Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615074 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8370 on: December 20, 2020, 05:43:48 pm »
Just an add on to my last post:-

Q          Can I travel to see people at Christmas?

Travel is not permitted in, out or around Wales unless it is essential - except on Christmas Day - so for things like education, childcare, providing care or work when you cannot work from home.

Why can't people follow a simple instruction?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8371 on: December 21, 2020, 11:19:40 am »
I suspect it's because the instructions aren't as simple as they should be. The single-person exception is a good example; the Welsh gov. page of instructions reveal this quite starkly:

"You should only be outside of your home for very limited reasons, which include:

the need to obtain supplies and services for you or your household, for example food, medicine, and essential household maintenance. We encourage everyone to make this as infrequently as possible
    to exercise, alone or with members of your household or support bubble. We encourage this to be done locally.
    to access childcare and education
    to access medical services
    to access public services
    to deposit and withdraw money from a bank or similar establishment
    to provide care for or to help a vulnerable person; this includes getting food or medicines for them
    to help the NHS by donating blood
    for work purposes, or voluntary or charitable purposes, but only where it is not reasonably practicable to do this from home
    to visit a cemetery, burial ground or garden of remembrance to pay your respects
    to attend a place of worship
    to attend a wedding, civil partnership or funeral if you are invited
    to attend court or meet other legal obligations, or to vote
    to escape a risk of illness or injury, such as for victims or people at risk of domestic abuse
    to access services provided to victims of crime or domestic abuse or those at imminent risk of becoming victims

Whenever you leave home, you should try to minimise time spent outside of the home, and ensure you stay at least 2 metres away from anyone you don’t live with or are in a permitted support bubble with.

Can I form an extended household?

No, you cannot form an extended household at alert level 4. The only exception to this is if you are an adult living alone or are in a household with a single responsible adult, you can form a support bubble with one other household.

For more information on what is meant by a single responsible adult, please see our guidance on seeing people in private homes."

There are roughly fifty 'exceptions' to the rules, and without those exceptions society would stop functioning. But while I'm not  defending the irresponsible selfish and thoughtless, I can see why some are having difficulties in following the regulations.

Having said that, I see that France has now stopped aircraft, shipping and the Channel Tunnel from operating. I think Elvis had it right.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #8372 on: December 21, 2020, 01:43:07 pm »
Ian - could you post the link for this. We are interested in the exception for the cemetery. Thanks

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8373 on: December 21, 2020, 03:34:50 pm »
The entire document is here, Phil
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8374 on: December 23, 2020, 11:08:31 am »
Wizz Air,  has that anything to do with you Norman08 ?        ;D

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/wizz-air-announces-new-routes-19510478

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8375 on: December 26, 2020, 01:10:45 pm »
If I see anywhere else how 'cute' people think these b****dy goats are I 'd like them to come and clear up the mess I have just dealt with. Somehow they must have got in, we have a fence with spikes, a heavy closed gate and stone walls. The whole place was littered with stinking droppings and half chewed branches. Grrrrrr.........I know this isn't much compared to the world situation, but really it is time that there was some control over them.        Rant over !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8376 on: December 26, 2020, 02:41:56 pm »
I drove down to the West Shore today and it was cold there with a 40/50 mph south west wind blowing,    It was nice seeing quite a few people walking about  and I even saw four people in the water going for a Boxing Day swim.
It was too cold for me to get out of the car and probably too cold for those Goats too as I couldn't see any about.

Perhaps they had gone back to Nemesis place for lunch!        &shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8377 on: December 26, 2020, 06:03:51 pm »
 >?>??
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8378 on: December 27, 2020, 10:01:44 am »
The most iconic moments of 2020 from the Harwich Standard ! Llandudno goats are mentioned, sorry Nem

2020 has been a year like no other and for many of us it is one we will want to put behind us.

The year has been full of highs and lows with incredible scientific breakthroughs and human connection being reimagined.

We've taken a look back at some of the most iconic moments of the year:

https://www.harwichandmanningtreestandard.co.uk/news/18968874.iconic-moments-2020/?ref=rss

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?............Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #8379 on: January 20, 2021, 10:34:27 am »
I think this is wishful thinking, even with a perfect vaccine roll out, the recovery is going to be a long process.

Committee hope to host Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza in 2021 if restrictions allow  ref Pioneer

EARLY preparations are being made ahead of the Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza, in the hope it can go ahead.

The committee said they are "fully prepared" to proceed with the event if government restrictions allow.

A statement on Facebook read: "We have been getting lots of messages asking if the 2021 Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza will be going ahead. The committee are fully prepared to proceed with the event if the climate allows the government to lift restrictions on events such as ours.

"We are fully aware many of you will be wanting to book travel and accommodation based on our decision and hopefully we will have a clearer picture by the end of February.

"We will keep you posted on any relevant information please bear with us and thank you for your support."

The event, which was established more than 30 years ago and normally takes place on the first May bank holiday weekend each year, was cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic.

The festival celebrates Llandudno’s Victorian heritage, bringing a display of traditional entertainment, parades and exhibits to the town.

The event usually see thousands of people descend on the town.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8380 on: January 23, 2021, 11:31:51 am »
Work to transform empty part of Llandudno station into 'one stop shop' gets started
Transport for Wales and the Welsh Government are behind the renovation project

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/work-transform-empty-part-llandudno-19639737

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8381 on: January 23, 2021, 11:44:07 am »
I've just had a look at the West Shore web cam and the weather there looks awful and only one car parked in that car park,
It has started snowing again in Colwyn Heights and my neighbour has already cleared his drive twice.   I'm not bothering to clear my drive yet as I am staying put and won't be going anywhere today

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8382 on: January 23, 2021, 05:33:35 pm »
It bucked up later down there Infact it felt quite warm, few youngsters even had a dip 😂😂, I said was that good through chattering teeth yes 😅☃❄️

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now? Acting the goat ! !
« Reply #8383 on: January 24, 2021, 11:48:18 am »
A guesthouse owner had a shock when an uninvited visitor arrived in the middle of the night.

Tracey Zbinden was asleep at Belle Vue House Holiday Apartments in Llandudno when she heard strange noises outside her bedroom at 2am.

As the North Parade accommodation is closed during lockdown, she suspected an intruder was creeping up the stairs.

Instead she came face to face with a goggle-eyed goat looking for something tasty to munch.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/llandudno-goats-took-over-town-19665818

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8384 on: January 26, 2021, 05:19:31 pm »
A WHISKY distillery and visitor centre in Llandudno has launched its recruitment process.

As the renovation of the Old Board School building on Lloyd Street enters its final stages, Penderyn are now recruiting for the first of several posts created by the development.

Penderyn were granted planning permission in August 2020 to restore and convert the former school into a distillery and visitor centre.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19040030.penderyn-now-recruiting-llandudno-distillery-visitor-centre-nears-completion/