Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615068 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2565 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:35 am »
Vandalism is actually pretty rare in Happy Valley, especially when considering the lack of lighting/cctv up there. The cafe/cable car/camera obscura all seem to operate without too many problems.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2566 on: July 01, 2012, 08:57:20 am »
Isn't there a putting green at that location or has it been consigned to the history books?

Yes the green is still there I walked along the edge of it a couple of days ago, but I haven't seehn it in operation this season--Yet.
I am surprised that the reading chair has remained intact for as long as it has, it looked somewhat vulnerable to me.
Talking of fencing --what is the second lot of fenced area near the cenotaph and the new "Pocket Watch" going to be used for? anyone know?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2567 on: July 01, 2012, 09:28:39 am »
Its CCBC new ploy,fence all grassed areas off then they don;t have too cut the grass once a fortnight.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2568 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:00 am »
Some flower beds outside CCBC prestigeous Venue Cymru have been left empty except for weeds,im not sure if the management have bothered to report this to the parks dept or wether the parks dept have forgotten too put flowers in the beds but what ever has happened its a bloody mess,they had some BT thing going on there last week so i don;t know how many visitors have seen this and gone home telling everybody what a wonderfully kept place Llandudno is.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2569 on: July 01, 2012, 02:01:30 pm »
What about a protest to coincide with the civic Sunday parade at the cenotaph,the state of the beach by the cenotaph is a disgrace for a major seaside resort and to think the town councillors will be stood yards from the mess celebrating themselves,if we had banners in the back ground bringing too their attention about the filth behind them,what do you think ,action for once.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2570 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:28 pm »
I'm with you on this.   It is time for action, civic Sunday costs a small fortune as it is and the lavish lunch complete with lashings of wine should be discontinued.  Or the Councillors should pay for it themselves.

Get organising Wrex or shall we have a War Cabinet Meeting to discuss tactics first?  >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2571 on: July 01, 2012, 04:40:25 pm »
We should either protest or have a beach clean up at the same time the councillors are standing at the cenotaph,why should they get away with ignoring problems about their town,when is Civic Sunday.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2572 on: July 01, 2012, 04:54:36 pm »
Isn't there a putting green at that location or has it been consigned to the history books?

Yes the green is still there I walked along the edge of it a couple of days ago, but I haven't seehn it in operation this season--Yet.
I am surprised that the reading chair has remained intact for as long as it has, it looked somewhat vulnerable to me.
Talking of fencing --what is the second lot of fenced area near the cenotaph and the new "Pocket Watch" going to be used for? anyone know?
The good news is that the Alice Chair has not been vandalised, it just needs a bit of work that was not carried out when it was first installed.

The Pocket Watch is going to be a Floral Clock, like the one that was in Haulfre gardens many years ago.

The second fenced off area - I see a power supply is being installed - I will make enquiries!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2573 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:23 pm »
A very good and interested crowd this afternoon on the prom to view the prize giving of the Gott and Winn Classic Car Rally. Some great cars there too.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2574 on: July 01, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »
A very good and interested crowd this afternoon on the prom to view the prize giving of the Gott and Winn Classic Car Rally. Some great cars there too.

I didn't have time to see it, did you get any pictures at all?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2575 on: July 01, 2012, 07:58:48 pm »

I didn't have time to see it

D'oh! I was looking forward to you posting a few pics as usual.  :(
Valar Morghulis

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2576 on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »
Will these do?
The quality isn't brill,I have bought a new camera and I think I should have had my specs with me to set it properly ! ;D

The first one is a newer model than ours (Rover) and the second one is older. The Yellow 'beast' is a Model A Ford and the maroon one a Ford Prefect

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2577 on: July 01, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »
Sorry SDQ, we were busy building an aviary!

Nemesis, thanks, at least I can see some of the cars!  $cool$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2578 on: July 01, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »
nice photos Nem. last one made me smile,  notice the attire of the 3 blokes, so much for flaming June.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2579 on: July 01, 2012, 09:59:12 pm »
ok i know its July.