Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612471 times)

Offline Craigydonian

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2505 on: June 15, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »
Weekly News article on Alice Trail: http://tinyurl.com/cxlcgwh
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:42:58 pm by DaveR »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2506 on: June 15, 2012, 09:42:12 pm »
Link is not working!   >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2507 on: June 15, 2012, 09:43:26 pm »
Link is not working!   >>>
Is now!  :P

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2508 on: June 15, 2012, 09:45:51 pm »
Saved me having to invest my hard earned cash in a copy of the local rag!  Thanks!    :P
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2509 on: June 16, 2012, 07:36:41 am »
Take a look at the gardens in the st Georges hotel,immaculate,why because its their job to make it attractive for their customers,take a look at the gardens opposite,uncut grass and soon weeds will be shooting between the new flowers and CCBC WILL ONLY CUT THE GRASS once a fortnight and weed it a lot less,sorry not good enought,we have tourist who look and judge,they charge them to park on the prom then spend the money elsewere,the fact that the manager;s of the hotels don;t complain and pay their buisness rates without a wimper is their lose.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2510 on: June 16, 2012, 09:05:43 am »
It's a pity that the hotels can't withhold some of their business rates and maintain the gardens themselves?  Bring back Llandudno Urban District Council!  In the sixties when I came to Llandudno on holiday everything looked immaculate or was that rose tinted glasses?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2511 on: June 16, 2012, 11:27:43 am »
There are weeds growing in cracks everywhere the place looks a mess.  Didn't there used to be a man with a tank on his back going round squirting them?

Also the grass needs cuting on the verges.  Unfortunately the men who do it have delusions of Formula 1.  They whizz around thinking they are Fangio and just flatten the grass.  Two hours later it has boinged back up again.  Why is there no one to inspect their work and ensure that they have done it properly? $angry$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2512 on: June 16, 2012, 11:33:04 am »
I think everyone has too higher an expectation of both Conwy county council and Llandudno Town Council.

The Pig Squadron are all set to take off for their first sortie over the area, but still awaiting a worthwhile opportunity!
 Z**
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2513 on: June 16, 2012, 12:26:23 pm »
FOTWS WHERE ARE YOU ,I JUST DROVE ALONG THE wEST sHORE PROM, THE GRASS MUST BE A FOOT HIGH IN PLACES,NICE FOR THE 10K TOMORROW,CLASSIC NEGLECT CCBC.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2514 on: June 17, 2012, 11:38:15 am »
OMG Anyone else tried to get anywhere in town today?
Tried to get home from a trip to Rhos-- must have used 2 galls petrol, every road was closed once you had driven up it--access only meant no access. Every driver was having to turn round at the end of the streets and go back. Even the marshalls didn't seem to know of a way across. Eventually we followed a sign for the ski slope and got to the other side of Gloddaeth.
Grrrrr
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #2515 on: June 17, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »
Hiya Nemesis. You were delayed by the "Llandudno 10" wich is a very popular UK event and a great attraction for the area. I watched some of the race and it seems that the route has been changed cosiderably since last year's debacle.

I actually used to compete in this event some years ago when my knees were much younger and it really is a great attraction for the town which, like the Extraganza, and many other local events, we just have to endure and accept it is for the greater good.

On the subject of road closures. With a little local knowledge and some help from the marshalls I managed to get from my home on Abbey Road to Asda in less than five minutes!

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2516 on: June 17, 2012, 02:17:15 pm »
Well done-- coming the other way to Abbey Road I think I must have encountered a thick marshall who sent us on a wild goose chase!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2517 on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:01 pm »
My god what a mess the town looks at the moment with most of the grass uncut all over Llandudno,i do not blame the lads who do the work,we could blame all the rain,we must blame cuts in staffing,i just feel sorry for the buisnesses that rely on tourism because people who have been down this weekend will not give Llandudno a good name.Iwent to Southport last year and will not be rushing to return,since my last visit it had gone down and i think thats what will happen to us.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2518 on: June 17, 2012, 09:59:09 pm »
It was the Falklands Campaign Memorial Service at the Cenotaph this morning. A bit of a shame that the Service took place in the middle of the 10k Race, with runners constantly passing, restricting the room available for the service.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2519 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:29 am »
Seems completely wrong for two events to overlap like that, when events are arranged I assume one of the councils must look and think something needs changing here and then all will run smoothly?? It would seem that does not happen  ???   great pic!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas