Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612485 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2625 on: July 11, 2012, 08:57:43 pm »
Someone at CCBC has certainly moved into 'ass kicking mode', as there were gardeners all over town again today, working at North Western Gardens, Promenade Gardens and Carlton roundabout. About time as well!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2626 on: July 11, 2012, 10:46:35 pm »
So the little garden in Gyffin will still have to await attention then!  Gyffin is on the outskirts of Conwy BTW in case CCBC have forgotten.

Blodyn might well be pleased as there is a lovely crop of clover which the bees are obviously finding attractive.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2627 on: July 12, 2012, 08:37:48 am »
The Council Gardeners were out in force yesterday along the Prom and working on various roundabouts. Have Wrex's moanings done the trick?

More like the Britain in Bloom Judges are about to descend on the Town and 12 months work has to be condensed into a couple of days so that they are suitably impressed!   The Town doesn't deserve to win a bucket full of horse sh**e manure let alone a National accolade.   :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2628 on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:36 am »
Well as i thought Scarborough parks dept seem to look after their parks,even saw a councillor worker weeding on a Saturday.My overall view of Scar borough is that although it looks like Blackpool  and they have not looked after their builing(conservation wise) it does have a good selection of shops,the beach was fantastic and although we did not get there till 12 you could see where the beach had been dragged and the place was very busy.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2629 on: July 15, 2012, 04:51:49 pm »
Having just taken a walk down the prom i was expecting to see big changes after Cll Janet Howarth big piece in the local press over two weeka agowell i must be honest apart from the grass getting cut the beach looks worse now than when she started her clean Llandudno North beach campaign,i just can;t believe we had CCBC,David Williams,harbour master all in attendance over two weeks ago and nothing has been done,what a waste of time and money.

Offline Ian48

« Reply #2630 on: July 16, 2012, 09:06:44 am »
Funnily enough, the subject of Scarborough came up the other day with a couple of colleagues of mine, who both happen to be from Yorkshire.

I mentioned that I had never been there, but imagined it must be rather like Llandudno (i.e. a traditional Victorian seaside resort). They looked at me like I was crazy and said that it was basically a mix of Rhyl and Colwyn Bay and that Llandudno was a thousand times nicer. One of them also said that it wasn't so much the the town itself (as bad as it was), but that it's notorious for the people it attracts (apparently it's known across Yorkshire for the same kind of people who go to Rhyl round here).

I don't know as I've never been but they were two people, independent of one another, who agreed on it.

I guess nowhere's perfect, but Llandudno could be a lot worse!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2631 on: July 16, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »
What Scarborough did have was a beautiful beach,cleaned everyday and well looked after,why CCBC cannot keep a small beach like the town beach is beyond me,there is noway the beach should be as scruffy and dirty as ours,for godsake somebody in authority has to have some pride in Llandudno.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2632 on: July 16, 2012, 12:54:43 pm »
The beach in Rhos by the breakwater seems to get cleaned/raked by a machine every week.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2633 on: July 16, 2012, 05:55:14 pm »
Dave you are such a bad lad

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2634 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:18 pm »
Got a photo of it for you as well, Wrex:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2635 on: July 16, 2012, 06:44:18 pm »
The beach in Rhos by the breakwater seems to get cleaned/raked by a machine every week.

What we want is a bit of the "Rake's Progress" towards Llandudno!    L0L
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2636 on: July 16, 2012, 09:19:45 pm »
Rumour has it that this was Wrex staging his one man protest at Venue Cymru about the state of the beach...

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2637 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:17 pm »
nice one Dave lol

Offline Ian48

« Reply #2638 on: July 17, 2012, 06:41:42 am »
Just seen the census population figures and they're quite interesting.

Conwy is the fastest growing county in North Wales, with a population increase of 5% (or 5,500 people) over the last 10 years. Surprisingly Denbighshire only grew by 600 people (perhaps due to undercounting or maybe those large developments on the outskirts of Rhyl and Prestatyn are being offset by declining populations in those parts of Rhyl that are being redeveloped).

Anyway, I suppose that this will mean that the Council might be forced to go for the higher housing number in the local plan. It's clear people want to live here, so I guess we have to face that. Certainly, I don't think we can't bury our heads in the sand and say we aren't developing anywhere at all as some councillors seem to think is possible.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #2639 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:47 am »
This is what the blogger Jac o' the North has to say about the situation in the County of Conwy

http://jacothenorth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/census-2011.html