Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2643158 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4560 on: November 14, 2013, 05:53:11 pm »
Whilst waiting for the Rally cars to arrive, I had a wander along the beach and noticed several Kitesurfers were enjoying the rough seas:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4561 on: November 14, 2013, 07:04:58 pm »
Whilst waiting for the Rally cars to arrive, I had a wander along the beach and noticed several Kitesurfers were enjoying the rough seas:

Did you tell them they are meant to be at Porth Erias!  :laugh: good pic!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4562 on: November 14, 2013, 08:58:57 pm »
was watching them from the house this afternoon Dave, they looked to be having a brill time,  there were three of them at one spell, great photo by the way.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4563 on: November 15, 2013, 12:06:46 am »
With regard to the Mussels issue.

I think the beds in Conwy which cannot be fished form only part of the mussel beds available.

I say this because all the eateries in Conwy are serving Conwy Mussels (as opposed to Menai mussels).

Also, I was at Mermaid Seafoods in Builder St on Monday, and they had just taken delivery of an entire PALLET load of live Conwy mussels.

However, I agree about North Shore, they are certainly not to be eaten from there as they are not managed, monitored or tested to my knowledge.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4564 on: November 15, 2013, 07:08:38 am »
I went to manchester last night to see the Sterophonics(Tom Jones made a special appearance,bonus),it was busy i spent a 100 pound in the city and queued to get out of the city,this is how Manchester survives having events and bringing in people(tourists in our case)in to spend money,Llandudno is no different so get over it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4565 on: November 15, 2013, 07:54:51 am »
this is how Manchester survives having events and bringing in people(tourists in our case)in to spend money,Llandudno is no different so get over it.

Well, it does have a much bigger catchment area, significantly higher wage earners on average, pretty good parking and transport infrastructure and a huge population. But apart from that - no different. 

$good$
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4566 on: November 15, 2013, 10:34:20 am »
I went to manchester last night to see the Sterophonics(Tom Jones made a special appearance,bonus),it was busy i spent a 100 pound in the city and queued to get out of the city,this is how Manchester survives having events and bringing in people(tourists in our case)in to spend money,Llandudno is no different so get over it.

Each to their own Wrex. Not everyone in Llandudno is keen on crowds, traffic and noise and cannot afford or do not want to afford so much on one night out.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4567 on: November 15, 2013, 10:48:22 am »

Each to their own Wrex. Not everyone in Llandudno is keen on crowds, traffic and noise and cannot afford or do not want to afford so much on one night out.

I did hear that there are plans to close off a minimum of two streets in the Town Centre at week ends for regular events such as Fairs, Rallies, Street Entertainment etc.  This will happen 51 weeks of the year.  The other week will be given over to the Townsfolk to have the facility of being able to amble around and do what they would like to do.

A pedestrian Toll will be re-introduced to walk round Marine Drive and a Congestion Charge (as per London) will be made for those venturing into town with any form of motorised transport.

Don't laugh- it could happen!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Linda

« Reply #4568 on: November 15, 2013, 11:19:26 am »

You could try weight lifting at the local Gym Yorkie   :twoface:

I'ii just wait for a Bus, that's the only lift I need!  And it's free!   :D
Actually i dont know if your kidding but iv just got my pass and i think its amazing, free travel!. I havent used it much as where i live now I I I havent got a bus  :roll: . I am moving soon and the area has a bus route  D). So maybe save on fuel and the hassle of parking. Apparently can even go to Chester by bus (wonder how long that takes)  ;D Wishing you well with your mussels

Offline Linda

« Reply #4569 on: November 15, 2013, 11:25:45 am »
Me too,bit of a divertion but hardly chaos! 

So Yorkie is lying?  Exaggerating?  Just a fool?  Or Mike is being picky and pedantic!  Take your pick!

I suppose the degree of chaos, depends on how one on found it at the time.  Traffic was backed up from ASDA down to Mostyn Broadway, along to the Boulevard and then for a good way up towards the Links.  Maybe going towards the Orme wasn't as bad.  It's there for another few days, so will no doubt get worse as people and competitors come into town.

Still the town needs the business, so I hope all goes well.   :D
I might add my OH was driving around town yesterday and found it difficult early afternoon  in that area also ,so not on your own there Yorkie. Still like everyone agrees brings in business. I wonder what it will be like tomorrow for Christmas shopping!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4570 on: November 15, 2013, 11:38:35 am »
There's a man walking along Mostyn St wearing a jacket with 'SATAN IS A LIAR' written on the back. He's shouting about religion and trying to give leaflets to passers by.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4571 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:48 am »
I think that should read 'Santa is a liar".  Probably had an unhappy Xmas...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4572 on: November 15, 2013, 01:12:10 pm »
Saw him the other day-- wonder what he has been reading?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4573 on: November 15, 2013, 04:21:09 pm »
I mean that Llandudno is only trying to attract people into the town useing their cafes ,guest houses etc thats all,sorry if you all got the wrong idea.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4574 on: November 15, 2013, 04:24:29 pm »
We all know you only want the best for Llandudno, Wrex, and it can be mighty disheartening dealing with the council.