Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612872 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3930 on: July 07, 2013, 08:49:17 am »
Nice to see Fester and the lads at the cable car getting the chance to make a few bucks in this weather,even seem to be a few more daytrip coaches in on a Saturday of late.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3931 on: July 07, 2013, 06:18:58 pm »
Looks like somebody made a booboo...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3932 on: July 07, 2013, 06:33:32 pm »
Seems that one has to check the LARGE PRINT now,  as well as the small!   ;D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #3933 on: July 07, 2013, 06:52:23 pm »
Seems that one has to check the LARGE PRINT now,  as well as the small!   ;D
I like that Yorkie  L0L

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #3934 on: July 07, 2013, 09:58:44 pm »
Interesting first line on the manufacturers website ...

Jancraft only produce and source products that meet our high standards for quality and value for money.

If they simply printed what was requested then someone local seems to need a spellcheck!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3935 on: July 09, 2013, 08:11:08 am »
I have been asked to post this. :o

My only comment is-- don't shoot the messenger !

Hi Janet

The comment below is in an e mail to your Council e mail and copied to others.

I’ll leave you to decide if the post on Three Towns Forum should be responded to or left to gather dust!

Lianne has discussed this with Kingdom officers, it is complete fabrication, and they would never issue a FPN under such circumstances. This same accusation has been made regarding Kingdom in Denbighshire and Blaenau Gwent apparently. It seems some people are trying to stir up trouble as we didn’t have enough!

Ken

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3936 on: July 09, 2013, 08:17:43 am »
Is this about the litter officers?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3937 on: July 09, 2013, 08:23:43 am »

Lianne has discussed this with Kingdom officers, it is complete fabrication, and they would never issue a FPN under such circumstances. This same accusation has been made regarding Kingdom in Denbighshire and Blaenau Gwent apparently. It seems some people are trying to stir up trouble as we didn’t have enough!
Ken

No such thing as NEVER!   Would appear that the Company policy is National, as is usually the case!    WWW  WWW  WWW WWW
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3938 on: July 09, 2013, 08:38:34 am »
Is this about the litter officers?
Good question. Who is Ken? Who is Janet? Who is Lianne?  ;)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3939 on: July 09, 2013, 10:57:02 am »
I really don't think it is up to me to divulge names, but the message to me was from a local councillor and was the reply that she had received after complaining about the alleged offence of the child and it's dummy.

The inference seems to be by the last sentence that we as a forum are stirring up trouble.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3940 on: July 09, 2013, 11:06:17 am »
Not sure it's aimed at us.  Fester says it was reported to him, by someone in whom he, presumably, has confidence.  But that person might not have witnessed the event itself and might only be reporting a rumour.

Only last week Dave and I were having a beer and a friend of mine told us what he had seen near Bog Island earlier.  Basically, a baby in a pushchair had inadvertently lost its dummy on the floor, and the parents did not immediately notice.But the CCBC enforcement officers did.... swooped, and slapped the parents with a £75 fine!    Those looking on were incensed, as I am right now just by thinking about it. The fine was administered nonetheless. 

However, there are two possible interpretations: the original witness was only reporting a rumour, and hadn't checked it out for himself, despite saying he'd 'witnessed' it.

The other possibility is that the person to whom N. posed her enquiry was misinformed. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3941 on: July 09, 2013, 11:37:31 am »
I didn't pose an enquiry to anyone-- the person concerned was informed of the debate on the subject on the forum and decided to make her own enquiry.

I was used as a 'go between' because in her words ' I don't do forums' and was requested to make the post on her behalf.

Strikes me these things get embroidered in the telling ! ;D --- back to the Arts and Crafts thread ! :twoface:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3942 on: July 09, 2013, 11:42:35 am »

However, there are two possible interpretations: the original witness was only reporting a rumour, and hadn't checked it out for himself, despite saying he'd 'witnessed' it.

The other possibility is that the person to whom N. posed her enquiry was misinformed. 

Or, indeed, the third possibility!  Namely, that, as usual, those accused close ranks and rush for the whitewash and brush, or try to sweep it under the carpet.  Have they EVER admitted being in the wrong about anything? . . . . . . . . . . .   Was that a deathly silence I heard?   
:rage:
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3943 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:20 am »
I suspect that option was covered under

But, in any case, the original 'witness' is a friend of Fester's, so it ought to be fairly straightforward to contact him and ascertain the truth of the matter.  If he did actually witness the event, then N has ammunition to return to her source and ask for further clarification.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3944 on: July 09, 2013, 12:02:41 pm »

Or, indeed, the third possibility!  Namely, that, as usual, those accused close ranks and rush for the whitewash and brush, or try to sweep it under the carpet.  Have they EVER admitted being in the wrong about anything? . . . . . . . . . . .   Was that a deathly silence I heard?   
:rage:

Same one that echoes around when any searching questions are posed !