Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613933 times)

Michael W and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3630 on: April 11, 2013, 12:47:44 pm »
Thanks Dave
The basement flat at that address is currently for sale

Any purchaser will be running the risk of having to replace the plastic doors and windows then ?

Quite probably, a friend has just lost her sale due to additions etc without permission.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3631 on: April 11, 2013, 12:51:44 pm »
I drove up the Great Orme on Monday afternoon and as I was driving up Ty Gwyn Road I saw a Policeman getting two scruffy looking people out from near the cave that is fenced off.
It was opposite that place where I had a run in with one of Llandudno's well known undesirables some time ago.

It was none other than Mr R.Wyn Davis, yet again.... plus another reprobate that I had never seen before.

A couple of them were lurking in the car park, behind some flats on Saturday night near us. Trouble was , they were so p****d that they were making a heck of a racket. No chance of a quiet kip there !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3632 on: April 11, 2013, 01:11:21 pm »
Thanks Dave
The basement flat at that address is currently for sale

Any purchaser will be running the risk of having to replace the plastic doors and windows then ?
It's possible. I'm hoping that CCBC will be fair with those people that have had upvc windows installed for a number of years and allow them to keep them until replacement is necessary.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3633 on: April 11, 2013, 02:11:46 pm »
I drove up the Great Orme on Monday afternoon and as I was driving up Ty Gwyn Road I saw a Policeman getting two scruffy looking people out from near the cave that is fenced off.
It was opposite that place where I had a run in with one of Llandudno's well known undesirables some time ago.

It was none other than Mr R.Wyn Davis, yet again.... plus another reprobate that I had never seen before.

Thanks Fester,  I thought his face was familiar and they both looked the worse for wear.   It seems that  Davis is his own worst enemy and appears beyond any help.   

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3634 on: April 11, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »
Is there an Airrshow planned for May,not seen owt but have heard its been penciled on a airshow forum somewhere.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3635 on: April 11, 2013, 02:56:41 pm »

Thanks Fester,  I thought his face was familiar and they both looked the worse for wear.   It seems that  Davis is his own worst enemy and appears beyond any help.
He can be very pleasant when sober, and very nasty when drunk. It's sad to see.  :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3636 on: April 13, 2013, 06:53:16 pm »
I saw this large house under construction on Llys Helig Drive when we walked around the Orme this morning. Looks very nice, I see Anwyl are building it.  ;)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3637 on: April 14, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »
I don't know if anyone else has had the phenomenon, but there is an optical illusion.  If you look at the picture for a while the roofs of the building appear flat, and what are the sloping roofs, appear to be vertical and surrounding the flat roofs.   Most peculiar.   :)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #3638 on: April 14, 2013, 12:47:03 pm »
mmm see what you mean--but only the ones nearest the photographer !

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3639 on: April 17, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »
As you know i will rip CCBC to pieces,im not happy with the so called sandless town beach and as for the empty Arena in venue Cymru ,don;t get me started but i will give the parks dept some praise,this year they seem to have the grass cutting down to perfection,please keep it up.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3640 on: April 17, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »
they seem to have the grass cutting down to perfection,please keep it up

Or down, perhaps?

_))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3641 on: April 17, 2013, 04:59:03 pm »
The grass hasn't had a chance to start growing yet!     :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3642 on: April 17, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »
As you know i will rip CCBC to pieces,im not happy with the so called sandless town beach and as for the empty Arena in venue Cymru ,don;t get me started but i will give the parks dept some praise,this year they seem to have the grass cutting down to perfection,please keep it up.
There was a gardener carefully cutting the edges of all the Prom lawns yesterday, looked very tidy after he had finished.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3643 on: April 17, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »
Of course, there had to be somebody silly enough to be out in the bad weather, and it turned out to be me.  :laugh:

The sand at West Shore was blowing down Abbey Road as far as the junction with Church Walks!

Offline FatAndy

« Reply #3644 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:32 pm »
Is there an Airrshow planned for May,not seen owt but have heard its been penciled on a airshow forum somewhere.

There's a front page story in the NWWN today about the airshow.  It's planned for the Spring Bank Holiday weekend and will feature the Spitfire & Hurricance from the Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight, the Falcons parachute team and air-sea rescue display featuring an RAF Sea King and the RNLI.  It seems a bit late to be announcing it as I'd guess a lot of people who might have been interested will already have booked to go elsewhere but no doubt it will pull in a lot of daytrippers.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

Emo Philips