Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612210 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1740 on: November 12, 2011, 02:01:44 pm »
 :( Ok im the only one bothered, no obsessed with the lack of effort in Llandudno at xmas ,having written to every town councillor last January too express my disgust at the lights im waiting to see the results.I know i bleat on but it would be nice to know what the other forum members thinkj. :twoface:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1741 on: November 12, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »
I agree with you Wrex, as you must know from my regular postings about the deficiencies of this Town Council.   Dealing with them is just like peeing in the wind!     More news after I have had my meeting with them.  But as they are dragging their feet, Lord knows when that will be.

And if your a Town Councillor and your reading this, bear in mind the elections are just round the corner!     :laugh:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1742 on: November 12, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »
There were two council vehicles out last Sunday morning replacing bulbs all along the promenade.

Although it made sense with all the expected visitors to the resort on Thursday, it may have been advantageous to have done it last Saturday morning before the annual firework display.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1743 on: November 12, 2011, 08:10:19 pm »
Wrex, I admire all the effort you put into trying to get the Christmas lights improved - keep it up!
 ££$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1744 on: November 12, 2011, 10:13:50 pm »
So do I Wrex....dog with a bone comes to mind and I admire anyone like that  $good$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1745 on: November 13, 2011, 10:01:36 am »
 ;D Woof woof. :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1746 on: November 13, 2011, 10:14:48 am »
So do I Wrex....dog with a bone comes to mind and I admire anyone like that  $good$

It is just a shame that there apears to be only one or two dogs doing the barking!    Maybe this Forum could band together and let the Council know that there are more than a couple of baying hounds on their trail!  (insert baying hound smiley)

The Government now react to "on-line" petitions, maybe the Town and County Councils would re-act to a Three Forums Petition?   How about it?    ZXZ
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1747 on: November 13, 2011, 01:08:53 pm »
A very well attended parade through town and ceremony at the Cenotaph this morning. Some photos will follow later.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1748 on: November 13, 2011, 01:20:34 pm »
And a full Holy Trinity Church with people standing too, prior to the parade

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1749 on: November 13, 2011, 01:35:32 pm »
I noticed just now that a power supply is being installed outside the Library, presumably so that the decorative lighting in the trees can be reinstated.  $good$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1750 on: November 13, 2011, 02:53:11 pm »
Lights being wound round the trees on the roundabout at Hooson's corner. Workers standing in the pansies !! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1751 on: November 13, 2011, 03:27:54 pm »
Remembrance Sunday Ceremony:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1752 on: November 13, 2011, 04:32:30 pm »

It is just a shame that there apears to be only one or two dogs doing the barking!    Maybe this Forum could band together and let the Council know that there are more than a couple of baying hounds on their trail!  (insert baying hound smiley)

The Government now react to "on-line" petitions, maybe the Town and County Councils would re-act to a Three Forums Petition?   How about it?    ZXZ

Well, seeing as Greg Robbins is sorting out the Pier Pavilion, (as he promised to do in his Mayoral year) then thats one thing less to worry about. So we might as well help Wrex out with this.
Can't wait to see what Greg manages to get done, the sands of time are running out!
Still awaiting any kind of update on that subject, strangely enough.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1753 on: November 13, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »
The only (major) problem is that the Town Council is run, and controlled by the "old brigade".  Those long serving Councillors who have their arses glued to the seats and will not change their habits of a lifetime for anyone.  You have such as Philip Evans who has served been a Councillor for 30+ years, Brian Bertola, Jack Finch (plus Daughter), John Boyle, Terry Davies, Michael Williams (who? did I hear you say?), Margaret Lyons, Mike Holt (supported by his Son), and a few other old hands.

Until these hang up their boots or their vice like grip on their positions is released, we shall always have a Council made up of those who look after themselves rather than the people of the Town.

Wrex knows! ;)

The last line on the first page of the Council web site says it all;
 "Please note that this site is still under development. "

Just like everything else after years of inactivity!
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1754 on: November 13, 2011, 06:59:35 pm »
Well, seeing as Greg Robbins is sorting out the Pier Pavilion, (as he promised to do in his Mayoral year) then thats one thing less to worry about. So we might as well help Wrex out with this.
Can't wait to see what Greg manages to get done, the sands of time are running out!
Still awaiting any kind of update on that subject, strangely enough.
To be fair, he's been busy standing on a podium: