Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612766 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4650 on: November 29, 2013, 06:34:16 pm »
xmas tree lights sir

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4651 on: November 29, 2013, 10:04:08 pm »
Wrex, at 4.15pm from what I could see they all seemed to be on including those outside the Town Hall. However when I went to our ringing practice at about 7.15 the Town Hall were not lit and neither was the tree on 'Bog Island'.

BTW It is unnecessary to call me 'sir' you know! 

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4652 on: November 29, 2013, 10:09:15 pm »
I have seen the Holy Trinity Church recently advertised for tomorrow somewhere, Stan,

Bri. I checked the Church diary tonight when I went to ring. There is a coffee morning tomorrow 9am - 1pm for The Circle of Friends. Not sure who they are but they must be hiring the hall for the purpose.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #4653 on: November 29, 2013, 10:57:42 pm »
Thanks, Stan.

That will save me from looking although I am convinced I saw something somewhere along the lines of Holy Trinity Church - Xmas Fayre - Saturday, 30 November.

Offline Minime

« Reply #4654 on: November 29, 2013, 11:51:34 pm »
Have you seen the prices of trains?  We looked into going from pwllheli to barmouth for a day trip and for the 4 of us it was 33 quid!  Cost me less than a tenner return in diesel for that trip.  Pity as the kids love trains but theyre so expensive we only really bother with the porthmadog to Ffestiniog WHR one as a treat

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4655 on: November 30, 2013, 08:27:33 am »
Perhaps a family rail card would help?

Rail comes into its own for longer runs, I find. For instance, Llandudno to London can be done for about £80.00 for two. In a car, although the fuel might cost less, you have to add in depreciation, insurance and maintenance as well as the stress of driving down to London and finding somewhere to park as centrally as the train delivers you.

We go to Europe fairly frequently and would choose Virgin to London and Eurostar after that every time.  Not only is it a much more pleasant experience on the train in terms of getting to your destination, it's largely comparable with flying in cost terms.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4656 on: November 30, 2013, 08:38:03 am »
They all seemed to be on when I was in town earlier/

Most of the ones above the streets have been on all year !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4657 on: November 30, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »
Bri. I checked the Church diary tonight when I went to ring. There is a coffee morning tomorrow 9am - 1pm for The Circle of Friends. Not sure who they are but they must be hiring the hall for the purpose.

Stan, I had a look this morning on our way to the Town Hall and it was the Inter-Charity Christmas Fayre (10.30am - 2.30pm).  VV

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4658 on: November 30, 2013, 01:34:55 pm »
Hi Bri I also went to the Town Hall this morning, but what a squeeze the room was far too small.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4659 on: November 30, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »
It certainly was.

Father Christmas sitting on the stairs !!

I think they could have made better use of the foyer, if it was allowed.

No doubt they will fix it for next year.

I managed to find a table on the stage at the far end to enjoy a coffee plus a couple of home-made scones while Mrs R went round and bought some bargain wool and cakes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4660 on: November 30, 2013, 04:03:13 pm »
Agreed-- the place was rammed when I called at 10 past 10, it was difficult to get round, but I bought a couple of books and won a cross eyed pig on the teddy tombola! Should think the takings will be good ! ;D That would be the main thing .
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4661 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:42 am »
A reminder that the section of Mostyn St between Lloyds Bank and KFC will be closed today, to enable new roof trusses to be lifted into position on the Alexandra Hotel.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4662 on: December 03, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »
Mostyn St is still closed this afternoon as work continues on the Alexandra Hotel:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4663 on: December 05, 2013, 03:15:31 pm »
Llandudno was saved from serious flooding today, purely because the wind was not straight onto North Shore. Even with the wind focusing the waves towards the paddling pool area, water was overtopping the sea wall and flooding the Prom in several small areas.

I'll stick some photos up in a bit.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4664 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:05 pm »
First lot of pics - Paddling Pool area today at High Tide: