Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613224 times)

cygnusx-1 and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1320 on: July 14, 2011, 05:55:32 pm »
Re the lifeboat
Flying_Shannon.MPG
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1321 on: July 14, 2011, 11:00:29 pm »
Oooh Bri I went on those cable cars a few years ago and the kids thought it was funny to rock the car..............needless to say I haven't been on them again nor will I.   ;D  Not even I'm that brave.

The Cable Car is a fantastic ride, its blissful on a day like this.... and well worth the £7.00 return fare.
Think of it as £3.50,  for a brilliant ride, and same again to get back down.

I wish it would operate more often, I only get chance to ride it a couple of times a year... but I have been on it a couple of times in the last two weeks.
Thats probably it for me until next year, unfortunately.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1322 on: July 15, 2011, 12:21:14 am »
A few years ago my mother and I had a ride up in the cablecar with a sandbag for company.  I think that the wind must have been borderline for operating and the sandbag was to stabilise the cablecar if empty. 

When we were children, my sister and I used to urge our father to "Look how high up we are, Daddy!"  He disliked heights and didn't have much inclination to look down.  However, if you don't mind heights it's a lovely rides, as Fester says, and it's so quiet. 

Offline Trojan

« Reply #1323 on: July 15, 2011, 01:04:57 am »
There was a lot of activity with the lifeboat going on just beyond the paddling pool on the Promenade today.

Do they have a new tractor? I have not seen that one before.  :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1324 on: July 17, 2011, 09:45:38 pm »
There was a lot of activity with the lifeboat going on just beyond the paddling pool on the Promenade today.

Do they have a new tractor? I have not seen that one before.  :)
It's a new one they're testing. I think it's also to see if a Lifeboat can be launched successfully at that point, to see if a Lifeboat Station there may be feasible.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1325 on: July 17, 2011, 09:46:29 pm »
Due to the torrential rain all day today, the Triathlon was not quite the crowd puller that was hoped for:

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1326 on: July 17, 2011, 10:36:58 pm »
DaveR, as a result of the bad weather, I have an idea today's triathlon was eventually only a duathlon. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1327 on: July 17, 2011, 10:38:02 pm »
I believe the swim was cancelled but they did an additional run instead.  :)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1328 on: July 18, 2011, 03:13:01 am »
I only quoted what I heard over the tannoy when I drove past late morning.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1329 on: July 18, 2011, 12:08:35 pm »
There was an attempt earlier today to steal the cash machine at Carmens Convenience Store in Craig Y Don. Lots of police activity there at the moment.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #1330 on: July 18, 2011, 06:02:57 pm »
Well if it's convenient, it's convenient!  :laugh:
Micox

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1331 on: July 19, 2011, 11:18:30 am »
Courtesy of Tudno Fm's Twitter:

If you had Wedding Photos, family portraits etc, taken by Image Gallery Photographers formerly of Upper Mostyn st, Llandudno and have not been able to collect them due the shop closing, please Inbox TudnoFM as the landlord has found quite a lot and is happy for people to collect them!

I understand the Photographers vacated the premises in something of a hurry a few months ago and decided to take the carpet and electric sockets with them. Nice.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1332 on: July 20, 2011, 08:09:35 am »
  :-[   So Mr Williams of the Hospitality Assoc has spoken up and what has he come up with,Llandudno needs a multi-story car park,who would spend millions in Llandudno on a car park ,hope someone tells him there is a new car park going on the station .Now Mr Williams why don;t you bring up your utter disgust at the Pier Pavillion fiasco as the chief of Llandudno;s tourist assoc instead of bleating on about a non starter,the whole town is run by BAFOONS.

Offline dingo20

« Reply #1333 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:41 am »
Why does he think we need another car park? Don't we have one in the centre of town plus the new one at the station plus the two car parks at Moyston Champs and the B&Q retail park (can't think of the name). I think he needs to get his head from up his own backside and represent his members, what a plonker!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1334 on: July 20, 2011, 11:52:07 am »
I note that Cafe Culture on Mostyn Street  were recently refused Planning Permission to have strip lighting along the top of their signage. I can't see quite why this would be refused, being as practically every other shop in the area has illuminated signage? I understand that the chip shop next door (under same ownership) has also been refused permission. How odd?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:47:10 pm by DaveR »