Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613746 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1695 on: October 09, 2011, 05:55:14 pm »
:o Just walked around the Gt Orme, quite busy lots of litter from yesterday and one whole in the wall, i take it a car demolished it. ZXZ

I walked around it too and it was hard going walking against the wind.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1696 on: October 09, 2011, 05:58:19 pm »
Walk dear walk !! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1697 on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »
 :o Oscar has a well written piece about Llandudno,well worth a read. ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1698 on: October 22, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »
Lot of activity outside the old Woolies store this afternoon, with two fire engines and a control car arriving with sirens and lights. Turned out nothing was going on, as they all disappeared after 5 minutes!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1699 on: October 24, 2011, 06:38:20 pm »
Fingers crossed and not wishing to jinx it too much - Looking at the weather forecast http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html?day=1parts of the West coast of England and Wales have had a torrid day. Hopefully we just missed it!!!!!! but I suppose "Day ain't over yet".

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1700 on: October 30, 2011, 08:31:05 pm »
The Fountains Hearse has been out and about all week, promoting the Halloween nights at Fountains bar.   Perhaps that's where Trojan has been hiding all this time?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1701 on: November 03, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »
 ;D No matter what people think of Mr Dickens he certainly spends some money advertising his buissnesses. :-X

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1702 on: November 03, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »
;D No matter what people think of Mr Dickens he certainly spends some money advertising his buissnesses. :-X
Very true. Perhaps he'd like an advert on the Forum? $good$

Offline hollins

« Reply #1703 on: November 03, 2011, 11:59:53 pm »
We had a pleasant evening in Llandudno tonight. We have friends staying and had tickets booked for the opera Barber of Seville at the Venue Cymru.
We parked near the Washington and walked down the prom with a big black cloud behind us. We were aiming for the Seahorse restaurant.
Thank you Dave R for your recommendation on a previous thread about favourite restaurants. I have been meaning to go there for ages and when I remembered about the 4.30 opening time I realised it would be ideal for a meal before the opera.
We all had a fish dish, one lobster, one hake, one sea bass and one monkfish and they were all delicious.
I can't be certain but I think the Barber of Seville was in there eating a big plate of Conwy mussels.
The waitress told us that they stay open late for the two weeks of the year that the opera is on.
Opera isn't my cup of tea but at least this one is light hearted and the rest of the party really enjoyed it.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1704 on: November 04, 2011, 12:08:47 am »
What a shame that M&S can't keep their shop neat and tidy in Llandudno. I noticed peeling paint over both doorways tonight.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1705 on: November 04, 2011, 08:26:42 am »
Tch Tch - I think I'll have to sell my shares!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1706 on: November 04, 2011, 09:44:08 am »
What a shame that M&S can't keep their shop neat and tidy in Llandudno. I noticed peeling paint over both doorways tonight.
I've noticed this, as well. Their signage is not well maintained either, the large illuminated sign on the side of the building hasn't worked properly for years, with half the letters not lighting up. The second store on the other side of the church isn't much better, with a rusting verandah that has plants growing out of it. You'd have thought the store manager would wander outside occasionally and take a look at the state of his store?

Every good manager knows the difference between a good and great business comes down to attention to detail.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1707 on: November 04, 2011, 02:54:57 pm »
 ;) With Sainsbury local coming down the road and taking a good percentage of M & S food trade i think they need to up their game and quick or their may be a few job loses in their food department. :(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1708 on: November 05, 2011, 10:59:50 pm »
The coast road is currently completely closed between Bryn Y Bia and the top of Penrhyn Hill, looks like a crash.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1709 on: November 06, 2011, 12:13:33 pm »
How where the new fireworks last night, i know they changed firms and this was the first time i had watched from the house and not gone onto the prom.I thought they where not as good BUT  tobe fair i was watching from afar so hard to say, what were the members views?. :-[