Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613118 times)

Offline Dave

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4290 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:27 pm »
I find it totally unacceptable when anyone has so little regard for our environment. You should have seen the litter left around the car park at the end of the Orme that council staff were busy picking up this afternoon. What's wrong with people that makes them behave in such a selfish manor.
Personally I would make the perpetrators clear up their mess and everyone else's if they are caught.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4291 on: October 02, 2013, 06:36:43 am »
Llandudno is on the slippery slope to hell in a handcart that's being pushed by Red Ed and the liberal mafia.

Are you lot for real?

If by 'Red Ed' you're alluding to the leader of the Labour party then say so and avoid hackneyed, tabloid-inspired and inaccurate cliches.  And if the implication is that he's a communist, then why include the Liberals?

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4292 on: October 02, 2013, 06:42:26 am »
Surely it wouldn't be the "lycra louts" themselves but their loved ones writing a simple message of support and encouragement in chalk that will have probably washed off after tonight's rain?

Are they chalk, then?  Even if it does wash off in time, however, what impresion does it give visitors? Graffitti is all too ofen the identifying chacteristic of run-down areas with social issues.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4293 on: October 02, 2013, 08:22:38 am »
I do find Kowalski's stance a little odd. Criticising someone because they care about the area in which they live and are prepared to raise issues seems a little unfair? One of the aims of the Forum was to encourage the local community to take ownership of environmental issues etc and try to get them resolved.

I'm sure if an intelligent chap like Kowlaski girded his loins and got stuck into local issues, he could achieve a lot. It would perhaps be more productive than writing an 11 section blog post on what's wrong with modern football.
 :cyclist40:

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4294 on: October 02, 2013, 08:33:11 am »
I now have permission to reproduce the pictures-- these are just 3 of many more.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4295 on: October 02, 2013, 08:42:14 am »
Certainly looks like permanent aerosol paint rather than 'chalk'. I hope the Organisers will be getting a bill for the removal of the graffiti, I don't see why the taxpayers should foot the bill.  &shake&

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4296 on: October 02, 2013, 09:36:25 am »
Could be those sprays that workmen use for marking out jobs to be done? Still looks a right mess though!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4297 on: October 02, 2013, 11:33:52 am »
I haven't driven around the Orme for a while but I did so yesterday but must admit that I didn't notice those markings, perhaps they have gone.
Apart from the Goats I did notice that the small cottage on the Marine Drive that was previously the Tom and Jerry pumping house is undergoing a massive extension project.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4298 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:43 pm »
The architect is very pleased he got that through, Hugo...

I'm pretty certain that's spray paint of some sort.  Certainly doesn't look like chalk...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4299 on: October 02, 2013, 12:32:30 pm »
He's a very lucky architect indeed but I'm sure that it'll be a lovely building when completed.

Are those markings still there Ian because if they are then I don't know how I've missed them?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4300 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:26 pm »
No idea, Hugo;  we're currently in Paris :-))

Offline hollins

« Reply #4301 on: October 02, 2013, 03:29:25 pm »
Right Ian, now it is your turn for a "room with a view" contribution!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4302 on: October 02, 2013, 05:00:11 pm »
Thought you might say that :-)))))))

Offline Dave

« Reply #4303 on: October 02, 2013, 06:13:31 pm »
They were there yesterday at around 4.30pm and as we have had some heavy rain it's not chalk and looks like spray paint to me for sure.
I presume Goat is a character who belongs to Rhos Cycling Club then ? Bet he's embarrassed if he is, at least I would hope he is.

Offline Kowalski

« Reply #4304 on: October 02, 2013, 08:30:38 pm »
This is precisely the reaction I was alluding to.

The paint on the road isn't the desecration of the cenotaph or dirtbikes destroying footpaths or a farmer destroying an ASSI with pesticide, it's not even a scumbag goat from the underclass eating prize winning flowers in a Church Walks garden, IT'S SOME PAINT ON A ROAD.

If this is the worst thing that Llandudno has to put up with at the moment then the town isn't doing so badly.