Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2612278 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8295 on: August 28, 2020, 11:01:15 am »
That's not funny, though; there are some disturbed people around. Did it happen just out of the blue?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #8296 on: August 28, 2020, 02:52:52 pm »
That's not justice Fester and it shouldn't be acceptable.     That off duty Policeman was the perfect witness for you and it seems that he followed the correct procedure so why didn't the case progress
I'm sorry for what you have been through but I feel sorry for that Policeman too.    He's done everything by the book so that should be enough to get a prosecution but what I expect has happened is that either his Sgt or the CPS has put a stop to it.
The ordinary Bobby is operating with their hands tied behind their backs and it should be stopped to prevent the culprits getting away with criminal actions.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8297 on: August 28, 2020, 03:16:07 pm »
Fester, Sorry to hear about your experiences, not one piece of good news in the whole thing, glad you are OK.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8298 on: August 28, 2020, 09:59:53 pm »
I’m fine guys, I was fine within a few days.
It happened pretty much out of the blue, after an exchange of only a couple stray looks whilst stuck in traffic on the Orme.
The same thing happened when my car was badly damaged by another vehicle driving past during the night.
The cops visited my neighbour, took his CCTV, and correlated that with the Tramway CCTV.
I waited three months, until my insurance renewal.
After getting passed around various police departments, they told me they had dropped the case, and I should have been told two months ago.
This is why I have zero faith in anything the police do or say these days.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8299 on: August 30, 2020, 04:14:11 pm »
I've got a lot of sympathy for you Fester and can understand your grievance about justice.        Some time ago an elderly lady was knocked down on a pedestrian crossing in the grounds of Llandudno Hospital and sustained a broken leg and as a result had to be admitted to hospital.  The driver got out of the car but then drove off immediately.
 The accident was reported in all the local papers and about a month later I phoned the Police just to see if they had caught anyone and the Police Officer asked me if I did it!
The hit and run driver was a grey haired woman in her 60's and was wearing a purple coloured Parka and driving a small purple car and all this was reported in the paper     With all the IT,  CCTV  etc at their disposal they should have been able to find the driver within days as the chances are that she was local and visiting someone in hospital

Having said all that you and the lady suffered physical and traumatic injuries but  I read in an article this week about a verbal row between two people over a parking dispute.    The Welsh lady told her English male neighbour to " go back where you came from you dirty immigrant"
Welshpool magistrates ordered the woman to pay £972.00   
All lives matter but people should be treated equally

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #8300 on: August 30, 2020, 04:25:52 pm »
Absolute gridlock outside at the moment and has been for over an hour. An elderly lady collapsed on the pavement just where Mr Waldron wants to put the entrance to his Pavilion development. Once the Ambulance drew-up there was only room for small cars to squeeze by and we very quickly ran out of them leaving the new breed of oversized monsters backed-up as far as the eye can see in both directions. The mass of walking visitors were a sight to behold as they threaded their way through the stationary traffic because the ambulance crew treating the casualty blocked the entire walkway. Now our Planners want to approve the Pavilion Development new entrance way! right in the middle of all this chaos. absolute madness You can still write in to object to the latest planning application changes and even if you don't the letters others have submitted are well worth a read.  https://www.conwy.gov.uk/en/Resident/Planning-Building-Control-and-Conservation/Planning-Applications/Planning-Explorer.aspx click on Search for Planning Applications online, under  Search Criteria go down to site address and type in LL30 2LP. its on page one  under 0/47388 and 0/47389
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8301 on: August 31, 2020, 03:22:00 pm »
Quite a few people got caught out by the Victoria centre car park timetable.     ))*         :-[                                     ref FB

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #8302 on: August 31, 2020, 07:10:13 pm »
10:30am–5:30pm
Victoria Centre Car Park, Sunday hours

Offline Dave

« Reply #8303 on: August 31, 2020, 08:21:23 pm »
Madness. The council is clueless when it comes to tourism. Private enterprise and the cabin lift and boat trips still running until 7.00pm, no doubt the summit cafe on the Orme shut early. The tram hasn't made an appearance at all of course.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #8304 on: September 01, 2020, 02:09:02 am »
Dave, yesterday I took a walk into town to treat myself to a breakfast.

It was a beautiful morning with plenty of visitors around at 9am.

Remember it was Bank Holiday Monday.

Unbelievably, there were cafes who serve breakfast that do not open until 9.30am with a couple of cafes that do not actually open until 10am.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8305 on: September 01, 2020, 11:31:30 am »
 I was surprised they stopped the trams operating.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8306 on: September 01, 2020, 01:13:43 pm »
I was surprised they stopped the trams operating.

Conwy CBC at its best !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #8307 on: September 02, 2020, 07:14:12 am »
The state of the rubbish bin outside the Law Courts Gawd !!! Looks like it's not been emptyed for weeks.

Offline Bri Roberts

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8309 on: September 02, 2020, 12:23:34 pm »
Yes Bri, we need to report things more often.    It may be that the authorities don't know about certain problems so we need to bring it to their attention.       $good$