Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2613184 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #7770 on: August 29, 2017, 09:21:52 am »
   %0%        Winter Waldronland           %0%

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7771 on: August 29, 2017, 09:36:49 am »
This card is on sale in aid of a charity .
Spooky eh?  It seems that they can see into the future!
Haha, that's fantastic!  :laugh:

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7772 on: August 29, 2017, 12:42:06 pm »
Chinook helicopter just flown down the valley, and from where I am it looks as if it landed on the Northshore prom. ? ?

Offline Tom Davidson

• Ad Free Member
  • Daily Post hack
« Reply #7773 on: August 29, 2017, 01:45:09 pm »
Landed on Bodafon fields, part of a cadet training exercise. Hoping to write up a few pars on it.
After all what is time, a mere tyranny.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7774 on: August 29, 2017, 03:04:16 pm »
This is why there was a Chinook flying over Llandudno
Lots of locals have posted pictures online of the twin-rotored aircraft which came in to land at Bodafon Fields
BYTOM DAVIDSON

The Chinook came in to land on Bodafon Fields next to Craig-y-Don and was part of an exercise involving 120 Welsh Wing cadets and staff, as part of an 'experience day'.

No 2 Welsh Wing Air Cadets tweeted: "Great afternoon of Chinook flying with 27 Sqn RAF - 120 cadets and staff flown from a field in Llandudno!"

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7775 on: August 29, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »
This card is on sale in aid of a charity .
Spooky eh?  It seems that they can see into the future!

Nah, he *thought* he could see in to the future and now he's had to give them all away for charity. With renewed investment in the Pier it's clear how this will all end.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #7776 on: September 01, 2017, 09:03:25 am »
I see that the 'Visitor Information Points' that were installed outside the Library and Station in May 2014 to great fanfare are now scheduled for removal and scrapping. How much did they cost - £20k+++?

Photo courtesy Anthony Woodhouse.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #7777 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:39 am »
The Alice Trail doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was.

The private initiative also attracted a substantial amount of public funds, if I remember correctly.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7778 on: September 01, 2017, 09:18:40 pm »
The Alice Trail doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was.

The private initiative also attracted a substantial amount of public funds, if I remember correctly.

I noticed that some of those metal 'rabbit footprints' are now empty holes.  Stolen?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #7779 on: September 02, 2017, 09:13:48 am »
Or lack of upkeep ? :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #7780 on: September 02, 2017, 10:53:28 am »
The wording suggested as though they have decided to allow street trading in many such areas, and they are just seeking any feedback, not 'objections' as such.

Anyone shed any more light on what's going on, and why?
Don't want to scaremonger, but this 'could' change the entire character of Llandudno.
Received from my local councilor today....
Street Trading.
Earlier this summer Conwy County Borough Council reviewed its street trading policy, which could have resulted in street trading prohibitions being lifted from residential streets in Llandudno.  The council launched a public consultation and the feedback was considered by the General Licensing Committee,  The committee felt that there was no public desire to open up residential streets to street trading.

Open Doors 2017.
Every year CADW, Conwy County Borough Council and the owners of historic buildings throughout the county come together to open their doors for free on select days during September.  This is an exciting opportunity to explore some of the most unique parts of our history steeped county.  Details of Conwy properties taking part in Open Doors 2017 are available online at http://cadw.gov.wales/events/open-doors-events-2017/conwy-events/?lang=en .

Offline Dave

« Reply #7781 on: September 02, 2017, 11:23:51 am »
The wording suggested as though they have decided to allow street trading in many such areas, and they are just seeking any feedback, not 'objections' as such.

Anyone shed any more light on what's going on, and why?
Don't want to scaremonger, but this 'could' change the entire character of Llandudno.
Received from my local councilor today....
Street Trading.
Earlier this summer Conwy County Borough Council reviewed its street trading policy, which could have resulted in street trading prohibitions being lifted from residential streets in Llandudno.  The council launched a public consultation and the feedback was considered by the General Licensing Committee,  The committee felt that there was no public desire to open up residential streets to street trading.

So you see, those who criticised the objectors to using Queens Park, Craig-y-Don for trading purposes probably didn't want the hot dog vendor outside their front door either.  :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7782 on: September 02, 2017, 01:50:44 pm »
I think I see what you're driving at Dave, but nothing could be further from the truth.

You (and others) were objecting to a one day music and food event, in one tiny part of Llandudno.

I was concerned about EVERY street in Llandudno, being available to street traders, every day of the year.

See the subtle difference?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Dave

« Reply #7783 on: September 02, 2017, 04:00:31 pm »
I think I see what you're driving at Dave, but nothing could be further from the truth.

You (and others) were objecting to a one day music and food event, in one tiny part of Llandudno.

I was concerned about EVERY street in Llandudno, being available to street traders, every day of the year.

Absolutely not, time and time again I have stressed that the biggest objection was to the application to a 5 day licence each and every week of the year and one that allowed events to carry on serving alcohol until 11.30pm too.
The difference isn't subtle, what might happen in Craig-y-Don was much worse!

So, I admit to being a NIMBY and don't mind anyone calling me such, however, it seems there is a huge percentage of residents living in Llandudno who don't see the town as a cash cow and are quite content with things the way they are without trying to make money at every possibility.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7784 on: September 03, 2017, 09:48:39 am »

I was one who objected, and my reason was that I did not want to see the volunteer maintained park mangled. I have been to street parties and food fests in streets all over the world, and thoroughly enjoyed them (and I've seen the aftermath) and Crag y Don park in October is categorically not the place to hold one. 

There are plenty of suitable venues, plus if the Council is so keen to encourage them, get them to change the rules and hold them on the prom.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.