Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2616626 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8160 on: October 23, 2019, 04:03:26 pm »
The last time one few low over my house the whole house shook.    It's one mighty machine with a distinctive noise, completely  different to an ordinary helicopter

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #8161 on: October 29, 2019, 02:16:38 pm »
LLANDUDNO has won the large coastal category of the Royal Horticultural Society’s (RHS) Britain in Bloom competition.

The town saw off competition from Bexhill-on-Sea and Newquay and earned a gold medal for the exceptional standard of its entry.

Llandudno’s show piece was the Great Orme limestone headland, an important conservation area, while other projects included the planting of disease-resistant elm trees and a community vineyard in Haulfre Gardens, harvested this year to produce its first wine.
cont...    https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18000287.llandudno-wins-britain-bloom-coastal-award/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8162 on: October 30, 2019, 12:17:05 pm »
Join us for a superb professional fireworks display set off in Llandudno Bay at 6.10pm. There will be entertainment on the stage on the promenade prior to the fireworks. If the weather is adverse, the display will be rescheduled for Thursday 31 October at 7pm.
Note: Finish times are approximate and may vary, contact the organiser for further information.
Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.    http://www.visitllandudno.org.uk/events/llandudno-fireworks-display-p423251

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8163 on: October 30, 2019, 07:53:35 pm »
Thousands in Llandudno tonight.        ref DP

"This is what caused all the queues
Well the organisers of Llandudno fireworks display promised it would be “epic” and it looks like it was pretty spectacular! Here’s a photo of the fireworks which caused all those queues on the A55 and in Llandudno."

"Gridlock in Llandudno
It looks like Llandudno is pretty much gridlocked with traffic due to the fireworks."

A55 lanes closed as thousands flock to fireworks display

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8164 on: November 01, 2019, 09:39:57 am »
"Llandudno fireworks captured in 12 incredible shots"
Below a spectacular photo of Llandudno
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gallery/llandudno-fireworks-captured-12-incredible-17177525

Llandudno's 'spectacular' fireworks display attracts thousands of people.
The Pioneer reporting 19,000 in attendance..........also
"Commenting on 'worries' about the event potentially being the last one - due to increasing costs - and backlash about the event being hosted in October, cllr Marubbi added: "I do hope everyone appreciates the event.

"There is increasing costs. We could do with sponsorship from different businesses.

"I am very passionate about my town. We don't want to stop it, but this is public money. I know the rates are so high for businesses but they need to start helping. If businesses can give a little bit and we have a couple of good sponsors, just someone to help.

"We do get questions - why October? But we have to fit in with tidal times. If we did not have it then, then we would be looking towards the end of November."
https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/18006879.llandudnos-spectacular-fireworks-display-attracts-thousands-people/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8165 on: November 04, 2019, 08:38:41 am »

Offline SteveH

« Reply #8166 on: November 04, 2019, 09:42:56 am »
How low can some yobs go?       
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/yobs-break-foodbank-pour-out-17193873

Unfortunately it also happened about this time last year,  lets hope the CCTV is as good as they say, this time.
14th September 2018
Llandudno community help charity, Ty Hapus, after vandal attack.... https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/16861689.llandudno-community-help-charity-ty-hapus-after-vandal-attack/

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8167 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:50 am »
That issue was different from this time, they had the culprits on cctv, police took now action though, the were a different lot and hopefully they turn up after school today to apologise and make good the food losses, otherwise see tomorrow whether the police take action, we can only hope.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8168 on: November 04, 2019, 02:25:24 pm »
If those yobs don't come forward and make good the damage that they have done then the Police should have an obligation to investigate the matter
To not do so lets the yobs get away with it and they could do it again, also it undermines the faith and confidence that the public have in the Police for protecting the rights of decent people

The Rugby Club was broken into some years ago and the Police were conspicuous by their absence but I bet if some of the prop forwards were lying in wait for the intruders and the Police got to hear about it then I'm sure that a fleet of squad cars would be sent there to protect the perpetrators.

Offline spotty dog

« Reply #8169 on: November 04, 2019, 06:10:20 pm »
UPDATE ON THE FOODBANK POST

This afternoon a dozen of the young people involved came to the centre and owned up to their part in the events of last week and apologised, they have replaced what they took and one even came back with a bagful of donations. We had a long chat about how the FoodBank works and who we help and we are pleased they chose to do the right thing.

Sadly the main instigators and the half dozen or so who stole most of the food and caused the damage didn’t have the guts to come and face us even though they knew others were, so first thing tomorrow morning further action will be taken against those few.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8170 on: November 04, 2019, 09:53:10 pm »
One lot of lads and girls turned up after school and apologised and bought bags of stuff,later on the rest turned up,it was explained to them what went on at the food bank hopefully they have seen sense and learnt a lesson, the staff handled the situation very well and didn't have to give any names out.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8171 on: November 05, 2019, 04:23:42 pm »
Norman, there was a small article about the yobs and the foodbank in today's Daily Mirror pg 4    I'm pleased that the matter has been resolved and the yobs can consider themselves lucky that the Centre was so magnanimous in dealing with such a dreadful incident
I hope that a lesson has been learnt by all those children involved

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8172 on: November 05, 2019, 08:32:56 pm »
Jaynie handled the situation very well and the youngsters couldn't apologies enoug, they were told about the work about the foodbank,they later bought bags of stuff, they were assured the names wouldn't come out But were told nicely that anything within 12 months and the police and school would be involved, the police were not very happy to be honest as Jaynie wouldn't give them the names, we all just hope they have learnt their lesson.

Offline Dave

« Reply #8173 on: November 07, 2019, 07:28:22 pm »
the youngsters couldn't apologies enough
Only because they realised they had no option other than to apologise or face the law. I doubt they were remorseful.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8174 on: November 07, 2019, 08:01:09 pm »
We can only wait and see, as I say Jaynie handled it very well, the body language looked very good, and they bought a lot more to the bank than the ruined, Jaynie made a promise no names passed to police or school, But she explained she would keep on file for 12 months, the school have invited her to chat to the pupils the workings of the food banks,   I was disappointed today about one post one comment saying they should have been brought to the courts and crimilised etc, Is job 🤔High up in the probation service and we wonder why this country is knackered with people like him.