Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612925 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #975 on: April 18, 2011, 01:58:41 pm »
 L0L L0L  so it wasn't you with the bagpipes then?  :D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #976 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:44 pm »
The perfect Tosser!   L0L

Caber Tossing
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline dwsi

« Reply #977 on: April 18, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »
Huge skip fire outside Llandudno Police Station tonight
http://yfrog.com/h4orhynj

Offline Trojan

« Reply #978 on: April 18, 2011, 10:27:05 pm »
Did you take those pics, Trojan?

No, I didn't take them.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #979 on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:37 pm »
No the lady with the dof plays the keyboards and Ian whatsit sings - both badly but I've got used to them and I assume that as they are nearly alweays here that they are local.  The woman singing was so loud it was awful and as for the b***** bagpuipes sounds like a cat being castrated.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #980 on: April 19, 2011, 03:21:24 pm »
Ah! That would explain why for the last couple of days our cat has been looking very concerned every time I go in the knife draw. Noise travels incredibly far round here I'm in the garden and it sounds like guy with the bagpipes is right next to me. 

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #981 on: April 19, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »
OMg Bagpipes always make me need the loo--- shall have to avoid going into Town ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #982 on: April 20, 2011, 11:42:26 am »
 ;D

Offline STDH

• St David's Hospice
    • www.stdavidshospice.org.uk
« Reply #983 on: April 20, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »
Several of the town's miscreants were caged this afternoon at the pier entrance in aid of St. Davids Hospice and were only released when they had raised enough money for the charity. Amongst those visible are the Pier Manager, Conservative AM candidate Janet Finch-Saunders, The Manager of the Imperial Hotel, The Manager of Bodyshop, The Headmaster of Ysgol San Sior, The Manager of the Afon Conwy, The Mayor of Llandudno... Fair play to them all for being sporting enough to take part.
http://www.stdavidshospice.org.uk/
Correction : The Manager of Imperial Hotel wasn't present, it was the Manager of The Marine Hotel, Llandudno ( Marcus Williams)
St David's Hospice - providing end of life care, free of charge, to adult patients from North West Wales
www.stdavidshospice.org.uk

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #984 on: April 21, 2011, 11:49:37 am »
Oh god, that over-amplified screeching woman is back.  Cuurently being blasted out of my seat in the library.  Why does no one stop her what a racket.  AND she has been singing tenor arias too.  hmm.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #985 on: April 21, 2011, 08:57:18 pm »
Apparently roadside parking in Llandudno is now absolutely FREE.   All you have to do is speak nicely to the Traffic Wardens or whatever they call them nowadays.  That is if you can find one.   Just think of a simple reason such as you are going to the loo, loading, unloading, have no change, waiting for your aged parent, left your Blue Badge at home etc etc. Any simple excuse will probably work. 

It seems that more than one of the Wardens are "unavailable" at the moment and the ones left are not too keen on punching numbers into their machines, thats just too much like hard work and can result in a severe case of repetitive finger injury..

This possibly accounts for the traffic chaos we have seen in the Town of late and a large reduction in Penalty Charge Notices.   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #986 on: April 22, 2011, 12:36:24 am »
Yorkie, are we talking about the first wave of CCBC cuts?  Is it a deliberate (but non-advertised) bonus?
Are we talking about staffing problems?   Or is it once again a case of gross mis-management.

Please elaborate.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #987 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:45 am »
Nothing to do with cuts - they wouldn't be so daft as to cut off a revenue stream would they?

Just seems that more drivers are getting away with illegal parking and Wardens are possibly turning a blind eye.    There also seems to be a slight reduction as some Wardens have not been seen on the streets for some time, maybe they have retired but then we would see their replacements.   Funny old World.    :rage:
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #988 on: April 22, 2011, 01:15:58 pm »
Currently long delays on the prom at craig y don, some poor person has been knocked over outside regency royal hotel and traffic is one lane.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #989 on: April 22, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »
Very busy indeed in Llandudno today, perfect start to the Season: