Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613880 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2295 on: April 20, 2012, 07:06:38 pm »
I used to buy the NWWN religiously each week.

I have not bought it at all this year.

When I see TELL's breakdown of this week's paper, it reminds me of why I decided to give it up.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #2296 on: April 23, 2012, 01:46:28 pm »
I bought one yesterday ( £3) on my way to Holy Trinity for the Bungee jump which was cancelled.

Nemesis, I'm just catching up here and I'm very sorry that the bungee jump was cancelled.  The operators decided that the wind was too gusty and they didn't want to hurt any of the soft toys - or cause any damage! 

For those of you who are picturing Nemesis having a bungee jump, I should make it clear that this is a soft toy bungee jump! 

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2297 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »
 $donald$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2298 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
Remember that Arriva do receive a substantial subsidy for operating services like the 19 up to the Great Orme. In fact, they receive money twice...once from CCBC for operating a little used service like the 19 and again from WG for things like the Pensioners Bus Pass.

As well all know, the No.73 operated empty or with only 1 or 2 passengers most of the time - its retention certainly couldn't be justified if no-one used it!

Steak (in the Fat Cat) was very good. We were considering having a Chinese when we were sat in Caffe Nero but the Fat Cat won out as usual.  :laugh:

A couple of years ago as part of a transport working party I had a meeting with the then new, timetable scheduler at Arriva North Wales. He was keen to wield changes and revealed to me that one bus route had been set up "Because it goes past the house of a certain Llandudno town Councillor's mother!" This didn't surprise me in the least. Apparently that route had been losing money for years, but this Councillor continued to put it through  :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2299 on: April 23, 2012, 10:47:44 pm »
Born to Run,  NOTHING that councillors and politicians will stoop to could ever surprise me.

I am cynical about them all, and their reasons for getting in to politics.  It is without exception pure self interest, or self importance, no matter what party they purport to represent.

It is purely a good way of avoiding the need to get a proper job.   &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2300 on: April 24, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »
It's pleasing to see the Victorian style canopy being built outside the former Diskos shop.  $good$

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #2301 on: April 25, 2012, 04:17:55 pm »
It's pleasing to see the Victorian style canopy being built outside the former Diskos shop.  $good$
Its looking very good and is the curved side window new ??

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2302 on: April 25, 2012, 05:39:22 pm »
Its looking very good and is the curved side window new ??
Yes, its had a new shopfront fitted today, looks very good.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2303 on: April 25, 2012, 05:41:00 pm »
What a change in the weather today! I went from sitting on the Terrace of the Deganwy Quay Hotel in the blazing sunshine yesterday to battling to stand upright on the Prom in the gales and rain this morning. Amazing!

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2304 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:48 pm »
 :o

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2305 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:48 pm »
Those middle aged "student" women are back outside cafe Nero and Jessops.  Maybe they are going to be here every Friday.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2306 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:58 pm »
Just spotted Robert Powell and Joe Pasquale going up the Orme on the tram. Last time I remember seeing Robert Powell on TV going up a hill he was carrying a cross.http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBGtPjviiY0U1YdrnzBp607Sgt7V49usz0YRbYqMc2-vyF6vlr

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2307 on: April 27, 2012, 01:38:07 pm »
Those middle aged "student" women are back outside cafe Nero and Jessops.  Maybe they are going to be here every Friday.
A reminder to all Members that these women are not collecting for charity but just to line their own pockets. They have no connection with any university or college.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2308 on: April 27, 2012, 02:18:21 pm »
Hard to believe that what they do is not illegal? It was bad enough with the big issue sellers $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2309 on: April 27, 2012, 02:50:06 pm »
Just had a go at one now, as I bought one last time-- told her it was a scam, so she glowered at me, but moved away ! :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.