Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613064 times)

Offline Linda

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3840 on: June 18, 2013, 12:51:19 pm »
Or worse !! ;D

_))* yes Llandudno  has a real loo problem. How on earth do all these visitors manage, up two escalators to Marks and Sparks 2 ladies toilets only. How many times i have had to que there. Or find a restaurant or pub and buy a drink or food seems to be the only way. I think though you are allowed in KFC without buying(an agreement with the council I believe).
  :laugh:and yes! Yorkie I should imagine many forgetting where they were going along the Prom we could provide transport to the loos at the Paddling pool  *cycle*

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #3841 on: June 18, 2013, 01:03:51 pm »
Apologies for hijacking the topic but there are plenty of establishments in Llandudno who will avail their facilities to visitors as a result of receiving an annual sum of £500 from the council.

However, finding where they all are is not easy because many of their window signs have faded.

I always feel sorry for the elderly visitors returning to the coach park on Mostyn Broadway at the end of their day out only to find the cafe and toilets shut.

Offline Nemesis

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3843 on: June 18, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »
Llandudno museum is looking nice.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3844 on: June 18, 2013, 08:29:05 pm »
Not sure who runs the friends of Craig-y -Don park but they can;t have much influence over the parks dept,the grass is a mess and very rarely cut.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3845 on: June 18, 2013, 09:08:51 pm »
Llandudno museum is looking nice.

I just passed and it is covered in scaffolding.  :o

BTW, cousin Diane has just messaged me to say she is coming up in November.

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #3846 on: June 18, 2013, 09:19:43 pm »
I am the Chairman of the Friends of Craig y Don park. I have been told the grass 'should' be cut later this week. I am not sure when it was last done, but it certainly has grown.

We have asked for an area to be left un-cut to allow wild flowers to grow. It did look really good with a path cut through (see photo). But I know it now looks a mess.

To be fair to the council, we had a couple of weeks without rain and nothing was growing. Then it rained and everything really took off.

We have a gardening squad who have worked very hard over recent months planting up new beds, clearing path edges and generally tidying the place. Some of it is work in progress and there are a few experiments (particularly the bog garden). I am confident it will look great when the grass does get cut.

Offline Linda

« Reply #3847 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:21 am »
Thats quite a list, that i didnt know of . Handy to look out then for signs  $good$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3848 on: June 19, 2013, 02:10:30 am »
Apologies for hijacking the topic but there are plenty of establishments in Llandudno who will avail their facilities to visitors as a result of receiving an annual sum of £500 from the council.

However, finding where they all are is not easy because many of their window signs have faded.

I always feel sorry for the elderly visitors returning to the coach park on Mostyn Broadway at the end of their day out only to find the cafe and toilets shut.

Why are they closed at those times Bri?
If I had a shop there, I would surely open when there was most people about?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3849 on: June 19, 2013, 08:22:28 am »
Fester, I think the cafe and toilets close around 5pm but, often, not all the coaches have left by that time.

Also, the coach park is often busy on a Sunday with day trippers but the cafe is not always open on Sundays.

Neither situation is ideal for an elderly day visitor.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3850 on: June 19, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »
I am the Chairman of the Friends of Craig y Don park. I have been told the grass 'should' be cut later this week. I am not sure when it was last done, but it certainly has grown.

We have asked for an area to be left un-cut to allow wild flowers to grow. It did look really good with a path cut through (see photo). But I know it now looks a mess.

To be fair to the council, we had a couple of weeks without rain and nothing was growing. Then it rained and everything really took off.

We have a gardening squad who have worked very hard over recent months planting up new beds, clearing path edges and generally tidying the place. Some of it is work in progress and there are a few experiments (particularly the bog garden). I am confident it will look great when the grass does get cut.

Andy

Is the lawn area across the road - next to the tennis courts - Private land or is it for public use?

Thanks

Offline andyCYD

« Reply #3851 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:48 pm »
Grass in Craig y Don park was cut this morning. Some bits have been left uncut on purpose for bio-diversity and to add interest.

Born2Run
I guess you are talking about the grass area used by the bowlers in the winter and the croquet club. I don't know who owns or maintains it.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3852 on: June 19, 2013, 01:48:32 pm »
The land is owned by CCBC and is supposed to be a crown green bowling green although it is often used for croquet during the summer months these days.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3853 on: June 19, 2013, 05:14:44 pm »
So if it's owned by CCBC it's for anyone to use?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3854 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:27 pm »
Andy i know your group is doing a fine job but there is no excuse for the place to be left for so long looking a mess,just keep on top of the parks dept,they need watching,bad management.