Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615752 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #900 on: April 04, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »
 ??? I have just noticed that two little cul de sac;s at the top of builders st have permits for residents parking,now i know the people of Charlton st,Jubilee st,Caroline rd ,have been trying for years because office staff and shopworkers park outside their houses all day,yet Marion place and Marion rd have been given this privilage,why? :roll:/

Yorkie

« Reply #901 on: April 04, 2011, 05:35:37 pm »
The Junction is being "attended to" so that all those folk working in the new Assembly rooms building will have a clean and pleasant environment in which to frollic and play.    Z**

Offline Paddy

« Reply #902 on: April 04, 2011, 05:44:41 pm »
??? I have just noticed that two little cul de sac;s at the top of builders st have permits for residents parking,now i know the people of Charlton st,Jubilee st,Caroline rd ,have been trying for years because office staff and shopworkers park outside their houses all day,yet Marion place and Marion rd have been given this privilage,why? :roll:/

I can only assume it must be to stop the Council workers from the depot just up the road leaving their cars there all day?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #903 on: April 04, 2011, 06:03:43 pm »
 8) Very true Paddy ,so why are the Mostyn ward streets left to put up with parking everyday,could it be certain Clls have more say on Tudno. :-\

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #904 on: April 04, 2011, 08:28:36 pm »
...what has Llandudno Junction got that other parts of the County haven't?

lots of cash? 
the signs in Penrhyn Bay are no better  :(
Merddin Emrys you are absolutely right. £400K infact
see http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=143&doc=28168&Language=1

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #905 on: April 04, 2011, 08:36:12 pm »
What I genuinely don't understand is why Llandudno Junction keeps getting singled out for special treatment. All of the pavements, street lighting, railings etc were replaced using money from Tesco back in 1997...and now yet more work gets done whilst other towns and villages in the County get nothing and havent had a penny spending on them for years - Rhos on Sea springs to mind?

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #906 on: April 04, 2011, 08:56:46 pm »
I agree, by putting all the money into the more deprived areas it means those other areas just deteriorate further.
Unless something is done to improve the more viable but still struggling areas like Llandudno, Rhos on Sea, Deganwy then all that happens is a continually downward spiral that will ultimately create more deprived areas.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #907 on: April 06, 2011, 09:24:50 pm »
 :roll:I notice a certain councillors road is having dropped curbs installed and the pavements recovered,when the likes of Caroline road has been completly ignored,but i supose that is why he gets the votes on his ward . :rage:

Yorkie

« Reply #908 on: April 06, 2011, 09:28:50 pm »
Are you talking about Councillor Philip Evans?   Who presides over one of the most deprived wards in the whole of Wales, where he has been a Councillor for over 30 years!

Maybe he thinks that a few dropped kerbs will help to engraciate himself with the voters who have been let down during those years.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #909 on: April 07, 2011, 11:05:02 am »
'Hitler’ threat to Jewish ex-lover
by Dan Beavan, DPW West Apr 7 2011

A MAN accused of threatening to disfigure his Jewish ex-partner shouted “Heil Hitler” as he was led from the dock in court yesterday.

Stephen Murray, 29, of Parc Bodnant, Llandudno, pleaded guilty at Prestatyn magistrates’ court to two offences of breaching a restraining order prohibiting him from approaching his former partner Ashleigh Terry.

ŠProsecutor Nia Lloyd said on April 4 and April 6 Murray sent her menacing text messages.

In one message he said: “I am back, I am back. Heil Hitler” and in another he told her: “I’m going to shave your head and draw noughts and crosses on your ugly Jewish face with my trusty blade Geronimo”.

He also wrote: “You can’t restrain the Luftwaffe with a restraining order”.

Murray also admitted 12 offences of causing criminal damage after slashing the tyres of cars on the road where Ms Terry’s mum and sister lived.

Simon Sargent, defending, described the whole incident as “regrettable” but stressed that no violence had occurred.

He was committed to Mold Crown Court for sentence.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2011/04/07/hitler-threat-to-jewish-ex-lover-55578-28475115/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #910 on: April 07, 2011, 07:44:39 pm »
The building at the bottom of Mostyn Street that used to house the Wonderllandudno gift shop has been bought by Mostyn Estates who are renovating and redecorating.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #911 on: April 08, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »
There's a boat in trouble out in the Bay, the Lifeboat has just gone out to rescue it.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #912 on: April 08, 2011, 05:31:04 pm »
There's a boat in trouble out in the Bay, the Lifeboat has just gone out to rescue it.

This rescue seems to be taking a long time.  ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #913 on: April 08, 2011, 05:41:13 pm »
Nah, the Lifeboat attached a line to the boat in distress (which was not far from the pierhead) and towed it off in the direction of Conwy after about 10 mins.  $good$

Yorkie

« Reply #914 on: April 08, 2011, 09:05:42 pm »
Tomorrow is Grand National Day.   A good Tip with a local connection is:

OSCAR TIME
Worth chancng a quid or so!     L0L

My tip is BIG FELLA THANKS