Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612361 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1680 on: October 03, 2011, 08:20:48 pm »
 :( Just been watching a programme on Tenby ,their flower display was far superior to ours ,i know most people on the forum thought ours were good but i think this year there was no maintainace of ours and the grass was not cut regular. >>>

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1681 on: October 03, 2011, 09:06:33 pm »
I think the praise was directed at the Carlton Roundabout area, the rest of the town & prom was not so great. Certainly plenty of room for improvement.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1682 on: October 05, 2011, 09:17:20 pm »
 :roll: Sorry to be dissmissive about the Town Council but this sign at the top of Penrhyn hill was put there when it was the main rd into town, now forgive me but the majority of traffic comes into town down Conwyroad so lets have a Llandudno Welcomes you sign at the top of  Conwy rd ,WASTE MONEY AT THE TOP OF
PENRHYNHILL IF THEY LIKE BUT PUT A SIGN WHERE IT WILL BE SEEN BY VISITORS TO THE TOWN. ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1683 on: October 05, 2011, 09:37:32 pm »
Fester and I saw this odd chap on the Prom by the Cenotaph. He was dancing away, waving his tambourine about and either singing or shouting. Was he performing or just a touch loopy?
Quite by chance, I solved the little mystery of who this guy was. His name was 'Crazy Colin' and he made a habit of performing in public. Sadly, he died suddenly only a month after we saw him in Llandudno

crazy Colin day trip to Rhyl

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1684 on: October 06, 2011, 08:16:10 am »
:roll: Sorry to be dissmissive about the Town Council but this sign at the top of Penrhyn hill was put there when it was the main rd into town, now forgive me but the majority of traffic comes into town down Conwyroad so lets have a Llandudno Welcomes you sign at the top of  Conwy rd ,WASTE MONEY AT THE TOP OF
PENRHYNHILL IF THEY LIKE BUT PUT A SIGN WHERE IT WILL BE SEEN BY VISITORS TO THE TOWN. ££$

Why do we need a sign anyway?   What a waste of our dosh!     :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1685 on: October 06, 2011, 08:33:51 am »
It wouldn't have the same impact as the one at Penrhynside. I think the whole point was that after seeing the sign you had the spectacular view of the bay & the Orme in all it's majesty as you drove in to town. Driving down Conwy Road all you see is lots of buildings,
Valar Morghulis

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1686 on: October 06, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »
I was driving to Llandudno at about 2.30pm and opposite the exit of the Craigside Premier Inn there was an old gentleman sitting behind the wheel of a silver car that had just been in an accident and the car had suffered severe front damage.
The old gentleman looked visibly shaken and was being attended to by someone in the car parked behind him and in my rear view mirror it looked like an unmarked car from the emergency services. As we drove further on a Police car was driving up in that direction with the lights flashing and siren on.
I don't know how the accident arose but hope that no one was seriously hurt as a result.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1687 on: October 06, 2011, 07:24:52 pm »
We saw the same incident.  We were driving from town towards Penrhyn Bay.  The blue light car was an unmarked police car and this was at the scene along with a marked traffic van.    A police Officer was apparently taking a statement from a lady at the roadside.  I could not see evidence of any other vehicle having been involved so it may have been moved.   The damage to the front of the  car was extensive and I can only think that it ran iunto the back of another vehicle waiting to turn right into Craigside Manor.

Seat-belt and air bag should have prevented any serious injury.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1688 on: October 06, 2011, 08:22:44 pm »
What a torrential hailstorm there was this evening, at about 5.30. I was having a meal in the Fat Cat and it sounded pretty loud inside, banging on the skylights. Can't have been pleasant if you were caught out in it. I even left my fabulous rib eye steak to take a pic, was a touch late though:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1689 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:33 am »
 :) Dave ,you are spending far too much time in the pub. Z**

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1690 on: October 07, 2011, 08:09:32 am »
:) Dave ,you are spending far too much time in the pub. Z**
:laugh:

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1691 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:28 am »
What a torrential hailstorm there was this evening, at about 5.30. I was having a meal in the Fat Cat and it sounded pretty loud inside, banging on the skylights. Can't have been pleasant if you were caught out in it. I even left my fabulous rib eye steak to take a pic, was a touch late though:

I had to drive to the Junction at 6pm and the road out of Deganwy was quite deep in water, it was perishing cold too-- the temperature, not the water, before some wise guy asks if I was paddling !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1692 on: October 09, 2011, 03:36:12 pm »
 :o Just walked around the Gt Orme, quite busy lots of litter from yesterday and one whole in the wall, i take it a car demolished it. ZXZ

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1693 on: October 09, 2011, 04:57:12 pm »
You were spotted on your perambulation !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1694 on: October 09, 2011, 05:18:05 pm »
 :o Pardon. ZXZ