Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2611775 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3675 on: April 25, 2013, 08:34:38 am »
Yes another 'noisy night'. I just pity the hoteliers near it---- I can just imagine the complaints that they will be getting !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3676 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:52 am »
I noticed that the proof reader for the temporary signs must be on holiday:  :laugh:

Be thankful, DaveR, they didn't attempt to make it bilingual.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3677 on: April 25, 2013, 11:22:47 am »
 _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3678 on: April 28, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »
I went into Llandudno earlier intending to call into the Tourist Information Office in the Library Building.

Guess what?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3679 on: April 28, 2013, 03:52:41 pm »
what else should we expect loads of visitors looking at the cars on the prom ,city folks having a w/end away, a few asking where the nearest toilets were why they cant put them porto loos they could locate them by the bandstand [central]. :rage:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3680 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
   The tourist info in Llandudno being closed on a Sunday.

Well firstly, Sunday would probably be the maximum day for visitors having questions. After all the bulk of them arrive on Saturday so Sunday is the day they start to look around.

I have always been told (by various semi official people) that the reason for this is that the TIC is situated in the Library building. The library is shut, therefore the whole building is shut.

What I fail to understand is if that is so, how come the TIC was open for the very extended period of time that the library was refurbished?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3681 on: April 28, 2013, 09:13:11 pm »
Fortunately, Mike, I remembered there is a tourist information leaflet stand just inside the back doors of Wetherspoons and sure enough I found what I was looking for. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3682 on: April 28, 2013, 09:22:47 pm »
Councillor threatened to take pub's licence if they didn't let her in after hours
26 Apr 2013 07:49

A POLITICIAN who tried to get into a pub out of hours by saying she was a town councillor brought her public office into disrepute, a watchdog has found.

But when staff said they didn’t want to lose their licence and refused her, she sent out abusive e-mails – including one to First Minister Carwyn Jones – the Public Services Ombudsman found in an investigation.

Publican Gareth Davies, of The Town House in Llandudno, made a complaint about the actions of Llandudno town councillor Angie O’Grady – and Ombudsman Peter Tyndall investigated and upheld the complaint. He has sent his report to Conwy Council’s standards committee to consider on Tuesday.

The dispute came when Cllr O’Grady went on with a friend to the Town House on Mostyn Street at 11.55pm after an evening playing bingo

The Ombudsman said that publican Gareth Davies claims that she tried to gain entry after hours “by saying she was a town councillor”.

The Ombudsman said Mr Davies claimed that when she was refused she threatened to have the licence removed as she claimed to sit on the licensing committee. She also “became abusive and made threats concerning his licence and his business”, Mr Davies alleged. She is said to have called Gareth Davies “a little bully”, and a “pathetic little man”.

She then “circulated unfounded written allegations about his behaviour to other town councillors and senior elected members which were investigated by Conwy County Council”.

Recipients were Cllr Phillip Evans, Cllr Jobi Hold and First Minister Carwyn Jones AM. In her email, she wrote there had been an “antagonised attempt to force me from the Town House pub”. It was claimed she added: “The guy on the door who I later found out to be the owner/publican got quite agitated with me and said he did not want to lose his licence. I explained that was fine.”

Cllr O’Grady disputed the facts of the case and said someone grabbed her by the coat. But the Ombudsman found her actions outside the pub on November 27 2011, and in the subsequent e-mails, breached councillors’ code of conduct.

He wrote: “On balance, I think it more likely than not that Cllr O’Grady did try to use her position to gain entry to Mr Davies’ premises, thereby attempting to gain an advantage for herself.”

The Ombudsman also found it “imprudent” that she sent e-mails to other members at 1.28am after she had admittedly been drinking alcohol.

He added: “It seems that if the main purpose of her e-mail was to seek emotional support, as she has suggested, then her family and friends would have been better placed to provide it, not the county council Cabinet Member or the First Minister.” Cllr O’Grady had used the words “assault” and “intimidation” but that was inappropriate.

Yesterday publican Mr Davies said: “I am satisfied with the result. She abused her authority. It was the threats that were made that we would lose our licence which were unacceptable.”

Cllr O’Grady, who was re-elected in May 2012, was unavailable to comment.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-town-councillor-brought-public-3156346#.UXwNaKmE3TI.twitter

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3683 on: April 28, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »
In her email, she wrote there had been an “antagonised attempt to force me from the Town House pub”.

Personally, there would need to be an 'antagonised attempt' to get me into the Town House...  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3684 on: April 28, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »
 _))*. Shocking behaviour from one who should know better!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3685 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:54 pm »
....and my contempt for politicians intensifies even more , (if you can call a tin-pot Councillor a politician)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3686 on: May 02, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »
in the nwwn today ,cllr lyons saying how tired and un down the town looks , please tell me HOW long has she been on the gravy train,bless her the town has looked run down for years  :rage:    _))*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3687 on: May 02, 2013, 05:25:47 pm »
Someone who doesn't love Llandudno. Graffiti on the former Ethel Austin shop:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3688 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:21 pm »
in the nwwn today ,cllr lyons saying how tired and un down the town looks , please tell me HOW long has she been on the gravy train,bless her the town has looked run down for years  :rage:    _))*
That's true but her points are very valid. Freeing up more car parking spaces, fixing the large sections of cracked/broken paving and installing more flower beds are all good ideas..but let's see some action instead of just endless talking in committees.

Incidentally, speaking of paving, I see that the paving stones along Mostyn Street are getting a gradual power washing, done early in the morning. They look a lot cleaner but it a does emphasis how many are cracked.  :(

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3689 on: May 02, 2013, 09:27:19 pm »
yes dave her points are valid ,but she has been a councillor for years so its a bit late for her to spout off now