Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613662 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3735 on: May 10, 2013, 10:04:00 am »
Well said Ian..  $good$

I'm glad you penned your last sentence and not me, if I had written that people would have said 'Bit aggressive Fester'
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3736 on: May 10, 2013, 10:12:23 am »
Did they have to have a license to dump millions of tons of sand on Colwyn beach at a considerable cost,this license could be an excuse just to hold the whole thing up till 2015 or something.

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #3737 on: May 10, 2013, 10:16:07 am »
Nice to see the town all reasonably tidy this morning. Disappointing though that a whole pile of rubbish which had been put over the wall off Mostyn Street into the grounds of Holy Trinity Church, had not been moved.

That was down to the event co ordinator Gaynor Baker, Wrex,s side kick they are a good team. Wrex Called and Gaynor sorted it by calling Eddie Hall the council would not collect as it was on private land !! and if it was now put on street then extravaganza could be done for fly tipping. The cost of removal was payed for by the event so well done good PR   

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #3738 on: May 12, 2013, 10:43:46 pm »
Local newspaper prints lovely picture of all traction engines in paper under title transport festival steam parade Grrrrrrrrh makes me mad  the transport festival has nothing to do with the extravaganza, it is a completely separate event that charges to enter.
The steam attractions cost the extravaganza in the region of £20 thousand pound and we rely on local sponsorship and donations from visitor enjoying the event but when the paper keeps getting it wrong it makes our job hard as we cannot convince people we are not council run (they give us £3000 then charge us that for street cleaning and we don't provide food!!)
So to clear up any misunderstandings the event is run by unpaid volunteers, who give their time freely to put on this event which is funded by fairground rent, program sponsorship/ sales and public donations it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRANSPORT FESTIVAL AND IT IS NOT COUNCIL FUNDED/RUN
it is done by a FEW for the MANY to ENJOY   $walesflag$

Offline outlawowl

« Reply #3739 on: May 13, 2013, 01:46:38 pm »
Which local paper Mrs Flintstone...do you mean locally-based Pioneer or the corporately-owned Weekly News?

Offline mrsflintstone

« Reply #3740 on: May 13, 2013, 03:28:56 pm »
WEEKLY NEWS and that was after me explaining we were a separate event and not to use extravaganza photos next to the words transport festival. It would be good if they separated the features and talked about them on different pages  that may help to clear up any misconceptions people have of us being one event. I love the transport festival and we do compliment each other but as i say they charge we don' $thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3741 on: May 13, 2013, 04:24:53 pm »
A reminder that Abbey Road is currently closed for resurfacing.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3742 on: May 13, 2013, 05:45:35 pm »
Phew tell me about it !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3743 on: May 16, 2013, 01:02:43 pm »
Serious house fire in Victoria Ave, Craig Y Don, this morning, I'm told.  :(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3744 on: May 17, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »
Great news, Rally GB is coming back to Llandudno!  $good$

http://www.walesrallygb.com/news/1402.php#.UZZtqsu9KSM
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3745 on: May 19, 2013, 06:50:48 pm »
Right now where is Llandudno,we think the Clarence is on the cards,we have two empty units on Mostyn Champneys,lots of empty shops,no empty pubs but Broadway in trouble,Tudno Castle no moves,the town beach is being talked about but with the season upon us where is the work,forget pier pavilion,forget landing stage, so overall we are doing ok but not a lot in the pipeline. Z**

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3746 on: May 23, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »
Tonight, Circa 8pm, I was driving up the Gt Orme, and just passing Black Gate when I was astonished to see a VERY low flying aircraft overhead, travelling in the same direction as me.

It looked like a twin engine small jet aircraft, it was white... possibly an executive style Lear jet.

So low was it, that I could not believe that it cleared the roof of the large house which is near St Buenos, but it did.

Intrigued, instead of going home, I drove quickly up Killen's Hill to the summit, as I was concerned that the plane might be about to crash! But obviously there was nothing to see when I got up there.
Fester...

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3747 on: May 24, 2013, 12:08:42 am »
On the way home from the :Fat Cat: ?   Z**
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3748 on: May 24, 2013, 12:21:44 am »
On the way home from the :Fat Cat: ?   Z**

Cheeky!
Fester...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3749 on: May 24, 2013, 08:26:59 am »
I saw it as well-- it was very low indeed.

Abbey Road is finally finished-- a week late !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.