Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613788 times)

Yorkie

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #555 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:47 pm »
Point.  Mr G wants the building for a Commercial venture.
He is aware of the present structure and condition and what will need doing to make it suitable for his purpose.
I presume that he has worked out the viability of the venture and what period over which he will need to amortise his initial investment.
Consequently I can only see it as a typical commercial risk that he must take on his own shoulders.

Otherwise, the opporunity of taking a lease on the premises should be put out to tender and all interested parties invited to participate.  With 10 years free I might even be prepared to put in a bid myself!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #556 on: January 13, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »
 :D  Dave i will keep trying for xmas illuminations this town deserves. ))*

Yorkie

« Reply #557 on: January 13, 2011, 08:04:53 pm »
And I'm with you all the way Wrex!      $uk

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #558 on: January 13, 2011, 09:44:10 pm »
What a lot of English residents who have moved into North Wales fail to understand is, it's not the Welsh way to say NO to any proportion: no matter how reasonable, relevant, far fetched or ridiculous, it might be.

No they’ll form a committee to discus the matter in depth and then when any problem arises, they will form a sub committee which in the fullness of time will report back to the main committee.

The main committee will discuss the sub committees report and ask for clarification on this and that, then refer it back to them to discuss it further.

Its even been known for the sub committee to refer the matter to Outside Consultants, which will take at the very minimum a year to report back and cost you and me  (the rate payers) an arm and a leg.

Of course all of this takes time, years in fact when they don’t have to make a final decision  because its still being discussed in committee and because of the Local Government Act 1972 Section 100A Schedule 12A you can't even use the Freedom of Information Act to find out what they were discussing in the first place.

I had a lovely example of this when my Ward Councillor didn't bother to turn up to the sub committees meeting and the Press and Public were excluded and I quote “as they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in the Act”.
 >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>

I'm going on holiday on Saturday for a couple of weeks to ponder what should be done about it. Perhaps we should form a committee and discuss it when I get back.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:59:53 pm by Blongb »
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #559 on: January 14, 2011, 12:22:12 am »
BlongB !!
It is not a wholly Welsh trait to be indecisive, or shroud and delay matters in endless trails of unnecessary administration.

I have worked for private English and French corporate businesses all my career.   75% of the staff in those businesses always seemed to have no other function than to frustrate progress and produce nothing.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Yorkie

« Reply #560 on: January 14, 2011, 07:50:31 am »
Like Fester I have also worked for foreign companies for many a year, including the French, Swedish, Germans and Japanese.    Despite their success I found that the worst were the Japanese who (in my day) would do nothing without having had a committee meeting! 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: January 15, 2011, 05:46:11 pm »
The massive banner on the front of Wetherspoons blew off earlier today. Still very rough in town.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #562 on: January 15, 2011, 05:59:43 pm »
did it blow clean off the building  :o
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:51 pm »
I think it was hanging off. The Police arrived and I think contractors removed what was left of it.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #564 on: January 15, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »
could have been some major Public Liability claims for that one. its huge  :o
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #565 on: January 15, 2011, 07:37:24 pm »
Obviously very little risk assessment.  'elf an' safety out of the window!      ZXZ

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #566 on: January 15, 2011, 09:44:46 pm »
:DWatching Michael Portillo in Llandudno on his train journeys BBC 2

The programme can be watched on BBC iplayer here:
BBC iPlayer - Great British Railway Journeys: Series 2: Chester to Conwy

The aerial shot of Llandudno Station was completely embarrassing....

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #567 on: January 16, 2011, 07:30:14 am »
I must admit the aerial shot didn't stick out for me in the programme. I think Llandudno came out of the programme really positively, as did the Conwy Valley and the whole of the other areas covered in the last three programmes, apart from maybe Blaenau's lack of greenery. I think any potential tourists would look at the programme and think it would be a good place to visit.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #568 on: January 16, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »
it made me want to visit and do the train trips!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #569 on: January 17, 2011, 09:35:49 am »
lots of Minis on the prom yesterday

this was my favourite, a very nice Riley Elf

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:37:42 am by Merddin Emrys »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas