Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614041 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1815 on: December 07, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »
I was talking to a local businessman just across the road this evening and it really is very dark in the vicinity of the pedestrian crossing...it's an accident waiting to happen. We looked and there are three lights in a row not working on that side of the road, so no lights at all between the Carlton and W H Smith.

I did find the explanation a little odd - why cant the lights be accessed using a normal cherry picker type vehicle like every other street lamp? Scissor lifts only go up and down in a straight line so it would have to be positioned directly underneath the light...so how would they get through the glass canopies along there?! Doesn't make a lot of sense...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1816 on: December 07, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »
You may be expecting logic from the council and they have none WWW
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #1817 on: December 07, 2011, 06:50:25 pm »
The last time we had stray sparks from a welding torch............ASDA went up in flames!   

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1818 on: December 07, 2011, 11:02:13 pm »
Isn't that what happened at North Wales Police Headquarters in Colwyn Bay too?
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1819 on: December 08, 2011, 11:46:56 am »
The new £15,000 Information Point outside the Library has been out of action for a week, at least, it just shows the message 'kiosk offline' now.  :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1820 on: December 08, 2011, 12:33:37 pm »
Wow, that was some mini storm that just swept through town. I was trapped under a canopy by KFC. It looked just like those images you see of a Florida hurricane where the rain is travelling vertically.

Also very noticeable was how many of the street drains along Mostyn Street are completely blocked. Within 5 minutes, water was coming onto the pavement close to the shops down by the Kings Arms and was within a foot of their front door. Cannot CCBC do anything in Llandudno properly?

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #1821 on: December 08, 2011, 01:22:53 pm »
I had no idea that the Grand Hotel has bingo sessions.  Todays NWWN has an application - from the Channel Islands- to extend hours. Who on earth would want to play bingo at 2.00 a.m.?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1822 on: December 08, 2011, 01:43:16 pm »
Wow, that was some mini storm that just swept through town. I was trapped under a canopy by KFC. It looked just like those images you see of a Florida hurricane where the rain is travelling vertically.

Also very noticeable was how many of the street drains along Mostyn Street are completely blocked. Within 5 minutes, water was coming onto the pavement close to the shops down by the Kings Arms and was within a foot of their front door. Cannot CCBC do anything in Llandudno properly?
'Twas like a river past us-- all the drains are blocked with leaves so we are paddling in the garage again !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1823 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:40 pm »
Not right now but this was the stormy sky taken from the Orme summit car park at 4pm.
Bit of a confession though, I took it through the car window. Too windy to get out!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1824 on: December 08, 2011, 09:21:20 pm »
Who on earth would want to play bingo at 2.00 a.m.?
or indeed...at all?

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1825 on: December 09, 2011, 09:02:18 pm »
Another dramatic sky this afternoon. 

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1826 on: December 09, 2011, 09:32:26 pm »
Great photograph.

Such weird and ever changing weather. We walked up to the viewing point at Anglesea(y) Road yesterday afternoon and in the time it took to get there the sky had changed from light blue to the threatening black clouds you can see on the bottom of your photograph. Very difficult to stand up in the winds at the viewing point.

Mike, you might like to know that when we walked back across the golf course it was looking in particularly good condition.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1827 on: December 11, 2011, 11:46:24 am »
The Santa Fun Run in aid of Ty Gobaith took place this morning, weather was awful but a good effort by all concerned. Mayor Robbins was there to start the event and kindly posed for a photo for me

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1828 on: December 11, 2011, 12:12:10 pm »
Seeing those pictures for some reason I keep thinking of Captain Pugwash :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1829 on: December 11, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »
Every time it rains, a 50 foot+ section of Mostyn Street across the road from W H Smiths floods, causing difficulties for pedestrians and motorists alike. Do CCBC staff and Councillors go around with their eyes closed?