Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2648009 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4740 on: December 22, 2013, 01:04:52 pm »
Just e-mailed the town hall to see how the mayor is getting on with his traffic survey on Mostyn Champneys,i will let you know the response.

You will get just as much action as if you had mailed Father Christmas!   
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4741 on: December 22, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »
Yorkie you must be positive,im sure it was front page of the Pioneer,mayor to approach CCBC highways to sort out the Mostyn Champneys traffic chaos,so now is the probllem.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4742 on: December 22, 2013, 04:00:49 pm »
Yorkie you must be positive,im sure it was front page of the Pioneer,mayor to approach CCBC highways to sort out the Mostyn Champneys traffic chaos,so now is the probllem.

I am a positive person and am also somewhat of an optimist, but one has to be realistic occasionally!

Happy Christmas!    %0%

Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4743 on: December 22, 2013, 05:54:13 pm »
Christmas for 2014 needs a big overhaul in Llandudno,evertthing needs thought ,commitment,pride and desire.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4744 on: December 22, 2013, 08:31:52 pm »
Christmas for 2014 needs a big overhaul in Llandudno,evertthing needs thought ,commitment,pride and desire.

I think I'll get this one over first!    $walesflag$
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4745 on: December 22, 2013, 08:32:17 pm »
Just e-mailed the town hall to see how the mayor is getting on with his traffic survey on Mostyn Champneys,i will let you know the response.

Wasn't someone knocked over in Asda yesterday?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4746 on: December 22, 2013, 08:41:45 pm »

Wasn't someone knocked over in Asda yesterday?

Yes.  It was in the rush at the Easter Egg counter!    _))*
Cicero

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4747 on: December 22, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »
 D)

very good! No somebody said on Facebook there was a lady down either collapsed or run over, hope she's ok

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #4748 on: December 22, 2013, 09:39:44 pm »
I can understand the moans about the traffic flow around the retail park, but if u want people to come to a town that was built for visitors u really can't complain I know Christmas is busier than any other time but in 2 weeks everyone will be complaining about how quiet the town is u can't win sometimes

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #4749 on: December 23, 2013, 12:04:45 am »

I also hope the needs of pedestrians at both ends will not be overlooked.

As a pedestrian, I depend on those traffic lights stopping the traffic exiting onto Conway Road.

Furthermore, anyone under five foot tall walking along Conway Road past McDonalds and into town cannot see over the McDonalds hedge winding back along Charlotte Road.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4750 on: December 23, 2013, 07:24:57 am »
Believe me we are not moaning about the volume of traffic,its the management of it,it does;nt exist.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4751 on: December 23, 2013, 08:30:03 am »
Bri if you are concerned about the pedestrians then e-mail the papers ,CCBC highways and the mayor like i have for the motorists because if nobody bothers i assure you CCBC will do nothing but maybe its only me.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4752 on: December 23, 2013, 08:38:57 am »
I was talking to my daughter last nite about where the locals go now for their nights out now,she said that obviously the locals still stay in town but the people fro surrounding towns now do head for Bangor and now Rhyl has a few new nightclubs and has started to win back the young ones,pity for Llandudno and more worrying for our bars trying to survive,but until somebody see;s fit to invest our nite life has gone.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4753 on: December 23, 2013, 09:25:31 am »
It doesn't look like there is any interest in someone taking on the old Boulevard nightclub building.

I was in Bangor yesterday and there are two closed bars/clubs at the bottom end of the high street. The company that owns the Varsity bar up by Wetherspoons went bust lately.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/varsity-blues---bar-chain-6264646

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #4754 on: December 23, 2013, 11:21:00 am »
Bri if you are concerned about the pedestrians then e-mail the papers ,CCBC highways and the mayor like i have for the motorists because if nobody bothers i assure you CCBC will do nothing but maybe its only me.

wrex, I have always shared your view about both exits from Mostyn Champneys ever since you first raised the issue a few years ago.

As some councillors and many of the local press read this forum on a daily basis, I simply wished to feed back my observations as a pedestrian often using that route on the pavement past McDonalds.

At present, it is not problem for pedestrians outside McDonalds but I believe it would become a problem for them if the traffic lights were removed.