Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613895 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #585 on: January 25, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »
That big double fronted shop on Madoc Street that was formerly an estate agents (Was it Reeds Rains?) is now the new offices for Cartrefi Conwy.
It was Reeds Rains (formerly Ball & Boyd for years). Good to see such a large vacant shop occupied.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #586 on: January 25, 2011, 08:10:12 pm »
Managed to find time to pop into Llandudno Library for a nose today. Have to say it is looking very smart, a credit to the town.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #587 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:41 pm »
 :(  Walking the dog again tonight through town and there is NOTHING to do,no reason for anyone to come into the town center.Okay,drink,eat and bet,i think the libary was open but that was it.I noticed Oscar praiseing Parc llandudno ,that's fine at least you can go for a coffee but the town center dead.I know we cannot force a cinema into town and it would not b e viable with the Junction being there so i have no idea how Llandudno town center can ever attract people back after six without drink being involved. ZXZ

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #588 on: January 27, 2011, 09:44:04 pm »
January and February are pretty dismal months in Llandudno Wrex...

But....today, I have had a couple of pints,  stuffed my face,  and won a few bob in the bookies..... beats walking the dog if you ask me!   L0L L0L
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #589 on: January 27, 2011, 09:46:59 pm »
It was the same in Rhyl last Thursday very quiet, few people about, no events at all. Managed to find a cafe open  at 6pm rather than a pub - it closed at 6.30, but I did find out that they now have a street market there every Thursday and Saturday and the cafe had been quite busy during the day (on the street where Wilkinsons is)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #590 on: January 27, 2011, 09:50:31 pm »
January and February are pretty dismal months in Llandudno Wrex...
I like being able to walk across Mostyn Street at this time of year almost without having to look if there's any cars coming because its so quiet.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:07 pm »
Hey Dave-- watch out for cyclists--one sailed out very quietly in front of my car this morning--completely oblivious of anything. Pity I had a large tray of eggs on the front seat. Omelettes anyone? _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #592 on: January 27, 2011, 10:36:30 pm »
we were in Mostyn Street this afternoon and I thought how quiet it was, also saw several empty shops and had a quick look at the fishy foot nibbling shop, I wasn't surprised to see no customers, I can't see it lasting long somehow.  Then we looked in WH Smiths at the magazines, I've not bought one for ages but was shocked to see the average price is around £4 :o So many similar magazines covering the same subjects, I can't see them all lasting this recession  ¢¢##                                                                 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #593 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:53 pm »
Recession Merddin?  We've had that.... it came after the Credit Crunch.... and the banks bale out.

Now we are sliding into something much worse..... Z@@
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #594 on: January 27, 2011, 10:50:31 pm »
well yes, as you know I have another phrase that covers those fancy names, 'we're in the s*** '  ¢¢##

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #595 on: January 28, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #596 on: January 28, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #597 on: February 03, 2011, 10:49:17 pm »
A little riddle. (with feeling) When is a roadside Grit Bin dangerous? Answer. When the council can't be bothered to fill it or remove it, the wind gets up and it keeps blowing into the middle of oncoming traffic. Pathetic!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:16:24 am by TheMedz »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #598 on: February 04, 2011, 12:33:00 am »
Its WILD in the old town tonight...

Mrs Fester and I left The Cross Keys and The Asia at around 11.30. and I took the following 2 pictures.
They are from my phone, and the weather was atrocious.
1st Picture shows the tall hexagonal wooden advertisement hoarding on the Prom ripped from its base, and rolling around.
You can clearly see the base it has become detached from...

2nd picture is the lit signage from the Cumberland Hotel totally destroyed tonight.

I apologise for the quality...

Fester...

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #599 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:20 am »
Its WILD in the old town tonight...

1st Picture shows the tall hexagonal wooden advertisement hoarding on the Prom ripped from its base, and rolling around.
You can clearly see the base it has become detached from...

It's quite normal for that sign to be blown over Fester. In any sort of a blow you'll find it rolling around the prom. Its happened at least 3 times before just in the time I've lived on North Parade. I hope the Council has the budget to get it repaired, otherwise we'll never know what’s on at Venue Cymru
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)