Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616257 times)

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8205 on: February 05, 2020, 07:53:01 pm »
It will make you wonder if this gets the go ahead, the council give the Neville plans the knock back, these comming months will be very interesting about different plans in the pipeline.

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8206 on: February 06, 2020, 01:53:52 pm »
just a change of thread,  I prostrated myself outside St. John’s Church this morning, not as an act of penance or prayer, but as a result of the damn uneven flagstones, I’ll be glad when they get round to dealing with them. It’s bloody painful at my age. 
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8207 on: February 06, 2020, 03:04:39 pm »
Nasty hope all is well.............

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8208 on: February 06, 2020, 03:53:28 pm »
I sprained my back and the tip of one of my fingers has turned blue, probably bursts a vein.  Thanks for your thoughts
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #8209 on: February 06, 2020, 05:31:03 pm »
Sorry to hear that Quiggs and hope that everything gets better soon.

Report the matter to the authorities though as it could happen to someone else again.     

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8210 on: February 07, 2020, 10:18:11 am »
A Llandudno grandmother had the shock of her life when a paraglider landed on her roof.

Yvonne Kavanagh, of Abbey Place, was quietly reading her book when she heard a "massive thud" on her roof.

The 72-year-old former hotel owner rushed out of the house, thinking her chimney had collapsed.
She said: "At first I just couldn't work it out, because when I ran out of the house I couldn't spot anything but for a few broken roof tiles.
"I then thought the chimney must have collapsed so ran upstairs and saw these coloured chords across one of the windows, and didn't have a clue what they were.

"I went back outside, and then saw this man of top of my roof saying, 'Don't worry, I'm fine', and I replied 'But what about my roof?'"

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/paraglider-crash-lands-roof-house-17700363

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8211 on: February 09, 2020, 10:30:58 am »
First images of Penderyn whisky's £5m Llandudno distillery as plans submitted
The Welsh brand hopes to secure planning permission to convert the Old Board School on Lloyd Street.

Penderyn has released the first images of its planned £5m distillery and and visitor centre in Llandudno as plans for the scheme are submitted.

The Welsh whisky brand has secured a £1.4m Welsh Government cash offer for its first expansion into North Wales.

Bosses at the Aberdare based business hope to secure planning permission to convert the current Conwy Archives site at Old Board School on Lloyd Street into a distillery for their world renowned spirits.  cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/first-images-penderyn-whiskys-5m-17709035

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?........ New Pay and Display
« Reply #8212 on: February 17, 2020, 04:52:17 pm »
Pay and Display planned for Craig y Don promenade to cope with £11m funding shortfall.

PAY and display machines could be introduced along the parade from Craig y Don and towards the RNLI Lifeboat Station in Llandudno.

The machines are being proposed along with other suggested strategies as Conwy County Borough Council find ways to cope with a £11m funding shortfall.

Other ‘additional income’ proposals include reviewing parking charges to encourage car share, active travel and public transport use; the use of part of Mostyn Broadway Coach Park for pay and display car parking and introducing street parking charges on Gloddaeth Street / Avenue, Llandudno.   
cont... https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18241066.pay-display-planned-craig-y-don-promenade-cope-11m-funding-shortfall/

Offline SteveH

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?...........Venue Cymru
« Reply #8213 on: February 21, 2020, 02:06:16 pm »
A £3million redevelopment of Venue Cymru’s arts and conference spaces has been completed.

The project includes the creation of a 180sq conference/studio room, a multi-purpose space with sprung floor that can be used for performances, rehearsal and conferences.

A demountable partition has been installed in the main hall, allowing the 700sq metre space to be split in two.

The ground-floor Orme suite has been remodelled.

cont.  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18252610.minister-eluned-morgan-joins-guests-mark-official-opening-newly-redeveloped-facilities-llandudnos-venue-cymru/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8214 on: February 27, 2020, 11:21:00 am »
Nice night for a wander round the town checking out the council flower beds....or seeing what Waldron is up to.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #8215 on: February 27, 2020, 02:40:17 pm »
Unfortunately for us, some kind considerate soul left our front gate open and as a result the Goats in your photo's came through our front Garden on their way down to the Prom. Luckily we had put up our chicken wire protection over the front flowerbed so have only suffered minor damage to our plants, so far this year.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8216 on: February 27, 2020, 03:27:51 pm »
Unfortunately for us, some kind considerate soul left our front gate open and as a result the Goats in your photo's came through our front Garden on their way down to the Prom. Luckily we had put up our chicken wire protection over the front flowerbed so have only suffered minor damage to our plants, so far this year.

We are in the position, that they can enter if neighbors leave their's open, the trouble is they cannot get back out, and get stuck in ours, as a matter of interest, we have a "gate closing spring" fitted which does a great job......  example  ......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Homezone%C2%AE-Vintage-Galvanised-Garden-Fittings/dp/B07662YY1N/ref=asc_df_B07662YY1N/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=272558806266&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4774803218193225674&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061004&hvtargid=pla-446314275061&psc=1

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8217 on: March 09, 2020, 09:35:36 am »
There was a 10K road race around the Great Orme on Saturday and I know that it went ahead as I've seen the results but does anyone know if the route went past St Petrocks and the Toll House on the West Shore
The only reason I'm asking is because that section of the road was closed to pedestrians on Thursday last week

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8218 on: March 09, 2020, 09:55:38 am »
I got the impression they were doing circuits, around West Shore, and up past Ysgol San Sior on Church Walks ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8219 on: March 09, 2020, 11:26:22 am »
Thanks Steve     $good$