Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615243 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1860 on: December 20, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »
Got stopped outside the library today to do a survey.

The crux of which was, the people who put the wind turbines in are donating 750k to local causes every year. What should it be spent on?

Thought that would be interesting topic of discussion for this board.

My own thoughts are a music festival on Bodafon fields to give the area something much needed for under 70s!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1861 on: December 20, 2011, 09:03:50 pm »
I did the same survey and received an Aero for my troubles. They made a big fuss that there will be £90m to be spent, then revealed it worked out at just £768,000 a year!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1862 on: December 20, 2011, 09:25:39 pm »
I received a telephone enquiry yesterday from Swift Research Ltd of Wetherby, West Yorks., asking whether I would participate in a survey about North Wales Police. I declined on the basis that I will not not give any personal information or opinions over the phone - you can never be certain who it is at the other end.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1863 on: December 20, 2011, 09:56:30 pm »
I received a telephone enquiry yesterday from Swift Research Ltd of Wetherby, West Yorks., asking whether I would participate in a survey about North Wales Police. I declined on the basis that I will not not give any personal information or opinions over the phone - you can never be certain who it is at the other end.

Fonejacker - Monies

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1864 on: December 20, 2011, 11:51:43 pm »
Nice to hear from you B2R.
Mmmm free aero eh?  My kind of survey.

My initial reaction would be, I would like to see some of that money put towards a feasibility study, and physical investment in renovating the Pier landing stage.

I am sure that I can think of quite a few other good causes too.... not as many as Wrex though.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1865 on: December 21, 2011, 08:25:03 am »
Funny that-- as we walked past 3 of the people were free but they ignored us !. Frightened of dogs?
Victor Meldrew in disguise?

Very interesting !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1866 on: December 21, 2011, 09:38:11 am »
Funny that-- as we walked past 3 of the people were free but they ignored us !. Frightened of dogs?
Victor Meldrew in disguise?

Very interesting !

Most surveys require a random sample of different people and it may be that you were one too many of a particular "class" - or they didn't want dog owners!   I recently volunteered for a survey but was turned down due to age!     Which reminds me it is my Birthday on Friday (23/12).     ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1867 on: December 25, 2011, 05:54:16 pm »
Went for a nice walk this afternoon, very quiet!

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1868 on: December 25, 2011, 07:03:39 pm »
It could not have been much busier in town last night.

According to a local taxi driver at 10.20pm, he had only had seven pickups since 5pm all evening.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1869 on: December 26, 2011, 09:40:00 am »
Nice photos, ME, if anyone ever wants to shoot an 'end of the world' type movie in Llandudno, then Christmas day would seem to be the time to do it...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1870 on: December 26, 2011, 11:06:53 am »
A photo from a couple of days ago...'come and have a paddle in Mostyn Street'. There has been a problem here for many weeks and still not fixed.:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1871 on: December 26, 2011, 11:13:53 am »
...and another one from the same day, taken at the Venue CymruSwimming Pool Car Park. The water was so deep that the parking attendant's white van seen in the photo nearly stalled going through the water. Welcome to Llandudno!  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1872 on: December 26, 2011, 12:15:39 pm »
Nice photos, ME, if anyone ever wants to shoot an 'end of the world' type movie in Llandudno, then Christmas day would seem to be the time to do it...

It did feel like the aftermath of a nuclear war :o the strangest part was looking into the Victoria centre and Christmas music was still playing! Spooky!  :o :laugh:

a couple more

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1873 on: December 26, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »
Good turnout for the Boxing Day dip. The announcer gave the sea temp at minus 11 degrees. Jason Gardiner came and spoke before the raffle draw, nice to see so many people supporting the charities.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1874 on: December 26, 2011, 01:17:11 pm »
Good turnout for the Boxing Day dip. The announcer gave the sea temp at minus 11 degrees. Jason Gardiner came and spoke before the raffle draw, nice to see so many people supporting the charities.

At minus 11, the sea would be frozen solid! They said something similar last year, I would expect the sea temp to be about plus 9 (still very cold!)