Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2647788 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1185 on: June 17, 2011, 08:13:37 pm »
The new Coach Park Cafe looks to be ready to open.

"A MUCH missed facility will reopen and form part of a project to help train people who have overcome drugs and alcohol problems, therefore assisting them back into employment.

The cafe on Llandudno’s Mostyn Broadway coach park closed two years ago but will reopen next month after being completely refurbished. It will be staffed by six people at a time who will be mentored by experienced catering professionals.

Clive Wolfendale, the chief executive of alcohol and drugs charity Cais which will run the scheme said he hoped it would receive a positive response.

“We have the support of the Welsh Assembly Government and Conwy County Council and with their help have completely refurbished the building.

“The town council has also been very supportive of the project which will give people the opportunity of getting training which will help them find employment.

“The cafe has been in disrepair and was an eyesore and it has been completely renovated to a high standard as have the toilet facilities in the building.

“It will be professionally managed and we believe it will offer a much needed facility for both visitors and locals alike,” he said."

http://www.northwalesweeklynews.co.uk/conwy-county-news/local-conwy-news/2011/06/16/llandudno-cafe-will-help-rehabilitate-recovering-addicts-55243-28883577/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1186 on: June 17, 2011, 08:24:51 pm »
I have spent many an hour in that cafe in my Nat Express days. It will be busy at certain times on certain days in the summer, but virtually nil in the winter. If you are a local and feel like supporting it in the lean times, DONT EVEN THINK of parking your car in the hugh expanse of empty tarmac. I fully agree that all that space is needed for coaches picking up and dropping off on a summer saturday, but that is really the only time. God help any coach driver who thinks he might park there at a quiet time, forget it unless y.ou have a deep pocket to pay the fine.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1187 on: June 17, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »
I like the final quote in that item about it being ''professionally managed''

That is one hell of a claim, and something that is in woefully short supply in the whole of the UK.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1188 on: June 18, 2011, 07:48:12 am »
 :D The sun is out,rumours flying all over the place and JD sports opens today,hey. :-*

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
« Reply #1189 on: June 19, 2011, 05:37:23 pm »
What is Llandudno like right now "Fantastic" I have just walked to St Davids College Fete and then to Conwy and back along West Shore. Yep Knackerd but what a place to live. :D

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1190 on: June 19, 2011, 06:14:01 pm »
 :) Is the project for the church on abbey rd going ahead,there seems to be a lot going on and what has happened to the golf driving range, just like the Poundstretchers signs everything has dissapeared. Z**

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1191 on: June 19, 2011, 06:25:25 pm »
According to the local 'gossip' it is to be a children's play centre called Bonkers ! :o--- Mmmm I thought that as well ! I'll believe it when I see it-- they have been mucking about for so long.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1192 on: June 20, 2011, 01:41:58 am »
I wondered why the Police helicopter and Lifeboats were active so much the last two days... now I see why.

Here... a lady missing from The Risboro hotel since Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-13829177

Have you seen her?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1193 on: June 20, 2011, 05:52:22 am »
God help any coach driver who thinks he might park there at a quiet time, forget it unless y.ou have a deep pocket to pay the fine.

I think you will find the coaches park for free in either the Old Halfords Car Park or outside the Fire Exit of Queen Elizabeth Court in C-y-D.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1194 on: June 20, 2011, 07:55:09 am »
As usual the "powers that be" welcome with open arms all visitors to the town.  The Llandudno On Street Parking Order prohibits the parking of coaches on every street in the town.   All drop-offs and pick-ups should be at the Coach park where one has to pay through the nose for the priviledge.  Unless they are delivering to an hotel.

On a Bank Holiday we can get approximately 150 coaches in a day so it is a big money earner, and there isn't even a decent toilet facility for the passengers arriving or leaving.  The new cafe, as far as I understand, has just ONE toilet.   Just imagine the state of that at the end of a day with up to 7,500 people going through the coach park!    :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1195 on: June 20, 2011, 08:16:29 am »
The new cafe, as far as I understand, has just ONE toilet. 
You're joking?!  :o

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1196 on: June 20, 2011, 08:39:49 am »
Just imagine the state of that at the end of a day with up to 7,500 people going through the coach park! 

Having said that, don't many modern coaches have their own on-board, toilets?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1197 on: June 20, 2011, 09:25:06 am »
But are passengers, Ian, allowed to flush the toilet when the coach is stationary at the station?  ?{}?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1198 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:34 am »
The new cafe, as far as I understand, has just ONE toilet. 
You're joking?!  :o

No I am not!
Just imagine the state of that at the end of a day with up to 7,500 people going through the coach park! 

Having said that, don't many modern coaches have their own on-board, toilets?

Which can get full very quickly!   And there are not many places to empty them!
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1199 on: June 20, 2011, 10:34:06 am »
 and how long did it take to do the work on that tin shed , walk past the coach park see how full it does,nt get, the council are having a sign made VISITORS NOT WELCOME  :laugh: :laugh: