Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2615364 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8220 on: March 09, 2020, 11:40:39 am »
I got the impression they were doing circuits, around West Shore, and up past Ysgol San Sior on Church Walks ?

and down the prom and back.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?. ..... Labour Party conference cancelled
« Reply #8221 on: March 15, 2020, 10:45:02 am »
FIRST Minister of Wales Mark Drakeford has issued a statement on the coronavirus outbreak.

“I know that many of you are worried about the global Coronavirus outbreak as it begins to gather pace Wales.

part of the article
“I have decided to cancel the Welsh Labour Party conference in Llandudno at the end of March, to make sure Welsh Government Ministers are available to deal with the coronavirus outbreak at all times.

cont..  https://www.tivysideadvertiser.co.uk/news/18305281.coronavirus-first-ministers-statement/?ref=rss

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #8222 on: March 31, 2020, 01:57:19 pm »
'Llandudno Goat Town' was mentioned by Dr Hilary Jones on the Lorraine programme. It showed a clip of the rampaging goats running amok around the streets of Llandudno eating everything in site. Lorraine commented "these wee gorgeous things can go where they like now". Sorry I can't put a link on for you all to watch, perhaps some kind member of the forum could put the link on.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8223 on: March 31, 2020, 02:00:02 pm »
Hugo has posted it thanks. Wee gorgeous things??? Great smelly beasts more like.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Meleri

« Reply #8224 on: March 31, 2020, 02:13:42 pm »
Thanks Nemesis, they are indeed wee smelly beasts.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8225 on: April 02, 2020, 11:09:22 am »

Offline Meleri

« Reply #8226 on: April 02, 2020, 02:06:24 pm »
It beggars belief Hugo, pure evil. Let's hope they name them & shame them, people won't forget this for a very long time especially if they are cars owned by people working in the vital services  &shake&

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #8227 on: April 02, 2020, 02:46:47 pm »
In the current climate it wouldn't surprise me if they got custodial sentences. And rightly so.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8228 on: April 03, 2020, 04:27:31 pm »
What on earth makes people behave like idiots?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tyres-slashed-more-20-cars-18027027

Two men have been charged with causing damage to 36 different vehicles in Llandudno.

North Wales Police said Jason Lang, 42, from Llandudno has been charged with three counts of theft, possession of a pointed article in a public place and criminal damage to 37 motor vehicles in Llandudno.

Benjamin Hughes, 25, also from Llandudno was charged with criminal damage to 37 vehicles.

Both were remanded in custody to appear before court today.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/two-men-charged-causing-damage-18035521

Offline Dave

« Reply #8229 on: April 11, 2020, 08:46:13 pm »
Anybody know why the air ambulance dropped in to Blind Veterans yesterday?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8230 on: April 15, 2020, 10:49:49 am »
Coronavirus: Rough sleepers to be housed in cabins in town hall car park
Conwy Council has introduced its emergency accommodation measures as local authorities told to protect homeless during Covid-19 outbreak.

The small number of homeless people that Conwy Council have not yet been able to accommodate will be given a cabin on Llandudno Town Hall car park.            cont.    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/coraonvirus-rough-sleepers-housed-cabins-18089609

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8231 on: April 15, 2020, 03:45:51 pm »
This morning, on our way to the chemist, I noticed some of said cabins on a huge lorry and also a crane in the Mostyn Broadway coach park.

Just a question. Who will be responsible for cleaning, toilet emptying and other housekeeping jobs? Considering that the public toilets are mainly shut, the people who do such an important job will be assigned elsewhere.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8232 on: April 15, 2020, 05:46:32 pm »
They'll probably ask for volunteers Nemesis,   would you be interested in doing it?                    $fan$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #8233 on: April 15, 2020, 06:33:58 pm »
In a word Hugo NO. Just at the moment I couldn't actually walk so far. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8234 on: April 16, 2020, 07:48:02 am »
On a serious side Nemesis if the plan is effective then Social workers should be assigned to them to try and get them help for the future with more permanent accommodation, that's of course if they will accept the offer of help given as not all of them do.
We should look after our own people who are not as fortunate as us

On a different but similar note I listened to a man an woman who were speaking on behalf of over 300 illegal women immigrants who were being held in detention centres.       They said that the women should be released into the community and be found suitable accommodation where they could self isolate and be provided with Social workers to look after their needs

It's a mad mad world