Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614074 times)

Offline 1_rob_1

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2985 on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:28 pm »
The clock may be there now, - - -  but it will be going back on the 28th      ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2986 on: October 04, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »
They were all out in force in Llandudno today...besides Johnny Pondo dancing round the bollards by Bog Island, there was man with a beard, dressed as Wonder Woman pushing a toy gorilla in a pram, dancing to the Scissor Sisters. Photo courtesy of H from Steps, who took it! Perhaps its Goronwy Edwards out canvassing?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2987 on: October 04, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »
 _))* I like the title of the picture in the bottom left hand corner!  L0L. Was he doing it for a bet??
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2988 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:55 pm »
_))* I like the title of the picture in the bottom left hand corner!  L0L. Was he doing it for a bet??
I don't believe so.  :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2989 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03:28 pm »
I was walking past Broadway Boulevard nightclub this afternoon, when I noticed that some large pieces of masonry had collapsed from the facade above. They were certainly of sufficient size to have killed anyone walking underneath. I'd advise everyone not to walk too close to the building, particularly if there is heavy rain or high winds.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2990 on: October 04, 2012, 09:57:09 pm »
OMG thats all this town needs at the moment,only nite spot closed due to building regs

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2991 on: October 04, 2012, 10:42:14 pm »
I think the floral clock may be running slow when I just passed by in the car.  &shake&

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2992 on: October 04, 2012, 11:49:39 pm »
Interesting pictures today Dave.
Firstly, I think that the 'Nutter' is great, and I hear that behaves more ridiculously each day.
I was going to advocate that we have a dedicated 'Nutters of Llandudno' thread, but I realise that it is only a matter of time before I appear on it myself.

Secondly, I notice on the Broadway picture that all the shadows are perfectly parallel, just as they should be.
Unlike all the pictures on the Apollo 11 lunar landings?  Very strange..  :laugh:

Also, I see you blame MASON-ry for the problems outside the Broadway.  Yet another conspiracy do you think?  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2993 on: October 05, 2012, 08:57:41 am »
Secondly, I notice on the Broadway picture that all the shadows are perfectly parallel, just as they should be.
Unlike all the pictures on the Apollo 11 lunar landings?  Very strange..  :laugh:
Strange? Not really...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/07/photogalleries/apollo-11-hoax-pictures/photo5.html

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2994 on: October 05, 2012, 09:41:18 am »
OMG thats all this town needs at the moment,only nite spot closed due to building regs
Better than having people dying, I'd have thought, Wrex?! The whole of the Boulevard building is in a poor state, lot of work is needed.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2995 on: October 05, 2012, 10:40:16 am »
           Just walked past JJB Sports outlet on Champneys ("Closing down sale, everything must go, 50% off marked prices etc.") and it looked like a war zone in there, with stock and shoppers everywhere. I spoke to a member of staff and she said that she had been drafted in from Shirebrook, Derbyshire to help out here, along with others. She told me that they are getting in more stock every day to replace what is shifted, and the store will be re-opening as Sports Direct when everything is sorted out.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2996 on: October 05, 2012, 01:52:59 pm »
I think the floral clock may be running slow when I just passed by in the car.  &shake&

Yup, sadly it is 23 minutes slow.

Offline Gaylord Screwsby

« Reply #2997 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:34 pm »
           Just walked past JJB Sports outlet on Champneys ("Closing down sale, everything must go, 50% off marked prices etc.") and it looked like a war zone in there, with stock and shoppers everywhere. I spoke to a member of staff and she said that she had been drafted in from Shirebrook, Derbyshire to help out here, along with others. She told me that they are getting in more stock every day to replace what is shifted, and the store will be re-opening as Sports Direct when everything is sorted out.

I visited the store in Rochdale today and the situation was similar. A friend queued for three hours to pay. Crazy.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #2998 on: October 05, 2012, 07:58:30 pm »
Perhaps and this is a long shot,,,,,,, the clock is programmed to lose the hour automatically, bit by bit or minute by minute, so they don't have to do it all at once on the 28th.
See, you lot didn't think of that did you?
Simples.
 D)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2999 on: October 05, 2012, 11:08:18 pm »

Yes, the whole JJB/Sports Direct business is in a massive state of flux.
Following the administration of JJB it was quickly decided to funnel the stock from 120 JJB stores into the remaining 20 which will stay open and re-named Sports Direct.
My wife has the task this coming week, of organising three trucks per day to take stock from each of the 120 JJB stores, and deliver it to the 20 Sports Direct shops. That's 360 loads.    A lot of cheap stock will be on offer for some time to come!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -