Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2647673 times)

Ian and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »
I could'nt agree more about the outward appearance of this store. What a difference to the endless bookclearance type of shop, with dayglow paper ( peeling at the edges)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »
Just walked up Mostyn Street and wished I hadnt - weather is horrendous! Have gone to dry out in Waterstones coffee shop.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2010, 04:40:12 pm »
Had cause to go to Southport today and just got back. If it's any consolation it's much the same there.

We hadn't been there for years and it was only the second time we had ever been through the Wallasey (Mersey) tunnel - we've led a very sheltered life!!

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2010, 05:57:55 pm »
I took the car in for its MOT at 9.00am and after having a coffee morning followed by a nice meal at the Orient Express I braved the rain and walked up Builder Street only to be told that the car wouldn't be ready until 4.00pm.   :(
On my way back to town I passed Kwik Fit and a notice there said that the MOT's there only cost £35.00   :'(
I thought that I'd pass some of the time in the Library but when I got there the place was closed.
 I eventually ended up in the Conwy Archives where it was nice and warm and dried off until I received the phone call to pick up the car and then got another soaking in Builder Street  walking against the wind and rain.
At least the car passed its MOT thank goodness.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »
If it is any consolation the weather in Yorkshire was horrendous too. I was so wet that I almost steamed on the train home.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2010, 03:43:24 pm »
Another very wet and windy day in town, shops and cafes all very quiet.

Yorkie

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:16 pm »
Pedro's Cafe 101 was a hive of activity between 3 and 4 this afternoon.  The place gets better every time we go there.    Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »
I see in the Weekly News that a new business will be opening in St George's Place on Saturday:

Petticoat Lane will be a decorative living and gift shop stocking decorative items, jewellery, accessories, toiletries, children's gifts, cards and gift wrap.

Also:

The former One Stop shop on Bryniau Road on the town’s West Shore is also being transformed into a shop selling disabled equipment.

Offline TELL

« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »
I never thought that I would say it, but "well done the council", they have actually posted some news about the firework display on their website! (it's on).

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2010, 02:29:08 pm »
They would have done better to post it one here at least some people will see it.

Online Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:05 pm »
I doubt they 'officially' acknowledge our existence.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »
 :)   I have never seen Mostyn Champneys so busy,most car park spaces taken,this is why no body will do anything to improve the town xmas lights because they see the town so busy so they say there is no need,lets have some PRIDE[not gay]. :-*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2010, 03:06:20 pm »
In town today, I saw two lots of CCBC cherrypickers replacing dead bulbs on the Prom decorative lighting and about 6 gardeners planting out bedding plants on the Carlton roundabout. My questions are...why does this work need to be done on a Sunday and do the Staff receive extra pay?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »
Hello Dave, I don't know about the lights but I think there is some percentage wage advantage in working for cbc on a Sunday. Actually,I would add,in my view, quite right too. But as to the flower bed in the Carlton roundabout, I'm on the Councils side here. Any work on an island such as this is going to create bad delays to traffic, and Sunday is, generally speaking, likely to see less essential (delivery vehicles, 10 min buses etc) traffic. Maybe more weekend visitors, but they have more time on their hands.  Mike  P.S.Yet again I seem to be arguing against a Moderator. I only hope I wont be marked down as an ackward bu----- and thrown out!!!!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »
Throw him out !!
Now that the weather for Golf has gone, this man has too too much time on his hands...and is obviously bent on causing trouble.

Agreeing with CCBC and disagreeing with the Mighty Moderators is tantamount to anarchy ....

Now, lets get back to model railways and counting Eddie Stobart trucks.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -