Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613915 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3000 on: October 06, 2012, 12:30:24 am »
OMG thats all this town needs at the moment,only nite spot closed due to building regs
Better than having people dying, I'd have thought, Wrex?! The whole of the Boulevard building is in a poor state, lot of work is needed.
The whole of the area under the canopy has now been cordoned off.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3001 on: October 06, 2012, 12:31:14 am »
           Just walked past JJB Sports outlet on Champneys ("Closing down sale, everything must go, 50% off marked prices etc.") and it looked like a war zone in there, with stock and shoppers everywhere. I spoke to a member of staff and she said that she had been drafted in from Shirebrook, Derbyshire to help out here, along with others. She told me that they are getting in more stock every day to replace what is shifted, and the store will be re-opening as Sports Direct when everything is sorted out.

Yes, the whole JJB/Sports Direct business is in a massive state of flux.
Following the administration of JJB it was quickly decided to funnel the stock from 120 JJB stores into the remaining 20 which will stay open and re-named Sports Direct.
My wife has the task this coming week, of organising three trucks per day to take stock from each of the 120 JJB stores, and deliver it to the 20 Sports Direct shops. That's 360 loads.    A lot of cheap stock will be on offer for some time to come!
Great way to kill your medium term business....  &shake&

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3002 on: October 06, 2012, 12:33:06 am »
They were all out in force in Llandudno today...besides Johnny Pondo dancing round the bollards by Bog Island, there was man with a beard, dressed as Wonder Woman pushing a toy gorilla in a pram, dancing to the Scissor Sisters. Photo courtesy of H from Steps, who took it! Perhaps its Goronwy Edwards out canvassing?
The guy dressed as Wonderwoman yesterday was wandering around town dressed as a Prussian(?) General today and was busy having a conversation with the stuffed monkey.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:22:45 am by DaveR »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3003 on: October 06, 2012, 07:40:18 am »
What is it about this town that attracts so many nutters.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3004 on: October 06, 2012, 07:41:24 am »
Wonderwoman will be on the town council before long.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3005 on: October 06, 2012, 08:31:57 am »
Another pic (from Facebook):

Offline Paddy

« Reply #3006 on: October 06, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »
This guy must have a "story".  Is there a reason why he's doing this?  Has anyone spoken to him?  Where does he get his costumes from?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3007 on: October 06, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »
He was wearing another dress this afternoon PS Llandudno had a good away win in the Welsh cup at Porthmadoc

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3008 on: October 06, 2012, 05:16:24 pm »
This guy must have a "story".  Is there a reason why he's doing this?  Has anyone spoken to him?  Where does he get his costumes from?

1)  Advance publicity to get everyone curios - I cannot say more!    Z**

2)  His employer.    ;)

3)  Or is he just making a monkey out of us all?   ?{}?
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3009 on: October 07, 2012, 12:17:33 am »
I note that the eccentric gentleman is today wearing a 19th Century Hussar cavalry tunic.  (a la Zulu and Rourke's drift)
He is also sporting an entirely incongruous Roman centurion's battle helmet.

Whereas the monkey is appropriately bedecked in a very small sized Chelsea Pensioners full-length military frock-coat.
His owner has tried to pass him off as been similarly attired to himself, but the eagle-eyed amongst you will soon detect the flaw in his plan.

This tells me that the monkey has access to a much wider range of costume than his owner.  ?{}?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3010 on: October 07, 2012, 06:41:35 am »
But the monkey has no helmet!  :o. (A sentence that I never thought I would say a few days ago!  _))* )
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3011 on: October 07, 2012, 08:25:13 am »
Sounds like a 'Disaster' in the making, to me...  ;)

Offline Tosh

« Reply #3012 on: October 07, 2012, 05:48:22 pm »
Just been having chat with a fellow forum member at the Rest and Be Thankful and we saw the Isle of Man.
We agreed that it is a very clear day but neither of us have seen it from that level before, it's usually on the summit that it is visible.
The wife and I both agree that it was nice meeting you both.
Tosh       :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3013 on: October 07, 2012, 05:50:31 pm »
There was a great view of the Isle of Man earlier from the Rest and be Thankful cafe, I tried taking some pics, but they were not clear enough to bother posting. I've never seen it that well before! Nice to meet a member of the forum too, Hi, Tosh and Mrs Tosh, a very pleasant chat!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3014 on: October 07, 2012, 08:42:34 pm »
Just been having chat with a fellow forum member at the Rest and Be Thankful and we saw the Isle of Man.
We agreed that it is a very clear day but neither of us have seen it from that level before, it's usually on the summit that it is visible.
The wife and I both agree that it was nice meeting you both.
Tosh       :)

Another conspiracy?? They have either moved the Isle of Man, (or perhaps The Great Orme).... and not told us! 
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -