Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613294 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4245 on: September 19, 2013, 10:31:03 pm »
I was thinking the same thing , oh of course its mostyn est,s thats ok anyone else wouldn,t get away with that. 

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4246 on: September 20, 2013, 10:18:13 am »
Love the beach huts !!! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4247 on: September 20, 2013, 01:42:33 pm »
yes nemises they looked good i asked one of the guys if they,d bought some sand aswell  _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4248 on: September 20, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »
Had a nose inside the Tudno Castle Hotel this afternoon:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4249 on: September 20, 2013, 04:28:17 pm »

Looks very exciting - not!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4250 on: September 20, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »
I also took the opportunity to take a look inside the Tabernacl:

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4251 on: September 20, 2013, 04:35:04 pm »
                        Seeing those photos brought back some memories Dave. I had the reception for my first marriage in 1968 in the Tudno Castle (or North Western as it was known as then), and I remember the cost was 12/6d per head (62.5p nowadays) which included welcoming drinks, a three course meal and a room to get changed in after the reception prior to going away on honeymoon. Not very long afterwards the hotel changed hands, I was not surprised as it was a very good spread and excellent value for money, and no-one who was there could believe the proprietors at that time could have made anything at that price!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4252 on: September 20, 2013, 05:18:37 pm »

Looks great, we will be having a look tomorrow!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #4253 on: September 20, 2013, 10:06:08 pm »
A derelict building, the Castle Hotel......how did I know that it wouldn't be long before DaveR was exploring inside!
Seriously though it was really interesting to see inside there and the Tabernacle and super photos. Thanks.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4254 on: September 21, 2013, 09:56:42 am »
The open air showing of Jaws on the Prom last night was a great success, a big crowd present that really enjoyed the film. I was pleased to have a quick chat with Ian Turner too, such a great guy.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #4255 on: September 21, 2013, 10:04:22 am »
I believe Ian is most definitely an under-used asset by this town.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #4256 on: September 21, 2013, 11:16:12 am »
Taberbacl could easily be used as a small theatre for chamber concerts , one man shows etc, Just like in Edinburgh.

Offline Yelboh

« Reply #4257 on: September 22, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »
Had a lovely walk round town today.  Llawn arts festival seemed to be generating some real interest and even better some real atmosphere.  We braved the Tudno Castle and found it fascinating and sad at the same time that this once majestic building has been left to rot to such an extent.  Photos inside taken just days after it shut showed how bad the interior fabric of the building had got before it closed!  The little bathing huts on the promenade were fun and added real vibrancy.  All of this plus lovely weather and a sandwich lunch in the very pleasant st.georges hotel made me think that parts of Llandudno right now felt really good - lets just get those bits that don't sorted!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4258 on: September 22, 2013, 09:33:02 pm »
Had a lovely walk round town today.  Llawn arts festival seemed to be generating some real interest and even better some real atmosphere.  We braved the Tudno Castle and found it fascinating and sad at the same time that this once majestic building has been left to rot to such an extent.  Photos inside taken just days after it shut showed how bad the interior fabric of the building had got before it closed!  The little bathing huts on the promenade were fun and added real vibrancy.  All of this plus lovely weather and a sandwich lunch in the very pleasant st.georges hotel made me think that parts of Llandudno right now felt really good - lets just get those bits that don't sorted!
It was a great event; I really enjoyed it too. I was talking to Marc Rees, the Organiser, this afternoon, and it seems likely it can become an annual event.  $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4259 on: September 22, 2013, 10:33:52 pm »
We thought it was great too! PC permitting I'll try and get some pics up sometime!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas