Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614131 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1800 on: December 05, 2011, 11:04:36 am »
What's Llandudno Like Right Now?

Dark, dank, windy, miserable and devoid of anything resembling the festive occasion that is just around the corner.

Accolade of the Year is due to the Llandudno Town Council for their valiant efforts in doing absolutely nothing for the local people.    WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1801 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »
Sorry to be negative again but i have just watched the xmas parade on u tube,am i thick or was not light for the first part of the parade,not sure how hard it would be for the TC to come to a decision to put it back a whole 15 minutes.Call a special meeting of the xmas parade committee and lets start at 4.15.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1802 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:32 pm »
It was very cold and windy on the West Shore when I took my dog for a walk this morning but I only walked as far as the Boating Lake as the sand was blowing like a sandstorm over the lake.  One lady was better prepared than me and carried on walking as she had a pair of skiing goggles on to protect her eyes.
There was a large herd of goats above the site of the Penmorfa Hotel and were completely exposed to the elements. I always thought that they had more sense than that and kept to the lea side in these conditions.
 Turning back there was a large Fire and Rescue engine opposite Lilly's but it didn't look like there was a problem as the men just came out with some food in their hands.
It wasn't high tide but as I was going along the Prom the waves were crashing on the Little Orme and were quite impressive and would be even more so later on.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1803 on: December 05, 2011, 02:39:50 pm »
I like your wintry photos Hugo. How lovely to be beside the sea.
We have friends and family in Cheshire and Derbyshire and they have been sending us photos of their snow this morning so I suppose we are not doing too badly.

Offline Sara

« Reply #1804 on: December 07, 2011, 08:23:40 am »
My daughter has just text me, there is a fire at the end of the pier. Fire brigade there, lot of smoke.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1805 on: December 07, 2011, 08:56:04 am »
That should warm things up a bit!     _))*
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1806 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:06 am »
I just nipped up to the Prom to take a  look, couldnt see anything going on. MpMarine are working on the pier, maybe something to do with that.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1807 on: December 07, 2011, 09:46:24 am »
This was happening last week, perhaps a stray spark? seems too wet though?

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1808 on: December 07, 2011, 09:49:09 am »
Nice pics, ME, maybe a bit of decking caught alight, it was very windy up there first thing.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1809 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:57 am »
As an aside, an illustration of how dark parts of Mostyn Street are at night - the pedestrian crossing outside the former Woolworths was in almost darkness due to a lack of working street lighting. You can see how the pedestrian on the crossing is only illuminated by the car's headlights.
I have reported this to CCBC - let's see how long it takes to get fixed:
http://www.fixmystreet.com/report/216966

Offline Sara

« Reply #1810 on: December 07, 2011, 10:25:49 am »
Seems like it probably was welders, don't know where smoke would come from. They were working pretty early, before it was properly light. Someone must have thought it bad enough to call fire brigade. Gave the guests where my daughter works something to look at while having breakfast. :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1811 on: December 07, 2011, 10:28:27 am »
The St. Georges Hotel called the Fire Service out. Better to be safe than sorry!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1812 on: December 07, 2011, 10:29:34 am »
As an aside, an illustration of how dark parts of Mostyn Street are at night - the pedestrian crossing outside the former Woolworths was in almost darkness due to a lack of working street lighting. You can see how the pedestrian on the crossing is only illuminated by the car's headlights.
I have reported this to CCBC - let's see how long it takes to get fixed:
http://www.fixmystreet.com/report/216966
Reply received very quickly but not great news:

"Thank you for your complaint regarding the floodlights in Llandudno town centre.  The local authority has to hire a special scissor lift to maintain those lights. The scissor lift is hired only so many times a year to carry out the repairs."

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1813 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:05 pm »
I have never heard such a supid and crass answer in all my life.   Whoever made the comment, and more so the person who made the policy, need firing without further delay.

If in the meantime someone is mugged or assaulted, or even murdered in one of the dark spots, what will the Councils excuse be then?  They should be made culpable to any incident and the CE punished accordingly!
 $angry$   $angry$
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1814 on: December 07, 2011, 05:01:52 pm »
I have a very good ladder that they can hire at a very competitive rate  ;D
but no doubt the H & S department bans such things  $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas