Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612044 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1380 on: July 24, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »
It was Civic Sunday today and so I thought I would take some photos of this event. It was good to see so many Councillors turning out for the free meal ceremony.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1381 on: July 24, 2011, 05:24:22 pm »
Some more photos:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:05:14 am by DaveR »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1382 on: July 24, 2011, 05:29:08 pm »
It was also good to see in these times of cutbacks that money was found to hire two limousines to ferry the Mayor and entourage around. No need to save money when it's someone else's money you're spending, eh?  ;)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1383 on: July 24, 2011, 07:19:30 pm »
Was there a circus in town? looks like a few clowns around  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1384 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:43 pm »
The biggest laugh is the Mayor's Sergeant seen on the extreme left of the fourth photo of the second group.  When he retired from being the Town Hall Caretaker they gave him the Sergeant's job for some reason.  I have yet to discover what he does, but we do pay him the odd thousand(s) or so a year!    :D

David Jones seems to be pondering what it is all about!     ;)

Wonder how much it all cost including the bun fight after the parade!    Z**
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1385 on: July 24, 2011, 09:29:16 pm »
This yellow Double Decker was parked on the Prom this afternoon, preparing for the 'Jagger & Woody Breakfast Show' tomorrow morning LIVE from Llandudno!

Jagger & Woody by davidrobertsphotography, on Flickr

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1386 on: July 25, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »
I am currently trapped in Langtrys bar thanks to Fester - its like going back in time to 1973. Please can someone rescue me? :o WWW

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1387 on: July 25, 2011, 09:15:56 pm »
Why are you trapped? Are your feet stuck to the floor? Or shall I ring for the coastguard? Or the Lifeboat? _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1388 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »
He was trapped because he drinks too slowly, and is too tight to waste beer....  Z**

So, he would rather sit through a cheesy comedian and singer... his fault not mine!
The more you drink the better the singer sounds, I always find.

Anyhow, Dave loved it really... next stop The British Legion, The RAOB club, ...and then the West Shore Social Club!   ZXZ ZXZ
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1389 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »
OMG Don't wake me up on your way home !!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1390 on: July 27, 2011, 09:39:21 pm »
The Elms Hotel up by the Pier roundabout has gone up for sale, on the instructions of the Receivers. Shame, its in a great spot and looks very pleasant. Built in 1881 and yours for £450,000 for the residue of the 2,000 year lease.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1391 on: July 28, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »
I had intended to go for a walk on the Great Orme today but as I drove to Llandudno I could see that the clouds were very low so I opted for a drive over the Orme instead
I drove down past St Tudno's Church and there was a gang in high visibility vests who were offenders in the community so it was nice to see them doing something worthwhile there.  I stopped on the zig zag road and as there was no one in the toll booth I drove around the Marine Drive for free.    ;D
At the Rest and Be Thankful I enjoyed a coffee latte and cake and as the weather deteriorated further I got in my car to drive home.
A camera crew passed me and I could see them setting up the equipment on the other side of the road to the R and BT.  As I drove more and more crew came past and around the corner were about 4 people all in anoraks with their hoods up but I'm sure one of them looked like Iolo Williams so perhaps they were filming something for the BBC.
It's a pity they weren't there yesterday as the day would have been perfect for filming.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1392 on: July 28, 2011, 01:20:43 pm »
Were you wearing shorts? If so I drove past you by the old tea gardens.If not someone else had stopped , got out of the car and was peering over the edge ! Got caught in that mist walking the dog, so cut my own walk short, now trying to dry the washing whilst the rain pelts on the roof.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1393 on: July 28, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »
I stopped on the zig zag road and as there was no one in the toll booth I drove around the Marine Drive for free.    ;D

The Toll Booth at the bottom of the Zig-zag is never manned so it is now always free from this point to West Shore.    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1394 on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:35 pm »
I stopped on the zig zag road and as there was no one in the toll booth I drove around the Marine Drive for free.    ;D

The Toll Booth at the bottom of the Zig-zag is never manned so it is now always free from this point to West Shore.    ZXZ

How long has it been like that then Yorkie as it doesn't seem that long since I was chatting to the guy who was in the booth?     ???