Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613718 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8340 on: October 27, 2020, 10:06:59 am »
Looks as though being infected once doesn't produce long-lasting immunity, either.

I hope that those mainly middle aged protesters on the Prom on Sunday realise that there is no immunity to stupidity either         &shake&

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8341 on: October 27, 2020, 03:34:18 pm »
Trouble is Hugo those idiots that organised the protest didn't have the bottle to stand up, a German and the idiot from Bangor spouted, they didn't get any support on FB.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #8342 on: October 27, 2020, 03:52:15 pm »
Studies have found that people start shedding the Covid-19 virus particles about two days before they start showing symptoms. There are people who never experience Covid-19 symptoms at all but still have it & shed the virus. These super spreaders circulate unknowingly infecting others, this is why wearing a mask is so important. It's unbelievable that these people who refuse to wear a mask call it tyranny to be forced to wear one, how callous & irresponsible they are. But one explanation by experts as to why they are possibly like this is, it can be a sign they have serious anti social personality disorder, enough said!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8343 on: October 27, 2020, 04:37:55 pm »
Meleri. you could be correct about  it being a sign they have serious anti social personality disorders,    my initial thoughts were that they had been let out for the weekend.
The woman who had been taking selfies of herself previously, obviously doesn't understand why people are choosing to wear face masks and the guy seems to want to abolish everything bar the Covid
The only placard that made any sense whatsoever was the one the lady in a red coat carried " We are being lied to"       We have been lied to by Boris from the start, but we now have to work together and party politics shouldn't come into a thing as serious as this pandemic

Norman, that idiot from Bangor should have stayed in Bangor and how many more regulations do they need to break before the Police do something positive.      The Police have a difficult job to do but if the meeting goes ahead in November then the Police have no excuse other than to take enforcement action whether that is by way of fines or arrests and disperse any spectators
Good to hear that there was no support from FB

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8344 on: October 27, 2020, 06:44:22 pm »
The woman in red is correct. But that's what conspiracy sites do...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8345 on: October 28, 2020, 12:59:55 pm »
Hugos quote ´............I hope that those mainly middle aged protesters on the Prom on Sunday realise that there is no immunity to stupidity either 

Seven yesterday and 37 announced this morning...

There have been 37 newly-recorded coronavirus deaths in the past day, it has been announced.

Counsel general Jeremy Miles announced the figure during the Welsh Government coronavirus briefing on Wednesday ahead of Public Health Wales formally announcing the figure in the latest cases and deaths announcement at 2pm.

During the briefing Mr Miles said while 1,207 new Covid-19 cases had been confirmed and announced on Tuesday "this reflects positive tests; the real number will be much higher".   ref Walesonline

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8346 on: October 28, 2020, 02:30:40 pm »
Yesterday when I had signed in to the forum I looked at the names of the members that were online and had to look at one twice.   The name was Yorkie and it made me think of the old Yorkie ( RIP )   Over the years he gave me a number of good tips and was very competitive  on the quizzes too.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8347 on: October 28, 2020, 03:10:27 pm »
Yesterday when I had signed in to the forum I looked at the names of the members that were online and had to look at one twice.   The name was Yorkie and it made me think of the old Yorkie ( RIP )   Over the years he gave me a number of good tips and was very competitive  on the quizzes too.
I noticed that to, also White Rabbit, who I hope is safe and well.

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?...Tudno Castle Hotel site.
« Reply #8348 on: November 03, 2020, 11:57:43 am »
A REVISED planning application will be drawn-up for the redevelopment of Llandudno's former Tudno Castle Hotel site.

Tudno Developments Ltd, a part of Opus Land (North) are behind the development plans.

In March 2018, planning permission was obtained for the hotels redevelopment into a 63-bed hotel, three restaurants, two retail units and a gym along with the recreation of the buildings listed façade.

Since then, the operator requirements have changed due to economic changes in the market. As a result, further changes are now required in order to provide a further 27 hotel rooms helping to further support the tourist industry in Llandudno.

The new development will comprise of a 90-bedroom hotel, one restaurant and three retail/restaurant units and a gym/business unit.

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18842337.revised-planning-application-will-drawn-up-redevelopment-llandudnos-former-tudno-castle-hotel-site/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8349 on: November 03, 2020, 01:04:24 pm »
No surprises there then Steve,  but I have to admit that the building looks good and is a vast improvement on the old building that it replaced

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #8350 on: November 04, 2020, 02:53:44 pm »
No surprises there then Steve,  but I have to admit that the building looks good and is a vast improvement on the old building that it replaced

Which makes an absolute nonsense of Conwy Planners, insisting the Pier Pavilion design, had to be modern and could not mimic the design of the Grade II Listed Victorian Buildings, in a Conservation Area, that surround the sight. Why the Double Standard?
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8351 on: November 04, 2020, 04:22:42 pm »
I've recently watched a live screening of a controversial planning application and I'm speechless at the result and what little faith I had in the Planning Committee has now gone completely.
An absolute farce but it's not an amusing farce as the implications of their decision making will be with us for ever

They come down heavily on double glazed UPVC windows but allow an eyesore to be built in that same area and do not insist that the developer contributes to the affordable homes in lieu of not putting affordable homes on the site
In fact Waldron did not pay any contribution for his site at Glan Conwy and those houses were certainly not affordable.
What on earth is going on behind the scenes?

My fears are also for the two shores in Llandudno and the infamous building site at the former Penmorfa Hotel.   I dread to think of what Anwyl have in store for the town and may try to take advantage of the CCBC's inconsistencies       &shake&

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8352 on: November 04, 2020, 06:25:29 pm »
Garth Court Flats ???????? How ever that was passed I don't know.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #8353 on: November 05, 2020, 03:00:41 pm »
Garth Court Flats? How ever that was passed I don't know.

Built in the 60's before there were any planning restrictions in place Nem, after Butlins sold off the Grand Hotels Car Park, which you used to access via Water Lane off Old Road.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8354 on: November 05, 2020, 05:22:43 pm »
Butlins have a lot to answer for !It really stands out like a sore thumb !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.