attract their customers and all too often they don't make the effort and fail as a result.
I can quote lots of examples of lack of effort and due care to customers from the leisure industry locally but only last week I was in the 147 Club to watch the football. This bar is typical of those who just take the money and don't reinvest and don't provide the service they should. The tables remained uncleaned from one customer to the next, if you stand on the carpet near the bar your feet stick to it, and the toilets are evil.

Believe it or not some customers were actually ordering food too !

On the other hand, every time I've been to the Albion in Conwy (most recently Christmas Day mid-day) it's been busy and with an excellent atmosphere. All the grants, rate reductions, parking schemes in the world won't get repeat custom to a business if the product or service is poor.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4784 on: December 27, 2013, 11:18:28 pm »
Places like the London priced themselves out of the market years ago,not many go there anymore,food is a big thing for others,the Snowden is now one of the best,good ale nice atmosphere.