Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612833 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2460 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48:18 pm »
Thanks very much for posting that Bri, it's such a shame that it wasn't open last week as it's a great attraction for everyone.  When we were kids a load of us from Cwm Place would spend hours there during the day.
I hope that the opening/closing dates are not set in stone because they need to be flexible due to our unpredictable weather.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2461 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:05 pm »
I see the hoardings have gone up around Plas y Dre on Gloddaeth Avenue. I hope something is going to be done fairly quickly otherwise this could be another one for the Local Eyesores thread.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2462 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:29 am »
The 'Welcome to Llandudno' sign on Penrhyn Hill has been removed for repairs and to have the word 'Croeso' added.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2463 on: June 01, 2012, 10:30:46 am »
My OH has just come in and says the pier looks wonderful with all the flags etc. Congrats to all concerned.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2464 on: June 02, 2012, 11:24:15 am »
Wheeeee! At least someone has made some effort to look festive for the Jubilee.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #2465 on: June 02, 2012, 02:38:03 pm »
What has happened to the Little Deli on upper mostyn street. its closed and all around are saying it has folded. Something to do with lack of trade and money. people are talking of bailiffs etc. such a sad shame I loved their choc's

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2466 on: June 02, 2012, 03:34:58 pm »
The notice in the window says to follow them on Facebook.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2467 on: June 02, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »
Thats the problem....
I loved the hot roast beef sandwich they did, and a luxury mushroom soup too... plus exquisite ice cream.

BUT.... I only went a couple of times a year, and its just not enough to sustain these great little businesses.

When a business closes down which I like, I usually look to myself and realise that I didn't patronise it enough.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2468 on: June 06, 2012, 08:33:24 pm »
Little Deli has been completely cleared out now. As I recall, that unit lets for about £10k a year, so will be let fairly quickly, I'm sure.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2469 on: June 06, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »
You do have to laugh sometimes at some of things CCBC do. Whose idea was it to put a new street sign on Clonmel Street behind the railings, so that it cant be clearly seen?!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2470 on: June 06, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »
Dave leave those CCBC people alone,its only our money they are playing with.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2471 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59:03 am »
On a happier note i think CCBC are actually thinking of bedding all the plants in,im sure they are later than normal but i do hope they put a bit of effort into Llandudno;s this year,im just suprised they have not turfed the Carlton roundabout to save on flowers,makes me laugth when i see them get ride of flower beds by gradually turfing them over.It probably is me but when i go near Bodlondeb or into Colwyn Bay their displays seem far better and better maintained,but that could be just my opinion.On the bright side CCBC have managed to avoid the issues of the Pier Pavillion,The Clarence,Llandudno railway station,Tudno castle and Illuminated car parking signs,this is the sign of a good council when they can get away with treating a town like this without any objections,well done CCBC and especially all Llandudno county councillors for your CONCERN.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2472 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:51 am »
The New Llandudno Mayor has made a few statements about what she would like to achieve in her year of Office.

The Station to become  fantastic travel and transport hub.   Divine assistance necessary!

New Slipway to attract International sailing competitions.   

The Alice in Wonderland Trail (well it has been started on, let's hope it gets finished!)

There are also a "number of initiatives" to promote the Town both Nationally and Internationally!

Have we not heard all this rhetoric before somewhere?   Was anything achieved the last time we heard it?   Will it ever happen?   The pigs are flexing their wings ready to give an impressive formation flying display over Llandudno to coincide with the realisation of any one of these being achieved!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Online Bri Roberts

« Reply #2473 on: June 07, 2012, 11:41:01 am »
New Slipway to attract International sailing competitions.   

Today, the NWNN only describe this initiative as the building of a new slipway for the sailing club.

There is no mention at all of any international sailing competitions in the pipeline.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2474 on: June 07, 2012, 12:16:16 pm »
Well my copy of the NWWN has it from the Mayor's quote at the bottom of Page 3!!   just shows that one side doesn't know what the other side is doing! ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero