Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 1229918 times)

SteveH

• Newshound
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #8100 on: March 16, 2019, 10:54:24 AM »
I got a visit on Thursday evening, they were definitely hungry, even fighting over some of my shrubs, I moved them on, but I am always wary, those are intimidating horns.  ???

Very surprised to see large areas of The Oval flooded this morning, worst I have seen, since being here.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8101 on: March 16, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
This link won't comfort you Steve and I take it that you weren't there in 1993.     If those drains in the western part of the town are not cleared of sand on a regular basis then there could be bigger problems in the future.
Just because the drains are out of sight CCBC should still be aware of any problems pending

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #8102 on: March 16, 2019, 12:43:31 PM »
I fortunately missed the 93 events, and have to say I do see the gullies being cleaned quite often, so fingers crossed.

PS just heard llanrwst in big trouble, the small stream in town is full to bursting, this caused havoc a few years, the river is highest level since 2015

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #8103 on: March 16, 2019, 02:02:28 PM »
I do see the gullies being cleaned quite often, so fingers crossed.
I wish I could say the same! All over town, I see blocked road drains, sadly.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #8104 on: March 20, 2019, 12:46:29 PM »
I noticed the goats all over Gloddaeth Ave. last night, they even bedded down on the central reservation about 11pm, later I saw them running towards West shore, never seen them move so fast, then I saw the large dog off the lead, who was encouraging them along, the owner a little distance away............ 

GOATS intruding into Llandudno have proved to be a problem for Ysgol San Sior.

There has been a recent influx of goats from the herd living on the Great Orme into the town because of bad weather.
Goat incursions have also been a continuing problem for Ysgol San Sior which lies at the foot of the Great Orme.

Ian Jones, headmaster, said: “The goats have wrecked havoc. They’ve destroyed 150 saplings we planted last Autumn, and the worry is that if they continue to gain access to the school field they will repeat the damage they did last year.

"Then they eat all the blossom on our apple trees which meant we had no apples to make our chutney

“Another problem is that goat poo gets walked into the school.”
He added: “It is important to say we like the goats. But the problem is overpopulation, that’s the issue.
"Goats are great for our town, they encourage biodiversity on the Orme.”