Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2643634 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1485 on: August 14, 2011, 05:00:14 pm »
Old program - was shown a long while ago.   Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline dwsi

« Reply #1486 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »
A new blog about Llandudno 'Orme Views' http://bit.ly/q45ejP

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1487 on: August 14, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
A new blog about Llandudno 'Orme Views' http://bit.ly/q45ejP
££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1488 on: August 14, 2011, 07:00:30 pm »
The Annual 'Headstock' music festival at the King's Head Pub was in full flow when i passed this afternoon:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1489 on: August 14, 2011, 08:52:06 pm »
If I had known that was going on-----it might have been shutters up and me down the hill

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1490 on: August 15, 2011, 08:52:55 am »
Credit where credit is due-- it was quietened at a reasonable hour. Seem to remember alot of whingeing last time !
Looks good-- town seemed deserted yesterday evening-- everyone was there !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1491 on: August 16, 2011, 09:03:49 pm »
 :o Sorry to be so negative about THE FLOWER BEDS BUT THEY LOOK DISGUSTING,FULL OF WEEDS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE CUT ALL STAFF IN THE PARKS DEPARTMENT,its a shame some of us are proud of Llandudno and others are letting it go. :rage:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1492 on: August 16, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »
:o Sorry to be so negative about THE FLOWER BEDS BUT THEY LOOK DISGUSTING,FULL OF WEEDS AND OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE CUT ALL STAFF IN THE PARKS DEPARTMENT,its a shame some of us are proud of Llandudno and others are letting it go. :rage:
Agreed. Another area which the Town Council could chip in and do something useful instead of spending £4000 on Civic Sunday jollies for themselves.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1493 on: August 17, 2011, 08:13:14 am »

The Bloom Judges have long since been and gone Wrex,  what more do you expect?  I think the Judges should return a few months later and see if the displays have been kept up to scratch!   
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1494 on: August 17, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »
I was just browsing the Town Council's website and was amazed to see so many spelling mistakes in the Mayor's Biography (spelling errors in bold):

The Mayor, Cllr Greg J T Robbins late father's family are from the area.  His grandfather owned a farm in Llandudno Junction and until fairly recently he had relatives running a shop and a cafe in Llandudno.  Although he was brought up in England, he fell in love with llandudno from an early age as his family always came to the town on holiday and to visit relatives.  He moved back to the area in 1984.

He works as a Contracts Manager for a lcoal construction company and has been involved in the industry sicne starting work on the Conwy Tunnel in 1987 for Tarmac Construction.  Cllr Robbins is married to Debbie with two daughters, Kira aged 14 and Holly aged 25, and has two grand children, Elysia and Jack.  He is also an animal lover and has three rescue dogs at home.

Prior to becoming Mayor, he has held the office off Deputy Mayor, has been Chaimran of the Planning Transportation Committee for two years and is a very active member of various other committee and sub-committee including Community Services, Fiannce and General Purposes, Tranpsortation and Public Rights of Way, Decorative Lighting and Staffing.  He also represents the Council on the Great Orme Management Advisory Group, the Llandudno ad Colwyn Bay Light Tram Society and the Llandudno Development Partnership.

In addition to is council held positions, he is the Treasurer of the Llandudno and District Darts League, a Governor of Ysgol John Bright High Schol and Vice Chair of Governors of Ysgol Morfa Rhianedd Primary School.  He was also the Chairman of the Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza until December 2010.  Cllr Robbins also has a long standing interest in Amateur Rado having held a callsign since 1992 and he was Secretary and then Chairman of the North Wales Radio Society for several years and helped organise the annual Radio show that is held in Llandudno.

He has a passion for local history and with the backing of the Council is currently working on a Living History project for the town to make the history of Llandudno mroe accessible.

http://llandudno.gov.uk/mayor/

Unbelievable...not to mention embarrassing! Do they not even possess a spell checker at the Town Hall?

If Mayor Robbins is passionate about local history, he could do worse than have a browse through the Forum, where he will find the largest collection of Llandudno photos and memories in existence anywhere...  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1495 on: August 17, 2011, 08:17:12 pm »
I've also had a go at them on NIGGLES about 30 minutes before your post.  Great minds think alike!   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1496 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:12 pm »
Dave, my friend, sorry to disagree with you. I don't think any of these are spelling mistakes---they are keyboard errors i.e. mistyping.  I make them all the time, sticky keys etc

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1497 on: August 17, 2011, 10:16:47 pm »
Mind you, this is probably a worse sin because even a quick glance shows the mistakes. Very careless and unbusiness like

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #1498 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:22 am »
DaveR, you missed a couple of other grammatical errors but I shall let you off as there were so many errors in the first place.

Did you also notice the 'Calendar of Meetings' ended three months ago?

http://llandudno.gov.uk/calendar-ofmeetings

This list should have also been updated by now for 2011-12.

http://llandudno.gov.uk/representation-on-outside-bodies

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1499 on: August 18, 2011, 07:17:39 am »
Dave and I posted within the same hour, Dave on this and me on the Niggles thread.  I covered the Calendar.

A Freedom of Information request was put in by Oscar about the Mayor's Sargeant and there is a large section on the said person which makes it look as though he does more work than anyone else!   How ridiculous to waste money on someone to "help to ROBE the Mayor".  When did we have "eminent" persons and "dignatories" visiting?   Surely such persons should be met by no less a person than the Mayor himself?

Yet another plethora of spelling errors (not typing errors).  Serjeant is an antiquated spelling.

The Mayor's Serjeant

The post of Mayor's Serjeant was established in 2003 by the Town Council as an Honorarium Office and the role broadly covers the following areas:

•To assist the Mayor personally in carrying out their (only if Mayors) duties and civic engagements, including robing.
•To attend and accompany the Mayor/members of the Council at various civic functions or engagements which occur throughout the year.
•To attend Council and other meetings, as required.
•To receive offical guests at civic and other occasions, as required.
•To assist The Mayor/Town Clerk with the smooth running and hosting of the practical side of all Civic functions and events, including: the Annual General Meeting; Civic Sunday; Freedom Parades; Wales in Bloom; Llandudno in Bloom; Miss Alice competition; Town Twinning; Fireworks night; Remembrance Sunday, Christmas Parade and others as needed.
• To assist The Mayor/Town Clerk with visitors to the Town Council eg: Schools; Community/Voluntary Groups and representatvies; overseas visitors; civic dignatories/eminent persons; representatives from the UK Armed Forces (past and present); businesses, individuals.
•To assist the Town Clerk, where required, with appropriate, minor, maintenance works.
UNQUOTE
Cicero