Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613398 times)

brumbob

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #885 on: April 02, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »
A picture that must have been taken a million times
but you still made it look good  $good$

Yorkie

« Reply #886 on: April 02, 2011, 07:46:27 pm »
I would certainly be interested in listening to Yorkie's suggestion if he is prepared to share it with us.
I shall endeavour to commit it to a graphic format (a picture) and then post a scan to the Forum.  Give me a day or so.   ZXZ

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #887 on: April 02, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »
I can't wait.   *&(

:cyclist40: :cyclist40: :cyclist40: :cyclist40: :cyclist40: :cyclist40: :cyclist40: 

Offline Trojan

« Reply #888 on: April 03, 2011, 02:03:52 am »
Welcome to the forum, Waf

Welcome back Waffagolf.....long time no see.  8)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #889 on: April 03, 2011, 09:14:23 am »
Ian, I was not suggesting pedestrianisation.

I know.  I mentioned it only as an example of how narrow interests often prevent changes for the better in the town.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #890 on: April 03, 2011, 10:54:20 am »
We had a great time yesterday in Venue Cymru,  we went for a walk in the morning and when I was going past VC I remembered that David Dickinson was there with the team from 'Dickinson's Real Deal' so we popped in for a quick look. There were not many people there and we watched a few deals being done and retake after retake! There are 4 separate dealers sections, each with it's own film crew, several times we were required as extras in the background, afterwards we were rewarded with free coffee & food (no entrance fee either, right up my boulevard  ;D ) After about an hour and a half we thought lets go home and find something to sell, so after a quick sandwich at home (I eat a lot :laugh:) we returned clutching valuable antiques ;)  we had our items looked at and 2 were selected to be filmed for the show, the first was an enamelled sign (Lyon's Tea) that I had bought for a tenner about 3 years ago at a car boot, Helen was doing the on screen bit and the dealer offered £60  :o  D) Helen turned to me in the background and asked if that was ok, I nodded in agreement (in my head I was screaming 'YES, YES!!! ) That was a good result!  Our other item was filmed also with er indoors but the offer was not enough so on the 28th April it's off to Morgan Evans,  Anglesey  for auction, we had a good chat with the auctioneer afterwards and we will be putting a few other items into the same auction  D)
In all a great day, cost nowt and a good earner too, David Dickinson is a total professional, going form dealer to dealer filming different deals, he was good to talk to too!                 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #891 on: April 03, 2011, 11:01:25 am »
that sounds great,  will watch out for it on the box! *&(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #892 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:25 am »
It may well be around 4 months before they show it, I believe they will make 4 shows from the filming on Saturday.
I forgot to mention that they filmed a piece on Punch and Judy whilst we were there .

brumbob

« Reply #893 on: April 03, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »
Great result Andy, let us know nearer the date of broadcast

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #894 on: April 03, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »
 :()Ihave just got back from a weekend in Liverpool so decided to pop down to Llanrhos cemetry and put some flowers on Mums grave,it was very busy and i was shocked to see the place looking such a mess.I do go on  regular visits and will admit it normally is well kept,but to think it is mothers day and the CCBC did not check the place out is not very nice. ¢¢##

brumbob

« Reply #895 on: April 03, 2011, 05:08:43 pm »
The Registrar and his staff can be contacted regarding any crematorium or cemetery matter on 01492 544677

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #896 on: April 03, 2011, 06:28:19 pm »
 :( Im not really trying to make an issue out of this as the cemetry normally is very well kept its just the thought of hundreds visiting there today on what must be the buisiest day for visits that the CCBC did not cut the grass or empty the bins on friday. :'(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #897 on: April 03, 2011, 07:14:16 pm »
Whilst passing through Llandudno Junction today, I noticed that all the street nameplates had been replaced with fancy new ones, even ones on alleyways!

Sadly, Llandudno itself hasn't had any new ones in yonks, just look at the state of them (see pic below). I'll ask the same question again...what has Llandudno Junction got that other parts of the County haven't? Answers on a postcard please to Mike Priestley, the Cabinet Member for the Environment, c/o his Llandudno Junction ward....

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #898 on: April 03, 2011, 07:27:02 pm »
There's a building plot for sale on Llys Helig Drive - see attached plan (Plot is in yellow, Old Abbey is in red to aid identification). Offers over £700,000.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #899 on: April 03, 2011, 07:38:07 pm »
...what has Llandudno Junction got that other parts of the County haven't?

lots of cash? 
the signs in Penrhyn Bay are no better  :(