Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613830 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2385 on: May 22, 2012, 06:18:04 pm »
A mess thats what it is like today,flower beds full of weeds,paddling pool empty of water and the so called sandy beach full of shells and stones and not one councillor gives a damn.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2386 on: May 22, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »
Don't despair Wrex. I think it's normal for the beds to be planted with summer bedding plants at the end of May and early June. So give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure all the beds will look vastly different - it's that "gap" at present between the Spring plants and the Summer ones.

craigollerton

« Reply #2387 on: May 22, 2012, 06:51:30 pm »
Give it a few more years and they'll be using evergreen shrubs to save even more money, that wouldn't surprise me! At least then there'll always be some colour rex? Whats wrong with weeds anyway, maybe it's deliberate, dandelions have lovely gold flowers!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2388 on: May 22, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »
Mrs Medz and I followed a young couple pushing a pram with a toddler in tow up through Happy Valley this morning. They got to the cattle grid to realise the ski run was being refurbished and more importantly to them that the toboggan wasn't in operation.  We both felt really guilty that they had been disappointed then the chap was heard to utter " The toboggans not open.  That's really spoiled my day in Llangollen".

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2389 on: May 22, 2012, 10:25:58 pm »
why is there no sign's in happy vally to tell people the  ski and toboggan are not in use instead of letting them walk all the way up that climb? They want the cafe business i guess

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2390 on: May 23, 2012, 09:29:03 am »
A lot of the street nameplates around central Llandudno are currently being renewed. Just cheap aluminium ones, of course, but they will look ok for a few years at least.

I also noticed that the pavement in Upper Mostyn Street (Rose Tor Hotel side) had been powerwashed recently. Looks a lot better but maybe the broken paving stones should have been replaced first?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:37:39 pm by DaveR »

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2391 on: May 23, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »
Who stole the town and the bay ? It was there when I went to bed last night but no sign of it this morning!

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #2392 on: May 23, 2012, 02:09:39 pm »
Have you got fog down there?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2393 on: May 23, 2012, 02:22:09 pm »
More thick mist than anything. but its been persisting all day.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #2394 on: May 23, 2012, 02:27:50 pm »
I am sunbathing!
However I must admit you usually have much better weather than we do.
I miss fog. In my Peak District days it was foggy about 80% of the time.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2395 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:45 pm »
Strange position of having mist below us stopping us from seeing the town and bay and also mist above us stopping us seeing up beyond crossing point on the tram track. In the middle around Black Gate it's clear and strangely very warm.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2396 on: May 23, 2012, 08:28:45 pm »
You can see the mist sweeping in across the Pier & Happy Valley in this iPhone shot:

Offline Trojan

« Reply #2397 on: May 23, 2012, 08:59:45 pm »
Ha ha Trojan..... I can think of no better way to heal scalded fingers than by wrapping them around a cold beer glass.  Z** Z**

.... and a certain Dave R has something to celebrate on 22nd May I believe?   +}}{--

Excellent idea Fest..... $drink1$

....and a certain Dave R has something to celebrate on 24th May also I hope.  8)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2399 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53:44 am »
Do we know what the concrete block on bog island is for,it would be nice to see a fountain erected in town somewhere,unbelieveable that Owen Williams never included any when he set the resort up.