Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612961 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2730 on: August 08, 2012, 06:16:46 pm »
I don't listen to Tudno FM that often but one show always worth a listen is Andrew Stuart, who has the 10-12pm slot on a Thursday night. Well worth a listen.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2731 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:30 pm »
A foggy evening in Llandudno. I, erm, just happened to be outside the Fat Cat and snapped this photo:

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2732 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »
could be the same time as blodyn was snapping It from above?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2733 on: August 08, 2012, 10:54:07 pm »
Two of our local lady members are both upset by M and S redesigning their Llandudno store. And I am the last to disagree with them. Apart from anything else I hardly ever go in any of their stores.
   But, in fairness to M and S, I think I should just mention a couple of facts.  I am guessing here but I imagine that M and S have a full time team of sub contractors covering the whole of the country with refurbishments. So, some store has to be done in the peak summer weeks. I find it inconcievable that M and S will not have considered the fact that Llandudno is a summer seasonal town before they decided to go ahead. They havent got to the retail position they occupy by not noticing things like that. Its just that the summer footfall is
greater in, shall I say, Chester. 
  Now to something factual, something I have seen with my own eyes every evening for the last three weeks.  At around 7.15 every evening there are anything up to twenty assorted white vans with all sorts of names on them parked outside M and S. And anything up to 30/40 high visability coated, safety helmeted, goggled etc subbies waiting outside to start their hard days night.
  I suppose the only alternative would have been to close the store down completly.  Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2734 on: August 08, 2012, 11:30:18 pm »
A number of those vans have the phrase 'asbestos removal' on their signage....  ;)

Offline Ian48

« Reply #2735 on: August 09, 2012, 05:00:52 am »
I do feel that M&S seem to be damned both ways. Many people have commented how tired the store was looking (both on this site and elsewhere), but when they do something about it, it's an inconvenience. I don't think you can make an omelette without breaking eggs most of the time and this is a case in point. The overriding concern for M&S, I imagine, is to get this done in time for the Christmas rush and if it causes a bit of mayhem then that's a price they see worth paying. At least it means that we get a top-notch new store quicker and in time for the busiest time of year.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #2736 on: August 09, 2012, 11:16:06 am »
could be the same time as blodyn was snapping It from above?

Looks about the same time, Snowcap.  The view was much nicer from above the cloud, on top of the Great Orme

Offline nwpo

« Reply #2737 on: August 09, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
Didn't Bodafon Farm get planning permission to build a golf driving range? 

Aren't they starting on the new Gogarth School some time soon also?

I believe the owner of Bonkerz, Club 147 and The Gresham (and pro at North Wales Golf Club) has a lease for the driving range so I'd imagine they've finally got around to building it.

I'm sure a Golf driving range will be an excellent facility for the town.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2738 on: August 09, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »
as long as it doesn't pinch mikes customers

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2739 on: August 10, 2012, 01:23:29 am »
Didn't Bodafon Farm get planning permission to build a golf driving range? 

Aren't they starting on the new Gogarth School some time soon also?

I believe the owner of Bonkerz, Club 147 and The Gresham (and pro at North Wales Golf Club) has a lease for the driving range so I'd imagine they've finally got around to building it.

I'm sure a Golf driving range will be an excellent facility for the town.

Well, I'll certainly be giving it a whirl.

There is no better feeling than getting a bucket of 100 golf balls and smacking them (hopefully) with a 1 wood or suchlike over 200 yards or so.
No disrespect to Mike's course, where you can hone your skills on the short game...or putting, but honestly, I can't wait! :golf: :golf:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2740 on: August 10, 2012, 08:15:36 am »
You'll be waiting a while! The work is the building of a construction compound for the rebuilding of Ysgol Y Gogarth.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2741 on: August 10, 2012, 09:26:55 am »
Such a beautiful day yesterday and good to see the town so busy, the Prom & Beach were the busiest I've seen it so far this year:

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2742 on: August 10, 2012, 09:34:03 am »
Very nice, DaveR.

What a pity the copy you tweeted to the Daily Post yesterday has been published today as only 4cm x 2.5cm !!!  :o

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2743 on: August 10, 2012, 09:43:41 am »
It was only an iPhone shot, so maybe not good enough to publish in a larger size. I hope they spelt my name properly!

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #2744 on: August 10, 2012, 09:45:17 am »
Yup.  D)