Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2614186 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8400 on: March 05, 2021, 03:29:32 pm »
And up early this morning for breakfast at the St. Georges......... https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19134927.cheeky-mountain-goats-head-st-georges-hotel-llandudno-breakfast/

This is the ongoing direct result of CCBC's failure to act as responsible custodian's of the Cashmere Goats. It's obvious that in the Winter there is insufficient fodder on the Orme to support the heard but no supplementary feed is supplied. As a result each evening Gardens all over Gogarth are plundered by the beasts. If they were in the care of a private owner the RSPCA would have had them in Court a long time ago for Neglect and Animal Cruelty. 

Agreed, however "they (the town herd) don't come down each evening" their home base is now around the convent/Gogarth area, they no longer go back up the Orme, and as Dave's photo shows they are spreading their territory and the herd is getting bigger,  there has been a couple of FB reports of two car accidents involving the goats resulting in injury, to most they are a cute distraction, however after putting up with  the constant damage and smell left behind the cuteness wears off, as for animal neglect, more FB reports of injured/limping goats causing concern, not forgetting no contraceptive measures for two years, I appreciate this years difficulties, but the problem cannot be ignored for the animals sake.

I believe Bristol are going to re-home a few after covid restrictions are lifted, and I think more needs to be done along these lines.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8401 on: March 05, 2021, 09:25:13 pm »
Some of the goats I saw recently had their bones prominent, they looked to be starving.
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #8402 on: March 06, 2021, 09:51:56 am »
At last...........a sensible post about the goats! The damage, smell and mess can be indescribable. anyone, apart from an odd one that seems to think they are wonderful, who lives in the area that Steve has described can verify what it is like to get up in the morning and find yet another damaged wall and decimated plants, let alone the task of sweeping away the excrement.
As an animal lover I can see the attraction, novelty and 'cuteness', but think of the poor goats, speeding drivers don't care, they just carry on like lunatics. More and more will become injured and CCBC, Mostyns and whoever else don't seem to care. It is time some fodder was placed for them back on the Orme. These are not domestic animals and need to be encouraged to go back where they are safe.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Dave

« Reply #8403 on: March 06, 2021, 08:55:44 pm »
It's time to beef up security.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8404 on: March 18, 2021, 09:37:40 am »
NEW bins are being installed across Conwy county.                  ref Pioneer
A total of 140 bins will be upgraded.

The new bins have a 360 litre capacity, compared to the standard 180 litre for most of the older bins, and allow for easier emptying.

Older bins on Mostyn Street in Llandudno and the prom have already been replaced.

It is hoped the waste containers will help reduce the risk of litter overflowing or falling out and are ready for when the tourism sector is unlocked and visitors are able to return.

Offline Dave

« Reply #8405 on: March 18, 2021, 10:29:58 am »
All very well having bigger bins and it's a benefit if they can be emptied easier too but it won't make that much difference to the litter on our streets and public places.
Hidden cameras and punitive fines are the answer in my opinion. The amount of fast food junk dropped out of cars is frightening, hide some cameras along the A470 , around Marine Drive, our parking spots and then you might deter those who have no regard for our countryside and find no use for bins.

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?....More goat stories ! !
« Reply #8406 on: March 20, 2021, 09:59:52 am »
Welsh seaside town of Llandudno invaded by goats causing chaos - but most love(D) them
 Who you gonna call...? Goatbusters! Llandudno in Wales is under siege by brazen Kashmiri goats who descended in lockdown and show no signs of moving - and locals are beginning to tire of the silly billies...

Full story and photos   https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/llandudno-under-siege-goats-cause-23761795?IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline paulsh1

« Reply #8407 on: March 31, 2021, 12:13:06 pm »
Yes! Noticed they have been testing the tram out!

First time I've seen it move in over a year!

Looking promising!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8408 on: April 01, 2021, 10:12:43 am »
A HSBC branch will temporarily close as work is carried out to turn it into a counterless service.

The international bank said its Llandudno branch will be fitted with self-service machines and staff members will be in store to provide advice on how to use them.

It forms part of the HSBC restructure to set up Digital Service Banks, which provide traditional banking transactions using self-service technology.

The change is expected to be made on July 5 with the branch due to close for one week after that date whilst work is carried out. Customers will be given four weeks' notice ahead of the closure.

cont   https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19200974.hsbc-llandudno-next-bank-branch-affected-shift-towards-online-banking/

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #8409 on: April 01, 2021, 03:45:38 pm »
It does not seem very long ago, it was set up like it is now?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8410 on: April 08, 2021, 10:05:00 am »
 ;)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8411 on: April 08, 2021, 10:31:24 am »
They would have done in my garden this morning, my 2 small Acers and all the roses are now without leaves. Cute? not bl###y likely.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8412 on: April 08, 2021, 12:47:08 pm »
Yesterday our puppy Teddy had been a naughty boy in the garden but when Mrs H came back from shopping she had bought him a Yak's milk chew so we gave it him so that we could have a quiet life
He absolutely loved the chew and took it out into our back garden to enjoy but when we called him in to the house he came in without the chew and just as we were going out to retrieve it we were beaten to it by a large Seagull that swooped down and flew off with it

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8413 on: April 08, 2021, 03:23:36 pm »
Our daughter has 2 huge dogs, one of which is a Caucasian mountain dog which weighs 9 stones. She buys 'natural ' treats for them mail order. If you are interested I could ask her for the details-- that is if you fancy various animal parts !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8414 on: April 12, 2021, 12:25:47 pm »
Thanks very much for your kind offer Nemesis, it's really appreciated.    At the moment though I'll see how he gets on with the Yak chews and other treats we have for him as he's hyper enough as it is and I wouldn't like him to get any worse if we alter his diet a bit.
Today I'm putting up a higher fence as he can get over the one in the photo and hope that my effort works.